The Last Jedi SPOILER THREAD

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I wouldn t mind
    Harrison Ford is confirmed for SW VIII. What the hell?

There's 2 possibilities:
    1. He's in a flashback and/or dream sequence.
    2. It's a ploy to avoid spoiling TFA.

• I agree Bain- there's no way in hell he lived.

Btw I went for my second viewing last night, this time I brought my dad, and sister with her husband and kids. After the movie was over my dad asked if Kylo Ren was played by 'that rock guy with the weird eyeball'. We were all like 'Wat' :-? And he added 'you know, the gothy guy from the 90's'

I go '.....Marilyn Manson?!?' :-O
    Yes he meant Marilyn Manson.....
    I guess I should be impressed that he even knew who that was, lol

Also, my 12 year old niece had spent the last week watching the old movies for the first time (and skipped the prequels. Good girl) and had become quite attached to Han Solo. After the movie was over I saw she was crying her eyes out! Poor kid, I know how you feel!
    The reaction from most fans:

I am thinking the former. Maybe he haunts his son, because he has a conscience after all. Or maybe it is a part of Snoke finishing his training, i.e. he appears as an apparition, much like Vader did when Yoda trained Luke.
    I agree Bain- there's no way in hell he lived.

Btw I went for my second viewing last night, this time I brought my dad, and sister with her husband and kids. After the movie was over my dad asked if Kylo Ren was played by 'that rock guy with the weird eyeball'. We were all like 'Wat' :-? And he added 'you know, the gothy guy from the 90's'

I go '.....Marilyn Manson?!?' :-O
    Yes he meant Marilyn Manson.....
    I guess I should be impressed that he even knew who that was, lol

Also, my 12 year old niece had spent the last week watching the old movies for the first time (and skipped the prequels. Good girl) and had become quite attached to Han Solo. After the movie was over I saw she was crying her eyes out! Poor kid, I know how you feel!
    @Master_Dahark, you´ve got a cool daddy, and now that he´s been mentioned, Adam Driver has certain facial contours that might resemble Marilyn Manson´s. If Kylo Ren had had shorter hair the ears would have given Driver away though ;-).

Yes, after studying Campbell it's hard not to notice the hero's journey in most films. It's literally everywhere and not everyone realizes they are watching the "same thing" so to speak that is.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I just got hit by a truck.
    I mean, I just saw TFA.
    Wait! IT'S THE SAME F***ING THING!!!

Gonna need a moment alone here boys.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    My favorite scenes of the movie were between Han and Finn.
    Han: "Did you just call me Solo?" and "That's not how the Force Works!" =))
    Ford deserves an Oscar.
    The writers deserve an Oscar or a firing squad- I haven't quite decided.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Even though TFA borrowed heavily from the original trilogy, it was wise enough to leave out Ewoks. I really think the people who are currently in charge of SW are smarter than to just emulate all the recognisable elements of the OT. TFA is more than merely a checklist film.

It borrows the plot of the very first movie, barely rewritten. That said I've enjoyed it a lot. If only because it disregards the prequels almost entirely.
    I'm not clear on whether I love or hate the film.... I need to see it a dozen more times to find out...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @chrisisall, the fact that you're contemplating seeing the film a dozen more times, tells me you're probably on the 'like' side. ;-)
    Murdock wrote: »
    My favorite scenes of the movie were between Han and Finn.
    Han: "Did you just call me Solo?" and "That's not how the Force Works!" =))

Some good scenes between Rey and Finn, too.

"Keep calm! Keep calm!"

"I am calm."

"I was talking to myself."
    @chrisisall, the fact that you're contemplating seeing the film a dozen more times, tells me you're probably on the 'like' side. ;-)
    Does Han get killed in the 3D version-?
    :-S
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I have no idea. 3D belongs in a theme park. Anyone wasting their money on 3D in the theatre has little love for or little understanding of the art of filmmaking.
    Best shot in the 3d version is a starship coming out of the screen.
    DC was the stormtrooper Rey Jedi Mind Tricked... the way Dan tossed the blaster away was so Bond-like. :))
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    His voice was instantly recognisable!!!!
    I liked TFA immensely, but Han's death is just so... disturbing. Makes me wanna see SPECTRE again asap to feel better....
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Best shot in the 3d version is a starship coming out of the screen.
    Agreed. Great shot using the medium effectively.
    I have no idea. 3D belongs in a theme park. Anyone wasting their money on 3D in the theatre has little love for or little understanding of the art of filmmaking.
    Quote of the year :-bd !
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    TFA has crossed over $1.5billion
    Adam Driver never watches his own films. He only ever did it once, and hated it. Wonder if he made an exception for SW?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Adam Driver never watches his own films. He only ever did it once, and hated it. Wonder if he made an exception for SW?
    I believe he did when he said that TFA was better than the prequels.

On another note. It will probably never happen but I'd love to see Hologram Fun World from the Expanded Universe Novels end up in a movie. It's basically a giant space amusement park that Lando Calrissian runs after losing Cloud City to Zorba the Hutt. (Jabba's Father.)
    latest?cb=20110528065217
    I'm still in a kind of shock over Han's demise...
    maxresdefault.jpg
    What i didn't like was that after the intial shock of Solo's death, it was just a case of, oh shit happens, and they all carried on as if nothing had bleedin happened.

I'am not surprised, coz when he took his helmet off, i thought wtf!

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I'm ok with how they handled Solo's death. They didn't linger on it but moved on.

For the younger gen, it's probably not a big deal anyway, but for us folk who love him from the OT, we've got Luke's big reveal at the end to keep us happy.

I would have been more disappointed if they had made a big deal out of it, like in Star Trek 2 - The Wrath of Khan, because it could have spoiled the mood, which was pretty upbeat & uplifting throughout here.