What next for Madeleine Swann

Comments

• ok I've reported you and your second account.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    ok I've reported you and your second account.
    We're not the same person you idiot and the mods clearly know that. We've been here for a long time. Either behave and follow the rules or I'll keep flagging you down until your gone. Got it?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :)) We must look alike
  • Lmao. They wouldn't ban me, not in cold blood.
    Every village needs an idiot, so nice to have you on board. =))
    :)) We must look alike
    I think you're right. =))
    wYSUJft.jpg?2
    :))
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    When everybody knows that I am the same person as @Thunderpussy
    isn't that obvious!
    I am Legion. ;)
  • bondjames wrote: »
    Oh, just ignore her in the next one. She is not memorable enough to be dwelled on imho. Average performance (certainly not bad) but not worthy of further mentions, except perhaps in passing.

I agree. She did the job of Bond girl nicely but I don't see much of a future to her. Bond clearly hasn't properly retired- how many times has Craig's Bond threatened to quit? It's just a nice light-hearted ending as opposed to the more downbeat ones of his previous films.

The next Bond film is maybe two or three years away so I don't think audiences will be wondering what happened to Madeleine. Perhaps a brief glimpse at the start of her walking out just to tie things off and then on to the next Bond girl.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    It all comes down to what Lea wants to do, she might have signed a deal to reprise the role but she might not and the luke warm reception this has received unless she's motivated by money I'm not sure an actress of her ability will want to return.
    Lukewarm?

It's the high point in her career. Of course she will return if asked. Who would not.
    Only because the RT and Imdb ratings are not in SF or CR territory the movie was a huge success nonetheless and very well received by the audience, otherwise it would not have made almost as much as SF.
    I found the passage in the novel FRWL that could easily be tweaked a bit and used in Bond 25 for Madeleine and to explain the end of their relationship:
    Well, sir, we did get on well. And there was some idea we might get married. But then she met some chap in the American Embassy. On the Military Attaché's staff. Marine Corp major. And I gather she's going to marry him. They've both gone back to the States, as a matter of fact. Probably better that way. Mixed marriages aren't often a success. I gather he's a nice enough fellow. Probably suits her better than living in London. She couldn't really settle down here. Fine girl, but she's a bit neurotic. We had too many rows. Probably my fault. Anyway it's over now.

The allusions to the US would need to be changed, but a lot of it fits Madeleine and could fit their relationship. It's also direct from Fleming, which is always a plus in my book.
  • RareJamesBondFanRareJamesBondFan Touch it. You can touch it if you want.
    What next for Madeleine Swann?

Answer: Who gives a good goddamn??

Might as well ask "What next for Gregory Beam" or "what next for Kincade" :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2016 Posts: 28,694
    What next for Madeleine Swann?

Answer: Who gives a good goddamn??

Might as well ask "What next for Gregory Beam" or "what next for Kincade" :))

Well, considering how the first man's CIA scheming came undone and the second watched the place he was gamekeeper of explode before his very eyes, I'd say "Standing in the unemployment line."
    As long as she is kidnapped twice again and tied up with red explosibe strings like a regressive primetime television Criminal Minds episode I am game for anything her to return. :)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Does it mean @Murdock, @Thunderpussy and @BondJasonBond006 are codenames?
    Basically Madeleine has had her time,so nothing happens next..we move on...you could say 'what next ? ' about every Bond girl .
    Oblivion.

And that's the way it should be. Why the hell do some expect a Bond girl to suddenly return??? That's just silly.

And no, Sylvia Trench is not an argument. Nor is Maud Adams.
    Because her and Bond are in love?
  • Wondering if anyone has made a 'kill her, she means nothing to me" joke on this thread.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wondering if anyone has made a 'kill her, she means nothing to me" joke on this thread.

I can say with extreme confidence that you're the first.
    On screen chemistry, you either have it or you don't. She and Craig didn't. Move on.
    I want Madeleine to return, butonly if she is kidnapped a few times and then killed. Thats all she's good for.
    If any Craig Bond girl was to return,which i dont believe in and dont advise to happen,would be Camille...
    I always wanted Camille to return too, but now they couldn't do it with any credibility, as Quantum has been all wrapped up. It'd make no sense now for a Bolivian agent to come back to help Bond. Out of her jurisdiction and all that. Plus, one of the many things I love about Camille is they didn't force a romantic angle on them, and instead went for a strong platonic friendship. I'd like to keep that as is.

The only way I see Camille being able to come back in a way that doesn't seem fishy is if SPECTRE launches attacks in Bolivia and Camille is recommended by Bond to help investigate. Beyond that, I don't see it happening at all.

Madeleine has been settled on here and, whether people like it or not, she will have a part in the next film to continue to develop an out of the game Bond. It's not going to be like the rest of the movies where Bond has sex with a woman at the end, then she disappears without recognition before the next film starts up. They're actually trying to do something new with the cinematic Bond and show him trying to settle down, through which they'll probably explore just how impossible it would be for a man like Bond to find peace or relaxation in a restrictive marital contract. He was born for a storm, and a calm does not suit him, as Andrew Jackson said of himself once.

One return I definitely want to see, however, is Felix. I love Wright and I think it's about time Bond and him teamed up in a big, big way to face a SPECTRE threat. If he wasn't back for Dan's last ride, I'd be very disappointed. Because we haven't seen old Felix since QoS, many years before SP, they could credibly give his character a higher position in the CIA that would allow him to work with Bond to face the threats of the movie. Felix could be shocked at how so many of the investigations he was overseeing as a CIA man in the past were linked to SPECTRE, a threat none of them saw, until Bond blew the lid off it all with Blofeld's capture. You could even have a scene where Felix himself confronts an imprisoned Blofeld to put a face to the evils he's unknowingly faced throughout the years.

Someway, somehow, we've got to get Wright's Felix into Bond 25.
    Kill her or have her dump Bond. Preferably the lattee choice.

Note to Bond " Sorry James, this isn't working. I left the chicken in the oven. Please don't come looking for me. Yours forever , M.S. Hugz n Kisses"
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Kill her or have her dump Bond. Preferably the lattee choice.

Note to Bond " Sorry James, this isn't working. I left the chicken in the oven. Please don't come looking for me. Yours forever , M.S. Hugz n Kisses"
    I love it I love it, the lattee choice is that they break up over coffee, she is tired of him giving his name as 007 at the local Starbucks. So embarrassing.
    Here's an idea. Perhaps, Her and Bond get attacked and an explosion causes her to lose her memory like Bond at the end of YOLT and perhaps Bond uses that as a means of sending her on her way, free of everything that came before as well as giving Bond a reason to go back to MI6.