What Directors Should Helm A Bond Film?

Comments

Tuck91 wrote: »
    The next one is either going to be directed by Nolan or Mendes.
    Well, as long as there will be other interesting movies during that period...

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I've been championing Alfonso Cuaron for the longest time and he still gets my vote but i'll also throw in Denis Villeneuve too. Prisoners and Sicario were bloody brilliant.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I've been championing Alfonso Cuaron for the longest time and he still gets my vote but i'll also throw in Denis Villeneuve too. Prisoners and Sicario were bloody brilliant.
    If we want gritty, dark and intense back in Bond, then yes, I totally agree. Villeneuve could do something impressive, but it might not light the box office on fire (not that I care). It will certainly be memorable.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Denis Villeneuve will be busy with the Blade Runner sequel unfortunately.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @jake24, production begins in July and is in theaters in January of 2018. Seeing as how we won't have Bond 25 until late 2018 at the absolute earliest, we shouldn't count out Villeneuve just yet.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @jake24, production begins in July and is in theaters in January of 2018. Seeing as how we won't have Bond 25 until late 2018 at the absolute earliest, we shouldn't count out Villeneuve just yet.
    Such a shame, because he'd be my absolute first choice.
    @jake24, why is it a shame? It's still plausible for him to helm it. Even with late 2018 being the earliest we'll get 'Bond 25,' whose to say it won't be another four year hiatus? Then it'd be even more time for him, if that was the case.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Creasy47 I believe the next Villeneuve film will premiere at Cannes in May: the sci-fi film 'Story of Your Life' with Jeremy Renner and Forest Whitaker.
    @jake24, why is it a shame? It's still plausible for him to helm it. Even with late 2018 being the earliest we'll get 'Bond 25,' whose to say it won't be another four year hiatus? Then it'd be even more time for him, if that was the case.
    Sorry, I misread your post. So there's still a chance then.
    @jake24, indeed there is! This is all going off of the possibility that they're both interested and he could make it work with his schedule/the inevitable premiere work he'll have to undertake once 'Blade Runner 2' finally releases.

@DaltonCraig007, I do hope it's good. The plot doesn't have me that interested, but then again, Villeneuve has yet to disappoint.
  • Villeneuve would be a good choice. His films are often bleak, but I don't think they're nearly as clinical as say, Fincher's (the two have surely been compared). I think he empathizes with his characters in a way Fincher merely observes them. Both styles are fine and have their own merits, but Villeneuve's is (in my opinion) far more suitable for Bond.

God, hadn't thought of him. Would love that.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I am looking forward to Blade Runner 2 more than Bond 25 anyway.
    Go to your room.
    Which room?
  • I am looking forward to Blade Runner 2 more than Bond 25 anyway.

I think I am as well.

I think I am as well.

Me, three, and I never, ever expected to have any interest in a 'Blade Runner' sequel, but with Ford returning, Scott having a hand in it, and having it directed and shot by Villeneuve and Deakins, respectively, it's one of my most anticipated films of the next few years.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 1,595
    Yeah, isn't Gosling in it as well? That dude has enormous screen presence. Ford finally didn't phone it in for the first time in well over a decade for the new Star Wars, so here's to hoping he gives this film the same sort of respect.
    You are both right, and the original scriptwriter, Wasshisname, is back as well.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 5,767

I think I am as well.

Me, three, and I never, ever expected to have any interest in a 'Blade Runner' sequel, but with Ford returning, Scott having a hand in it, and having it directed and shot by Villeneuve and Deakins, respectively, it's one of my most anticipated films of the next few years.
    My recent thoughts as well.

Alejandro G. Iñárritu, Matthew Vaughn ,David Fincher or Doug Liman to name a few

I don't blame you and I understand why. There are a few films I'm looking forward to more so than Bond 25.
    Not me! I don't believe Villeneuve will match the original. And no matter what comes out each year, if Bond is returning, that's my most anticipated film of the year! I love the build up, the rumours, then pre-production ,casting, in production, then trailers and the few weeks leading up to its premiere. NO other movie matches that for me (And yes, I'm including Star Bores!)
    Aww...you remind me of me before I knew better.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    What about a woman?

Kathryn Bigelow

Zero Dark Thirty and The Hurt Locker are two of the best movies of the last 10 years.

That woman knows how to direct actors, action and drama.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 5,767
    What about a woman?

Kathryn Bigelow

Zero Dark Thirty and The Hurt Locker are two of the best movies of the last 10 years.

That woman knows how to direct actors, action and drama.
    She was mentioned long ago, and it´s a crime she hasn´t done a Bond film already long ago. I wonder if Babs would allow another stunning lady at her side. In fact, Bigelow is so hot she could star in a movie herself. Must be confusing for the male actors :-)).

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Steven Spielberg (my pipe dream)

Katherine Bigelow

Rian Johnson (Looper, currently shooting Star Wars Episode VIII)

Alejandro González Iñárritu (Babel, Biutiful, Birdman, The Revenant)

Tom Hooper
    If a director is going to direct a Bond film he/or she needs to know their Bond history. History about the novels, and history about the films. If you don't know your Bond history then you should not be directing a Bond film.
    Same principle applies to the composer! I'm looking at your lazy ass, Newman!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Alexandre Desplat please :D
    I've been championing Alfonso Cuaron, and I watched QoS again this afternoon (Still great Bond movie!) and something I didn't notice before. in the end credits for the cast, it has 'Additional voices...Guillermo Del Toro and Alfonso Cuaron'!! Whats that all about? Has anyone noticed it before?