A video game for 50th Anniversary, what do you think of the opinion?

Comments

SharkBait wrote:
    And even if the game was short (so I've heard. I sold it away before even finishing it. I hated it that much) the levels were huge, and if I remember correctly, there was no savepoints. And yes, I also remember it being pretty difficult.

Oh yeah, and I watched a couple of videos from youtube (Let's Play Goldeneye Rogue Agent) and the music was horrible. Even by David Arnold's standards (and I don't mind his Bond music, even if he gets a lot slack). Totally un-Bondian techno music.

I also hated the eye-powers/abilities. They got incredibly annoying and were completely unnecessary in the Bond franchise. It seemed like something more fit for science fiction, not James Bond.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Actually, GERA was just a game with the Bond name to make EA win money.
    $$$ = WIN

Yes, I thought as much. Didn't feel like it fitted in the Bond universe at all. The villains were the only thin link to Bond. Otherwise it could have been called Super Iris X or something.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    EoN's last mission's easiest for me atm. At 00 Agent, with some practice, I can make the first section of the mission without taking any shot ;)

That is impressive sir. I only managed to beat that level twice. And one of those times I used the Golden Gun
    Yeah there were some tough levels...so what? I like a game that is challenging. Goldeneye Wii and reloaded were way too easy even on 007 classic. Goldeneye 64 was way too easy. GE:RA was a nice challenge. And actually there were a few save points along the way...not one every turn like Goldeneye lol. For a gamecube game it was pretty nice graphics at the time and I thought the gameplay was pretty bug free. I think if it was just called Rogue Agent and not connected to bond in any way a lot more people would have liked it. The Bond fans had their feelings hurt with it being villian on villian and no bond.
    to each his own I found Goldeneye rogue agent and EON easy. I'm embarrassed to say though i can't beat bloodstone in 007 mode because the last part of Burma I keep getting killed by the dam helicopter
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I just replayed Bloodstone for fun, and was angered at the annoying aim assist that guides you to the torsos of enemies each time you scope in near them. Is there a way to turn that off?! Besides that it is a pretty fun romp but the story is utter shite and the sprint function is broken as all hell. The opening, the fight to get to Burnin, the Pomerov Industries infiltration, the Bangkok shootout/chase, and the final chase were all pretty good moments. The story as I said is an utter mess, and at the end of it all when Rak wonders how Bond knows who he is working with, and Bond says "it's not important". Ahh YES IT IS JAMES! I have no idea how he connected Nicole and Rak at the end of it all, which makes the mess of a plot even dirtier.
    I just replayed Bloodstone for fun, and was angered at the annoying aim assist that guides you to the torsos of enemies each time you scope in near them. Is there a way to turn that off?! Besides that it is a pretty fun romp but the story is utter shite and the sprint function is broken as all hell. The opening, the fight to get to Burnin, the Pomerov Industries infiltration, the Bangkok shootout/chase, and the final chase were all pretty good moments. The story as I said is an utter mess, and at the end of it all when Rak wonders how Bond knows who he is working with, and Bond says "it's not important". Ahh YES IT IS JAMES! I have no idea how he connected Nicole and Rak at the end of it all, which makes the mess of a plot even dirtier.

I agree with everything said here. I finally figured out that Bond figured out who was behind Rak because of his diamond knife (hence "Blood Stone"). It wasn't explained clearly though and should of been more clear. Also just putting it out there....Blood Stone as the title was VERY poor. I would of understood if it made sense with the plot but it's basically a throwaway device.

Whatever the next original game is, it should have a more fleshed out story.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2012 Posts: 28,694
    bondbat007 wrote:

I agree with everything said here. I finally figured out that Bond figured out who was behind Rak because of his diamond knife (hence "Blood Stone"). It wasn't explained clearly though and should of been more clear. Also just putting it out there....Blood Stone as the title was VERY poor. I would of understood if it made sense with the plot but it's basically a throwaway device.

Whatever the next original game is, it should have a more fleshed out story.

So when Bond saw the diamonds his first thought was Nicole?!
    Nicole had explained to Bond at some point in the game about what kind of diamonds she deals with (I think, I can't remember exactly) and Rak explained exactly those types of jewels and diamonds were in his knife...so it's a very contrived device that was not fully explained at all and a pathetic result of the title being "Blood Stone"
  • bondbat007 wrote:
    Nicole had explained to Bond at some point in the game about what kind of diamonds she deals with (I think, I can't remember exactly) and Rak explained exactly those types of jewels and diamonds were in his knife...so it's a very contrived device that was not fully explained at all and a pathetic result of the title being "Blood Stone"

True, very true. But, in my novelization, the whole bloodstone thing is explained...
    in playing Deus ex still in the first level I now feel Edios needs to do a bond game! Deus ex is what the past 3 bond games should of been ability to choose between stealth and all out action! I was able to stealth fully go through an area where there were 20 gaurds and I was so happy how I achieved it. that is what a bond game NEEDS!
    Bond needs his gadgets back along with his suaveness.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 14,018
    Very true. Scrap the phone and get the gadgets back in his watch and his shades.

EmoticonQWATCH.png B-)
    QBranch wrote:
    Very true. Scrap the phone and get the gadgets back in his watch and his shades.

EmoticonQWATCH.png B-)

Loved the TWINE glasses detonator. A realistic gadget. Was that in the game though?
    I've got TWINE on N64, and I don't remember a glasses detonator. He definitely had some sort of X-ray/heat signature function on the shades, though.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 669
    Yes, there was. But, it's barely seen. Only on N64 version.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 12,837
    QBranch wrote:

EmoticonQWATCH.png B-)

how do you do the awesome smilies????

QBranch wrote:

EmoticonQWATCH.png B-)

They're my own custom emoticons specifically for this forum ;)

EmoticonQWATCH.png

EmoticonMARTINI.png

EmoticonBONDGUN.png
    QBranch wrote:
    QBranch wrote:

EmoticonQWATCH.png B-)

EmoticonQWATCH.png

EmoticonMARTINI.png

EmoticonBONDGUN.png

Well, you really have special talents, Q. May I ask to get one of these?
    Are there any rumours that we will have non-Skyfall 007 game this year?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    dragonsky wrote:

Only from @JamesPage himself. He says we'll get two games this year. So one Skyfall, the other not.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    dragonsky wrote:

Only from @JamesPage himself. He says we'll get two games this year. So one Skyfall, the other not.
    Yey :).I hope atleast one of them will be a PC game.

Samuel001 wrote:
    dragonsky wrote:

Raven Studios has been very quite in recent years so let's hope we'll get their game
    Agreed Bondbat from the footage we saw it looked amazing
    I'd really like for the next Bond game to be a compliation of all past 22 Bond movies with levels coming from key action sequences in the movies. There could be a variety of levels ranging from stealth, to gun-fights, to fist-fights, to car chases, boat chases, and airplane chases. As an added bonus, you could play as the Bond of your choice, so you might have Lazenby in DAF, or Dalton in AVTAK, etc. For multiplayer, there'd be unlimited options. You can play as any major character from any Bond movie and use special weapons and abilities set specifically for that character. For maps, again, there'd be unlimited options ranging from Blofeld's volcano lair to Kamal Khan's Monsoon Palace, and many others. Also, all of Q's Q Brancg gadgets would be available, as well as the Bond cars. This would be my ideal Bond game!
    JamesBond wrote:
    May I ask to get one of these?
    Yep, sure. Which one did you want?
    QBranch wrote:
    gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

EmoticonBONDGUN.png

gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg?1307579749

Well said!
    QBranch wrote:
    JamesBond wrote:
    May I ask to get one of these?
    Yep, sure. Which one did you want?

The one with the silenced PPK looks brilliant as well as the laser watch keeps me feeling that there's some Bond.

Can you make a one with a tuxedo? bowtie at least?