A video game for 50th Anniversary, what do you think of the opinion?

Comments

• edited February 2012 Posts: 127
    Rubbish mechanics? Look dude I am no supporter of COD infact that game pisses me off more than I actually have fun. But when I want a smooth playing game with little to no lag and spot on controls I pop in COD for a few rounds.

Not sure about the story I haven't played it.
  • @YELARAKA

Sorry about my fiery temperament. I just explode when I see someone Supporting the COD series. Man, it has everything what it takes to be a trash. For example, I finish every COD game within three hours, while with games like Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, the No One Lives Forever twosome, and as well as the Half-Life games, with the addition of EA's James Bond games, they took three weeks to one and half month to be finished. They had the proper mechanics, they had surprising events and achieving the player with honourable achievements, and featuring fully-told story as well, not like today's games who tell us the quarter or the half of the plot, for example, take on Blood Stone, we had the half of the story or the quarter, there wasn't a specified purpose on that game, just empty actions and assassination, and as well as conspiracy copying the "Jason Bourne" tenure, the franchise that I really hate. They're just no games, they're just full of empty entertainment started by Craptivision years ago. I mean Acitivsion was good, what happened to them? They gave us Return to Castle Wolfenstein, a classic shooter. But, with this COD series? I can't afford to even watch it.

However, what do you want to see in this new upcoming 007 video game that will be referring to the 50th Anniversary celebration?
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 401
    JamesBond wrote:
    COD has got everything what it takes to be a scumbag. rubbish mechanics, rubbish gameplay and no story.
    Woah, I've never heard anyone say that before! The COD series aren't bad games, it's just played by mostly stupid people.

JamesBond wrote:
    there wasn't a specified purpose on that game, just empty actions and assassination, and as well as conspiracy copying the "Jason Bourne" tenure
    You could essentially say the same thing about the current films.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I'd want to see a Great gameplay with same abilities seen in Blood Stone.
    I've missed the "roll" ability from Everything Or Nothing, i'd like to see it in this game.
    Also, they should make a new engine for this one. If they use Blood Stone's one, the game will be lacking on Graphics.
    If they base it on Skyfall, I will want the game STICKED in the original story. Don't do what they made on QoS, making extra missions with nothing to do with the movie.
    And PLEASE, Do driving missions. I don't care about the car, just. do. them.
    COD is not evil. Hey, it's even fun. It's not ruining the gaming industry it just works and works well for people who like playing it. And currently there are millions upon millions of people who like playing it. And I am one of them. Are there better games? Yes of course. But it's not the worst thing ever happen in history

Skyfall should be a straight adaption of the film. I'm sick of all these games calling themselves the film they are based on, and then not having ANYTHING to do with the film. I don't think Skyfall will have that problem, but I just had to say it. With that being said, of course there is going to be more content added to make a longer story. But let's not stretch it too much

Let's hope for a 3rd person game, but I wouldn't have a major issue with a FPS. If it's done well

what I want is 5 things

1. Stealth. this should be an obvious but it isn't. Conviction had the right amount of stealth to action ratio they should use it as a guide line

2. Realistic story. Bloodstone had a good start but it could of been much much better. I like the smaller plots of the Craig era not every villain needs to want to start world war 3 with some tactical nuclear device in order to be scary. A good decent plot

3. Locations. Unlike the films the video games really can't have too many locations and the levels need to be interesting and explorable.

4. the ability to play hold em poker as bond in a mini game. I can't stress this enough I really can't

5. no emphasis on gadgets. Bond is the primary tool not a bunch of ridiculous gadgets (Qcopter in From russia with love the video game for example)
  • Dr_Metz wrote:
    JamesBond wrote:
    COD has got everything what it takes to be a scumbag. rubbish mechanics, rubbish gameplay and no story.
    Woah, I've never heard anyone say that before! The COD series aren't bad games, it's just played by mostly stupid people.

JamesBond wrote:
    there wasn't a specified purpose on that game, just empty actions and assassination, and as well as conspiracy copying the "Jason Bourne" tenure
    You could essentially say the same thing about the current films.

I really should thank you, @Dr_Metz. Because, you appreciated and understood what I said. I'm really glad to see someone agrees with me. Thank you, again.
  • Risico007 wrote:
    what I want is 5 things

1. Stealth. this should be an obvious but it isn't. Conviction had the right amount of stealth to action ratio they should use it as a guide line

2. Realistic story. Bloodstone had a good start but it could of been much much better. I like the smaller plots of the Craig era not every villain needs to want to start world war 3 with some tactical nuclear device in order to be scary. A good decent plot

3. Locations. Unlike the films the video games really can't have too many locations and the levels need to be interesting and explorable.

4. the ability to play hold em poker as bond in a mini game. I can't stress this enough I really can't

5. no emphasis on gadgets. Bond is the primary tool not a bunch of ridiculous gadgets (Qcopter in From russia with love the video game for example)

Now, I understand how much you hated Classic Bond.
    JamesBond wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    what I want is 5 things

Now, I understand how much you hated Classic Bond.
    I don't hate classic bond but EA went over board on the gadgets...

Prefer Bloodstone to any EA game
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Aw, C'mon, the gadgets aren't so bad at all. The Q-Worm, the Q-Spider, these things are great!
  • X3MSonicX wrote:
    Aw, C'mon, the gadgets aren't so bad at all. The Q-Worm, the Q-Spider, these things are great!

The gadgets is what the cinematic Bond is known of and none of any spy films before Bond, had such an idea. Bond has started convincing people that spies have items to help them, and that are the gadgets invented by genius scientists. Even the "xXx" series which are never come close to the Bond films, feature the main spy using gadgets, even if he's casual.

@Risico007

EA never went far, EA delievered the best Bond games: Agent Under Fire, NightFire and Everything or Nothing. EA did their best until EON, but they tired during the production on GERA, the title which is called a "Bond" game by stupid people, because it's actually not...

I want classic Bond back, the classic character, the classic era (timeline, just like Craig's era never happened), with Daniel Craig though, restarting his tenure as 007, again. We need something that sounds "BOND... JAMES BOND" and not some Jason Bourne-clones which are called "realistic". What is realistic in that rubbish film series (despite the first three books were very good, unlike the films)? You want a realistic story? Why don't you have a look at Harry Palmer series: The Ipcress File, Funeral In Berlin and Billion Dollar Brain?
    I think that everyone wants that but there are little chances of that kind of game actually happening.
    Plus like @QsAssistant said this year there will be SF game
  • Like I said before I'm dissapointed that we're getting a skyfall game instead of an original one.

And talking about gadgets and bloodstone, bloodstone did have gadgets, they just annoyingly crammed it all onto bonds mobile. Using gadgets in the EA games was fun, you had to actually think. Like on everything or nothing, when your trapped in the chair about to be drilled and you desperately try to think of a way out. I died alot of times before I remembered the exploding coins Q gave me.
    Blood Stone had gadgets? I don't even remember that, i guess i didn't even used no gadgets, lol
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Like I said before I'm dissapointed that we're getting a skyfall game instead of an original one.

The will be two games. A Skyfall game and an original one, if @JamesPage is correct and we've no reason to doubt him.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    Like I said before I'm dissapointed that we're getting a skyfall game instead of an original one.

The will be two games. A Skyfall game and an original one, if @JamesPage is correct and we've no reason to doubt him.

I'm hoping for this, but everybody on here seems to have forgotten about the original one
  • X3MSonicX wrote:
    Blood Stone had gadgets? I don't even remember that, i guess i didn't even used no gadgets, lol

they had one gadget, bonds smartphone. It was really annoying, having to do the stupid evidence scans and bug detection. Whatever happened to watch lazers n grapple hook phones???
    they had one gadget, bonds smartphone. It was really annoying, having to do the stupid evidence scans and bug detection. Whatever happened to watch lazers n grapple hook phones???

Ooh well.. i didn't even consider it as a gadget, I would if Q had presented it to Bond.
    Lasers and Grapple are very missed, really. Maybe they just gone untill Brosnan's era. Unfortunately.
    BUT, i hope it gets back on This next game.
    it made everything so simplistic and just NO. From Russia with love is a classic brilliant bond film the attache case is a brilliant amazing gadget the only game with cool gadgets was the original Goldeneye (come on the watch magnet was pretty sweet.)

EA had a million dumb bloody gadgets. The Q copter was the worst! controlling remote controlled anything pissed me of in grand theft auto vice city and having to do it in a bond game GOOD LORD!

Simple cool gadgets Like the smart phone in blood stone and the Watch in goldeneye I'm cool with but the point of EA NO just god no. this is bond not inspector gadget!
  • With all due respect, @Risico007, you are disgracing the most successful games of all. EA delievered the best Bond Games until NOV-2004, the spin-off game GERA, which was disgusting.
    But GERA was a good game, speaking of the gameplay. But the story wasn't soo good.
  • Risico007 wrote:
    it made everything so simplistic and just NO. From Russia with love is a classic brilliant bond film the attache case is a brilliant amazing gadget the only game with cool gadgets was the original Goldeneye (come on the watch magnet was pretty sweet.)

EA had a million dumb bloody gadgets. The Q copter was the worst! controlling remote controlled anything pissed me of in grand theft auto vice city and having to do it in a bond game GOOD LORD!

Simple cool gadgets Like the smart phone in blood stone and the Watch in goldeneye I'm cool with but the point of EA NO just god no. this is bond not inspector gadget!

the smart phone in bloodstone wasn't simple and cool, it was annoying. The only good thing about it was the map, apart from that it was pointless. Having the gadgets EA gave us made you feel like you were in a bond film, when you were in a sticky situation gadgets could help. The best example is the one I used before, in everything or nothing, when you're tied up and a massive drill is coming towards you. You desperately have to figure a way out, using your exploding coins at the last minute. The new bond games are lacking cool moments like these. QOS barely even had proper cut scenes.
    Can't delete a post? anyway read below lol
    YELARAKA wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    But GERA was a good game, speaking of the gameplay. But the story wasn't soo good.

I agree. The gameplay was awesome. For sure didn't feel like a bond game though other than the familiar names. Even so I enjoyed every minute of that game and the multiplayer was very good. I think it comes down to hardcore Bond fans just being butthurt that it wasn't a traditional bond game.
    I didn't like it because I've played much much much better scifi-shooters than GERA. And Bond isn't about science fiction. The game had too much bad scifi in it. Had it been more like Bond games, but with a rogue agent, I would've liked it more. Better yet if you would have actually fought against the good guys instead of other bad guys.

SharkBait wrote:
    I didn't like it because I've played much much much better scifi-shooters than GERA. And Bond isn't about science fiction. The game had too much bad scifi in it. Had it been more like Bond games, but with a rogue agent, I would've liked it more. Better yet if you would have actually fought against the good guys instead of other bad guys.

Yeah, what was up with all the sci-fi in GE:RA? I used to highly enjoy this game, but after a recent replay, I was extremely disappointed. First and foremost, NO BOND? How does that even work out in a BOND GAME?! Secondly, the whole villains on villains thing was cool, but when considering the entire Bond series, it doesn't fit and makes GE:RA feel like some sort of strange fantasy with bad gameplay and annoying control movement. Also, the levels took entirely too long to beat and there weren't enough of them.
    Also, it was very difficult Even in Easy. (Don't mind, i'm a noob yet)
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Also, it was very difficult Even in Easy. (Don't mind, i'm a noob yet)

I consider myself decent at most games, but that last Volcano mission was HARD. Same with EON's last mission
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 2,107
    And even if the game was short (so I've heard. I sold it away before even finishing it. I hated it that much) the levels were huge, and if I remember correctly, there was no savepoints. And yes, I also remember it being pretty difficult.

Oh yeah, and I watched a couple of videos from youtube (Let's Play Goldeneye Rogue Agent) and the music was horrible. Even by David Arnold's standards (and I don't mind his Bond music, even if he gets a lot slack). Totally un-Bondian techno music.
    EoN's last mission's easiest for me atm. At 00 Agent, with some practice, I can make the first section of the mission without taking any shot ;)