What next for Madeleine Swann

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I think maybe a tint to her hair colour. :D
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    And it would be a bit predictable as Sydoux played a baddie in Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol.
  • gumboltgumbolt Now with in-office photocopier
    Someone has agreed with me on this at last! I think I might have Murdock stuffed and displayed. I mean that in a nice way of course, not in the unsporting macabre manner of Scaramanga.
  • gumboltgumbolt Now with in-office photocopier
    It does not need to be a surprise twist - but the audience being ahead of Bond would need to managed very carefully.
    I'll have a pizza and margarita before I take on Spectre myself. :))
    wDYQ5J3l.jpg
    @Birdleson, thanks. :D
  • RC7RC7
    Madeleine as a villain feels like another step into soap opera. This era has already had a Bond girl who was not all she seemed and they executed it perfectly IMO. There are other stories to tell.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    RC7 wrote: »
    Madeleine as a villain feels like another step into soap opera. This era has already had a Bond girl who was not all she seemed and they executed it perfectly IMO. There are other stories to tell.
    Agreed. If they do decide to have a female baddie for B25, I'd rather it be a pre-established villain role as opposed to a twist.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @Murdock

I tell you I soon will start doing such pic art as well :)) You are an inspiration!
    edited March 2016 Posts: 16,330
    @Murdock

I tell you I soon will start doing such pic art as well :)) You are an inspiration!

Thank you, @BondJasonBond006, I aim to please. :D
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited March 2016 Posts: 9,020
    If I had a say in doing the next Bond, Swann would not be in it.
    So Spectre should be her Swann Song. :)
    I don't see her leaving yet. She's the daughter of Mr. White and he returned two more times after CR.
    RC7 wrote: »

Exactly.

Having her turn out to be a villain would also undermine anything that was good about Spectre. That character, and the performance by Seydoux, was one of the few bright spots in that film. Having her turn out to be a villain would be yet another pointless, and damaging, retcon for the Craig era.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 489
    Nothing I hope. She was an unmemorable character. A lot of the stuff she said echoed what Vesper said in CR, a much more memorable and interesting character by comparison.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    The general public doesn't care about Madeline. She was a failed experiment. Bringing her back would be a mistake.
    :)) A Classic.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 489
    The general public doesn't care about Madeline. She was a failed experiment. Bringing her back would be a mistake.

Totally agree.

When she tells Bond she loves him during the torture sequence, the audience laughed out loud. That was outright silly.
    :)) A Classic.
    It's going to be my new trademark soon. :))

Oh you didn't like a Bond girl Booohooo. She's coming back. I love the entitlement of some fans. I hate this movie the next one should IGNORE it and pretend it didn't happen. Yeah...that's not how life works. ;)
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 14,822

Do you know something we don't know about the general public? Because I think that's a generalization.

Oh and I do remember a poll a few years ago saying the general public thought Christmas Jones was the best Bond girl ever. I even remember hearing a few colleagues saying that much. My point is, the general public is a fleeting and vague notion.
    I'm a big fan of the sweeping statements, I must start putting out statements on
    behalf of the public. :D
    I'm a big fan of the sweeping statements, I must start putting out statements on

Me too. :))

Typical Fan reaction.
    8ktlUe7.jpg

The general public wanted Brosnan to do 3-4 more Bond movies back in 2002, because he didn't age, apparently. The general public wanted Jude Law or Colin Farrell as Bond circa 2005. The general public wants to vote for a Bond actor the way they vote for the X Factor winner. My colleague thinks Christmas Jones is the best Bond girl ever because he finds Denise Richards oh so hot and he's far more representative of the general public than us Bond fans.The general public voted Renard as the best villain ever back in 1999 when TWINE was released.

But for the record, regardless of what the general public thinks or feels at any given time about Madeleine Swann, I do think she should be mentioned in Bond 25, the way Tiffany Case is mentioned at the beginning of the novel FRWL.
    Yep ! The public sure know best. ;) I'm only wishing the next time someone
    speaks for the public, they'd back it up with a few facts and statistics. Rather
    than assuming that because they think it, then it Must be what everyone else
    is thinking.
  • You mean like when Bond fans vote OHMSS the best bond film ever?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Oh, just ignore her in the next one. She is not memorable enough to be dwelled on imho. Average performance (certainly not bad) but not worthy of further mentions, except perhaps in passing.
    I.E. Everyone hated Pierce Brosnan as Bond.
    There that's a sweeping statement, That's the sort of thing I'm talking about
    I have nothing to back that up, but ... Etc. :)) long may they still be posted.
    I think she's got potential for good character growth. I'd love to see her again.
    How about tbe privates ? :))