• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You have seen his Ctulhu tentacles in the Spectre PTS:
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    That's between me and Kananga.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    That's between me and Kananga.

=))
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I saw something interesting on a forum a while back. The original poster of a photo / video was allowed to show his/her photo or video embedded in the respective message like normal.

However, when that message was 'quoted' by another user on the thread for whatever reason, the quoted portion only showed either the 'link' to the respective photo / video, or a 'truncated' version of the message with the first photo displayed in a smaller way, without all the additional photos (sort of like how 'paid' news services like the Wall Street Journal or Financial Times only allow you to read a small portion of an article before you have to sign up to read it all). Therefore, for a viewer to see all the photos & text that the original poster had inserted, they had to go back up to the first time these were actually posted on the thread.

I think it's a 'setting' on the site and helped to save bandwidth.
  • I have a polite request- any time we post multiple links to pics at once (the 'Rare pics' thread and 'Bond fan Posters' for example) could we include a brief description of what it is?
    Otherwise the post just looks like a bunch of blue 'ajkdhsganhmgjegjhmqofhnsghsvlmkvgsgjglgearg' and is less likely to ever get viewed
    edited January 2016 Posts: 23,449
    Good remark @Master_Dahark.

It's easy enough. Simply use crl + L, paste the link in the box and type a short description over the highlighted section.

Like this:

minion
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Good idea indeed, @Master_Dahark. You get my vote for President. ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2016 Posts: 28,694

It's easy enough. Simply use crl + L, paste the link in the box and type a short description over the highlighted section.

Like this:

minion

Ooh, let me try this...

Best Bond ever

That is one cool trick, @DarthDimi! I've never known how to do that all my three years here, but the enlightenment has finally come!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

Like this:

minion

Ooh, let me try this...

Best Bond ever

But, of courshe he ish.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you didn't do it correctly, actually; your hyperlink takes me to a page of some dude in a suit smoking a cigarette, when in fact, it should be me.
    There must be some mistake here...the picture should show Timothy Dalton. :D
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 870
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you didn't do it correctly, actually; your hyperlink takes me to a page of some dude in a suit smoking a cigarette, when in fact, it should be me.
    It should be "chap" instead of a "dude", I believe. ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you didn't do it correctly, actually; your hyperlink takes me to a page of some dude in a suit smoking a cigarette, when in fact, it should be me Pierce Brosnan.

Fixed it for you. You're slipping, @Creasy47, you're slipping!
    You kiddin' me, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7?

@Creasy47 isn't slipping. You are, sir. It should read "Timothy Dalton". But I forgive you. Nobody's perfect. ;-)
    You kiddin' me, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7?

@Creasy47 isn't slipping. You are, sir. It should read "Timothy Dalton". But I forgive you. Nobody's perfect. ;-)

Precisely. L-)
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited January 2016 Posts: 1,727
    Ok then, I guess I am reduced to posting my own creations... that it should come to this #-o

new

imgur.com/gallery/PwFyqmp/new

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Here is an example of what I was referring to in my previous post about saving bandwidth. This is from an Omega forum (yes, I'm a watch nut). There is a post about 2/3 down the page on May 9th from fskywalker with a lot of photos. Then if you scroll down, you will see that post quoted and referred to by rwilner on May 12th.

Note how rwilner's post shows fskwalker's post but all the photos are smaller. I've seen on another forum where such 'quotes' of another member's post just show the photos as links and even truncate the text, so one must go back to the original post to see the photos in large size. I'm sure it's a setting which the webmaster can initiate.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/aqua-terra-2503-33-00-review-2500c-movement.17174/
    'Watch nut' for sure and for certain. I feel like a piker.
    @DarthDimi

I uploaded my pic before reading this post. I'd rather not have an avatar photo then. I read the how to guide but the layout of the pictures in the guide is very different. How do I remove my picture without posting a different one?
    @josiah, why don't you find a good image to use as an Avatar? It's so dull without one. ;-)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Feel free to use mine. Dargaud isn t as nazi as EON. I hope.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Ha ha.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I'm just wondering if EON's lawyers have such a draconian hold over the site that we really need this thread to sit there pinned to the top of the list for all eternity? I think we've all got the general idea by now.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    You can use the edit function on the right hand side to dismiss from the top if you wish @Wiz.
    I think it's funny how people naturally assume we have had any sort of talks with EON's lawyers...
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    That's what we'd expect you to say. ;) :D
    edited February 2016 Posts: 23,449
    Well the shotgun to my head is pretty persuasive.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I think it's funny how people naturally assume we have had any sort of talks with EON's lawyers...

Well presumably this whole thing stems from you not wanting to?

Anyway nice to see it dropping down the list. If you could just fix the Nikki thread so easily so it bumps I'll be happy man.
    edited February 2016 Posts: 17,729
    His_Master's_Voice.jpg

The Wizard Speaks. The community takes action.