Veteran members may recall that our forum used to try and steer clear of posting images which were directly taken from Bond related EON / MGM / UA / Sony property. This friendly request, issued by our admins and closely ‘policed’ by the mods, always ensured that our forum would stay out of trouble with the people behind the franchise we all love. As we’d remain on their good side, our main website – still the largest and most updated Bond related hot spot online – would furthermore continue to benefit from inside information, the latest news updates, high-profile interviews and a very positive attitude towards our wonderful MI6 Confidential magazine.
In recent times, however, we have more or less released our grip on this ‘rule’, mostly because we enjoy our members’ input and their often creative, informative and funny use of images taken from Bond films. Unfortunately, we must now bring this very permissive attitude to an end, which is never a pleasant thing to do so we hope you can all understand and respect our renewed terms concerning the use of Bond related images.
1) Please refrain from posting images, snapshots, stills… directly lifted from Bond films, DVD/BR/CD/book/game/… covers and so forth. You can, however, post links to those pics.
2) Please do not post the 007 logo if directly taken from the official EON / Danjac / … material, either available on the Internet or scanned from personal Bond related collections. Personal creations of the 007 logo aren’t a problem of course and neither are links to the 007 logo.
3) Please post links to YouTube or other media channels rather than the actual video itself. It’s a small effort and it saves post space.
4) Fan creations (fan-made posters, book covers, …) are of course allowed, even if they contain copyright material, because they will most likely be given enough of a personal touch to be perfectly acceptable. However, as a rule of thumb, bear it mind that the more the creation resembles the original material, the safer it is to simply post a link rather than the fan creation itself.
5) Selfies, photographs, … of Q&A’s, meetings with Bond celebs, your personal Bond collection, movie premieres, … aren’t a problem of course – in fact, please share them with us! – even if there’s official Bond material clearly visible in the background.
Friends, we don’t want to go hyper-strict on this thing; we merely politely ask not to blatantly post copyright material (from the world of Bond). Other film franchises can be drained at will. :D In the end, we’re doing this for the benefit of the website, the magazine and our beloved forum.
Thank you so much for your consideration.
The Mod Team