tumblr_lgfrb3YQkI1qfut6go1_500.jpg
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Murdock wrote: »

OMG you're the best !! ^:)^
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    bondjames wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    At least with Disney we wouldn't have a three or four year gap between movies anymore. We'd get them every two years, like clockwork. Of course, I'm only talking quantity, not quality...

I don't know if would be a good or a bad thing. Not sure how the dynamics would work between EoN and Disney.

Could be released through the Touchstone distribution label.
    People seem to be writing off Disney as having only one ambition, namely world domination.

World domination; the same old dream. ;)

As if Sony is any different.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

I owe my life to Justin Bieber's music. After a car-crash, I was in a coma for 8 months. Then one day, the nurse turned the radio on and one of his songs was playing. I immediately woke up, got out of bed, and turned the radio off. =))
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,116

I owe my life to Justin Bieber's music. After a car-crash, I was in a coma for 8 months. Then one day, the nurse turned the radio on and one of his songs was playing. I immediately woke up, got out of bed, and turned the radio off. =))

:)) :)) ..you're story is inspiring. You could've flatlined man!!!!!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

I'm glad to hear about your recovery. Good thing there weren't any open windows in that hospital otherwise there might have been another accident.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I think Disney is possibly being underestimated; if it were to acquire Bond they know what they're getting. If the deal would include the Russo Brothers it would be tempting.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    We could use the Russo Brothers without Disney's involvement. They haven't devoted their lives to Disney, have they?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    We could use the Russo Brothers without Disney's involvement. They haven't devoted their lives to Disney, have they?

This is true; I may be just be making an assumption based on the high profile association with the Captain America films.

talos7 wrote: »
    This is true; I may be just be making an assumption based on the high profile association with the Captain America films.
    I'm yet to see Civil War. But, I've got to tell you... Here's what I think would happen with Disney. Firstly, I do believe they will deliver us a magnificent Bond film when they takeover, and they definitely will wet our appetites with brilliant handling and marketing campaign. BUT....
    There lies the problem

... BUT... It will not come without a cost. Something probably might be done to it that will anger the fans in time. That's inevitable. And when the Bond series steps into their territory, there's no coming back, no way out. Whatever Disney holds, Disney keeps. Forever. That's why I have no desire of having them around slowly deconstructing the Bond I loved as a kid and championed a hero throughout my life.

On another topic, Scarlett Johansson's "Trust In Me" from The Jungle Book is exceptionally Bondian, for crying out loud. Others are doing everything Bondian, while Eon Productions is strafing away from the formula and bring in the likes of Madonna, Jack White and Sam Smith to do a song that is in no way associated with the image of Bond.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,116
    No one I believe is selling Bond. Maybe if Disney bought MGM.

SP made Bond too expensive to create too much of a rush apparently to grab and go. Hence MGM not messing with Bond but every 4 or 5 years.

That distribution deal with Sony seems kinda hardly worth it. MGM gets a "lion share" of the take compared to the dork studio that distributed the thing.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yep which is why it's worrying that Sony could still be a distributor as they're willing to drop their pants for paltry pennies plus they more than any other studio need Bond given their desperate situation.

As for possible directors, writers and bts talent, EoN need to do away with their garbage tradition and start thinking smartly. All this British/Common Wealth directors only rubbish was cute once upon a time but now it's just sad, outdated and hindrance. Look at the Russo's track record before the winter soldier, EoN need to get up off their arses and start doing some vision vetting from anyone in the business and keep these movies moving successfully forward.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Yep which is why it's worrying that Sony could still be a distributor as they're willing to drop their pants for paltry pennies plus they more than any other studio need Bond given their desperate situation.

As for possible directors, writers and bts talent, EoN need to do away with their garbage tradition and start thinking smartly. All this British/Common Wealth directors only rubbish was cute once upon a time but now it's just sad, outdated and hindrance. Look at the Russo's track record before the winter soldier, EoN need to get up off their arses and start doing some vision vetting from anyone in the business and keep these movies moving successfully forward.

Agreed. At least get in touch with the fans.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

I can honestly say I've never heard of these Russos so a quick google reveals their staggeringly bad CV:

2002 - Welcome to Collinwood
    2006 - You, Me and Dupree
    2014 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    2014 - A Merry Friggin' Christmas
    2016 - Captain America: Civil War
    2018 - Avengers: Infinity War – Part I
    2019 - Avengers: Infinity War – Part II

Jesus Christ.

I know the endless Marvel film sausage factory is the best thing in the history of mankind but a bit of respect is due towards 'British/Commonwealth' directors like Young, Hamilton, Hunt, Gilbert, Campbell and even Glen and Mendes if this is what youre holding up as the gold standard of a CV that puts you in the frame for Bond. Obviously Tamahori the exception that proves the rule.

Thankfully I have enough faith in EON that they wont touch these two - apart from anything else they are tied to Marvel for the forseeable future and by 2020 will be charging way too much money

I can honestly say I've never heard of these Russos so a quick google reveals their staggeringly bad CV:

Jesus Christ.

I know the endless Marvel film sausage factory is the best thing in the history of mankind but a bit of respect is due towards 'British/Commonwealth' directors like Young, Hamilton, Hunt, Gilbert, Campbell and even Glen and Mendes if this is what youre holding up as the gold standard of a CV that puts you in the frame for Bond. Obviously Tamahori the exception that proves the rule.

Thankfully I have enough faith in EON that they wont touch these two - apart from anything else they are tied to Marvel for the forseeable future and by 2020 will be charging way too much money

Agree with this ...I don't know the Russos either. I haven't seen the Marvel films ...not really my thing.

But what I did agree with was the frustration felt by some right now.

Jesus Christ.

Did you actually read my post? My point wasn't to disregard the good directors we had but moving forward it's madness for EoN to limit themselves with talent coming from only one place. I brought up the Russo's because their body of work prior to the winter soldier was hardly anything stellar but what they were always good at as directors was the prowess of their technical abilities. Anyway, they had a vision for the winter soldier and civil war and they more than delivered critically and financially (on going in Civil war's case). Had Disney/Marvel told them to get on their bikes based on the reception of their previous body of work, things would be a different story over there. So no, this isn't about disrespecting anyone but EoN having the good sense to to seek out talent from where ever possible to get the job done. Look at Campbell his body if work isn't impressive at all outside of GE and CR. How many Campbells are out there who don't fall under the silly umbrella rule of Btitish/Commonwealth directors? EoN need to find out.

All I ever hear from Bond fans and I'm guilty of this too is how great things were 40+ years ago. It's simple, either evolve or die out. Clinging on to past glories and a heritage isn't going to drive things forward. This isnt 1964 anymore the landscape is different, irresoective of genre. As far as I'm concerned the last great Bond film was 10 years ago...a whole decade ago! How sad is that? Since that time, EoN's had nothing but time; but in their confusion and mismanagement to make a complete excellent film, they've squandered their preproduction process (scripting) and left us with the only memorable thing they've managed to achieve in the last 10 years; 2 Oscar winning theme songs.

If Disney can turn SW into a teeny film why should they not be willing to do the same to Bond??

Sorry, but I have to say I take issue with this comment. What, exactly, is “teeny” about The Force Awakens? I assume you are referring to its young cast? Such as the (then) 22 year old Daisy Ridley, 22 year old John Boyega, and 37 year old Oscar Isaac? As opposed to the (then) 24 year old Mark Hamill, 19 year old Carrie Fisher, and 33 year old Harrison Ford who starred in the original trilogy? Not to mention the completely-aimed-at-little-kids prequel trilogy, which was around for more than a decade before Disney was ever involved.
    If Disney can turn SW into a teeny film why should they not be willing to do the same to Bond??

Sorry, but I have to say I take issue with this comment. What, exactly, is “teeny” about The Force Awakens? I assume you are referring to its young cast? Such as the (then) 22 year old Daisy Ridley, 22 year old John Boyega, and 37 year old Oscar Isaac? As opposed to the (then) 24 year old Mark Hamill, 19 year old Carrie Fisher, and 33 year old Harrison Ford who starred in the original trilogy? Not to mention the completely-aimed-at-little-kids prequel trilogy, which was around for more than a decade before Disney was ever involved.

Ep I is for kids, II and III certainly not!
    TFA depicts Finn and Rey like high school kids and they act that way.
    Character development in the original SW is so much better and Luke and Leia didn't act like high school kids.

At least Darth Maul was intimidating and felt dangerous, Kylo is a psychotic kid who can't even fight properly.

Poe is the best character in TFA by far (from the new cast), sadly criminally underused.

Character development in the original SW is so much better and Luke and Leia didn't act like high school kids.

At least Darth Maul was intimidating and felt dangerous, Kylo is a psychotic kid who can't even fight properly.

Poe is the best character in TFA by far (from the new cast), sadly criminally underused.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here, sir! Luke and Leia have always felt like kids to me, which is (I imagine) partly why I could relate to them both so much more when I was a kid than I could with Han. Luke is actually quite the whiny little crybaby, actually, and acts like a high school kid through all of Episode IV and most of V. Anyway, I'm not trying to start an argument. I am just saying that, IMO, TFA is not any more "teeny" than the OT.

Acting in that thing was just horrible. I really don't remember too much but which one was Poe?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    how-exactly-did-poe-dameron-escape-jakku-alive-in-star-wars-episode-7-the-force-awakens-781997.jpg

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here, sir! Luke and Leia have always felt like kids to me, which is (I imagine) partly why I could relate to them both so much more when I was a kid than I could with Han. Luke is actually quite the whiny little crybaby, actually, and acts like a high school kid through all of Episode IV and most of V. Anyway, I'm not trying to start an argument. I am just saying that, IMO, TFA is not any more "teeny" than the OT.

Yes of course, we don't have to agree :)
    I really was disappointed with TFA. There are things I liked, BB-8 and Poe and JJAbrams directional work.
    God, please no! They've already made a hash of the STAR WARS franchise so far.
    DRush76 wrote: »
    Voila!
    Well, it's unavoidable, @Birdleson. Because both are film franchises. It doesn't matter what kind of genre do they come from, it's the box office ticks.
    And EoN's quest to compete with the billion dollar boys. Today, films like FRWL will just about do $600 million, which is still great assuming EoN don't slap it with a budget of $250 mill.
  • RC7RC7
    Still yet to hear a valid reason for why Disney would want Bond.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited June 2016 Posts: 7,854
    RC7 wrote: »
    Still yet to hear a valid reason for why Disney would want Bond.

It's not a matter of why they would want Bond, because Bond is a big seller that would rake in cash. It's a matter of should they have Bond. And if they end up getting it, will they do it justice.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Good point @Agent007391. I think the only reason why Disney would want Bond is to really stick it to other studios as a, "welp, just because". It would be a case of shameless grandstanding. Disney doesn't need it at all. It'll almost come off as an insult. They can afford to agree with whatever terms EoN present akin to the Sony deal and Disney won't batter an eyelid. The financials aren't of significant consequence to them seeing as Disney on average are making around $6.5 Billion annually by way of theatrical runs alone, nevermind ancillaries and merchandise. The only thing of consequence would be Disney's reputation and I doubt they'd want to sully it with screwing up Bond which are still major event movies.

Could Disney do a good job with Bond? Actually they could do a great job with Bond but SHOULD they be the distributors? No. Give it to a studio who needs it and can do the job but who also have enough and ardent reasons to do so.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    DRush76 wrote: »

And it seems they're going to do the same with Indiana Jones.