A video game for 50th Anniversary, what do you think of the opinion?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Ubisoft also make the assasins creed games , which are great for stealth and big action set pieces (and free running). So I wouldn't mind a bond game from them (voilition is my other choice)

And I know this is kind of off-topic, but is anyone else a bit pissed of that rockstar have delayed max payne another 2 months??? I was really looking forward to that.

That's what Rockstar does. They are the king of developers when it comes to delays and game secrecy. But, every time one of their games releases we get amazing quality stuff. I say release it when ready. I know I can count on Rockstar.
    What I would love would be Sean Connery as the game's Bond in a free roaming world, where you can choose which mission to take up next. Including the plots from each film would probably be too much, but having most, or smaller parts from each movie, would be awesome. Different gadgets for each new mission, completing different things in different ways affect how the next mission will play out.

Like Skyrim or Assassin's Creed, just with Bond. Ubisoft would be good with something that.
    why don't they give me the license?
    bondbat007 wrote:
    I'm not so keen on Ubisoft taking the license. They're more of a "I'll settle for it" than a "Yes, Please."

But who would really WANT the license these days?

Naughty Dog
    JamesBond wrote:
    why don't they give me the license?

Lets see biggest film franchise in history........ Use of Hollywood a-listers........... Film writers writing script...... Dunno!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    bondbat007 wrote:
    I'm not so keen on Ubisoft taking the license. They're more of a "I'll settle for it" than a "Yes, Please."

But who would really WANT the license these days?

Naughty Dog

As much as I'd love that, ND are a developer all about control. They are used to doing this in a very straight forward fashion led by their own ideas and plans. If they got the license I feel EON would yank the chain too much for their taste. And they always have another game lined up. So, no thanks, I'd rather have Uncharted 4 over a Bond game from ND any day.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 127
    Rockstar hands down if they don't make it a free roaming game. I hate games like that. They never come with online multiplayer!!
    How about a game that contains 24 levels -
    One level from each film chosen by Bond fans and the public ( bit like the new Royal Mail project).
    You start of as Connery in Dr No, then as Connery again on the train with Red Grant in from Russia, on to Goldfinger - escape from fort knox, Thunderball could be the underwater fight, you only live twice would be the volcano liar. OHMSS would be the tobogoon run, DAFE car chase round Vegas. LALD croc farm, MWTGG in the fun house, SWLM would be escaping Stromberg base, Moonraker space station, FYEO chasing Locke keeping up with the car. Octopussy - running through train, VTAK - eiffel tower, LD - Chello chase, LTK - Tanker chase, GE - chase of 006 on dish, TND - Escape Carver HQ, WINE - Find M in the castle, DAD - car chase on ice, CR - rescue Vesper, QOD - Opera house and lastly SF- to be confirmed
    You can play with all Bonds have cameos from previous characters in the series, use gadgets and gun.
    Maybe as all the Bond's will meet up this year maybe use the real voices for the characters.
    It would be a awesome game with a bit of extra areas added in like the games over the years the levels would be 3d and able to move freely.
    YELARAKA wrote:
    Rockstar hands down if they don't make it a free roaming game. I hate games like that. They never come with online multiplayer!!
    GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption, Batman Arkham City has challenges maps leaderboards for online players, and more. Multiplayer in open world games are good and in numbers.
    EA did care for the James Bond license when they made those following video games, trying to add something special in it, or feature it like special game:
    The World Is Not Enough on Nintendo 64
    007 Racing
    Agent Under Fire
    NightFire
    Everything or Nothing

But, for the other games such as Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough on PlayStation and From Russia With Love, they just released games that carried the '007' license and never did something special to outcome with.

As for Craptivsion, they just care about their Call of Duty franchise, a series of scumbag projects that no proper gamer would care of. They never delivered us a true James Bond video game. Even Rareware, who've done the proper and the only GoldenEye 007, they did something special in the game, and not just something, they made entirely a GAME!!! They are the one who rebooted the production of the 007 Gaming.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited January 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Sorry guys, but I'm not liking the way that you guys are trying to tell ideas where 007 games turns into a GTA World. Free Roam, chosse what mission next, character customization... That is not the idea, it WOULD BE GOOD if was ANOTHER agent but Bond.
    JamesBond wrote:
    As for Craptivsion,

Loved that name. lol
    Anyway, don't call Activision like that, because she make a lot of great games. Bond can not be the greatest, but look Blood Stone, look the great job they did on this one. You guys are only seeing Bond by QoS game itself.
    Except for Bond, there are CoD, Guitar Hero and many other games (which those i don't remember now) that are awesome.
    COD is the main problem, my friend. and BS sucked. sorry. but, this is the truth.
    JamesBond wrote:
    COD is the main problem, my friend. and BS sucked. sorry. but, this is the truth.

Blood stone gains 2 points for I dunno LETTING US DRIVE but loses 1 for only getting half a story.

(Actually is it just me or are games today shorter then ones 4 years ago..)
    EA done the driving elements better.

BS had the same damn disgusting QTE system that QoS, GE2010 and other COD games have.
    Virage wrote:
    JamesBond wrote:

Blood stone gains 2 points for I dunno LETTING US DRIVE but loses 1 for only getting half a story.

(Actually is it just me or are games today shorter then ones 4 years ago..)

Minus that point for the letting us drive. The developer did driving games, so the driving sections damn well had better been good.
    I'm already throwing money at my screen. Let's see what happens.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 401
    I can only think of two ways this could work:

Option 1: Have Rockstar Games do a Bond video game. Preferably OHMSS or Thunderball.
    Option 2: Have a Battlefield 3 spinoff with all the maps being the battles from the movies, such as OHMSS's Piz Gloria, YOLT's volcano, ect.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 612
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    I can only think of two ways this could work:

Option 1: Have Rockstar Games do a Bond video game. Preferably OHMSS or Thunderball.
    Option 2: Have a Battlefield 3 spinoff with all the maps being the battles from the movies, such as OHMSS's Piz Gloria, YOLT's volcano, ect.

Can I throw my money at you?

I'll put out an Option 3. Have NaughtyDog recreate OHMSS (modernized - they wouldn't muck it up), but have the second half of the game as a revenge section (original writing). And no messed up timeline like in QoS: The Game.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 127
    I like What Activision did with Goldeneye for both Wii and HD as far as Story Mode and Online Multiplayer. The problem was they aren't fixing any of the bugs for Online. And they allowed for a fricken Rocket Launcher for online MP. Single player Story mode was solid.
    I want a decent game. If it is skyfall the game I want a game like the original Goldeneye that tells the same story but adds a lot to it. (plus 3rd person with cover would be quite nice also the ability to go through the ducts ala goldeneye and Arkham city/asylum would also be much appreciated.)
  • Look, fellas. What done Activision till now, sucks. Because they're just making Call of Duty clones, and Blood Stone was just another COD-clone in Third-Person view instead of First-Person perspective. I'd suggest Gearbox or either Valve develop Bond Games for very long period of time.

But, my friends, this isn't about "who must make Bond Game" thread, it's about the "50th Anniversary" reference. Something very very special from the past or the present or something very extraordinary you want to see in a Bond Game made for 50th Anniversary celebration.
    I said this before. I would be very happy if for the Skyfall game instead of MI6 ops we got "classic ops" and was able to play through various classic scenes from older films. Then along with a good single player adaption of Skyfall, I think that is a very good and realistic way that Activision can celebrate the big 50.
  • Am I the only one dissapointed we got a skyfall game instead of an original plot. Now I'll have seen the film before I play the game, so I'll know whats coming and whats going to happen in the story, so I'll probably get bored quickly.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Am I the only one dissapointed we got a skyfall game instead of an original plot. Now I'll have seen the film before I play the game, so I'll know whats coming and whats going to happen in the story, so I'll probably get bored quickly.

Rumour has it we have two games coming this year, so all hope may not be lost for an original game.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Am I the only one dissapointed we got a skyfall game instead of an original plot. Now I'll have seen the film before I play the game, so I'll know whats coming and whats going to happen in the story, so I'll probably get bored quickly.

Rumour has it we have two games coming this year, so all hope may not be lost for an original game.

Hopes are the Skyfall tie in equally hopefully in 3rd person, and I am keeping my fingers crossed for the Raven game! [-O<
  • That was the greatest of the news and suggestions.
  • bond_azoozbondbond_azoozbond Portland,OR
    Samuel001 wrote:

Do you have a source of this rumor ??
    Samuel001 wrote:

Do you have a source of this rumor ??

James Page said so but that is all we got right now

2 games in one year? I would think that would be a huge failure. How bout they focus on one game and get it right. Considering Goldeneye Reloaded wasn't a splash hit 2 games splitting up the Bond following would lead to a dead online multiplayer.

@JamesBond...COD would be an awesome game if the focus was on gun vs gun battles and if they made it so camping wasn't such an easy and rewarding thing. Take out the kill streak rewards and poof COD would be awesome. The mechanics, graphics, maps, smoothness, etc.. are spot on.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 669
    YELARAKA wrote:
    2 games in one year? I would think that would be a huge failure. How bout they focus on one game and get it right. Considering Goldeneye Reloaded wasn't a splash hit 2 games splitting up the Bond following would lead to a dead online multiplayer.

@JamesBond...COD would be an awesome game if the focus was on gun vs gun battles and if they made it so camping wasn't such an easy and rewarding thing. Take out the kill streak rewards and poof COD would be awesome. The mechanics, graphics, maps, smoothness, etc.. are spot on.

COD has got everything what it takes to be a scumbag. rubbish mechanics, rubbish gameplay and no story.

Mod edit: Please watcch the launguage.