What is your favourite/least favourite Pre-Title-Sequence?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    He is Bond after all, look how far he fell in SF, and survived. :))
    If Bond had been shot in one shoulder in SF, then the injury shows up on the other shoulder, same thing. Completely inconsistent.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited November 2014 Posts: 5,080
    If Bond had been shot in one shoulder in SF, then the injury shows up on the other shoulder, same thing. Completely inconsistent.

As pointed out by @chrisisall, there is a strong possibility of there being no continuity error.

But I must admit, Bond falling from the bridge in SKYFALL was pretty ludicrous.
    In fact, I retract my above comment.

There is no continuity error whatsoever, thus this discussion is fruitless.
    It certainly is, despite the obvious.
    It certainly is, despite the obvious.

Forgive me, what are you referring to here?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited November 2014 Posts: 17,691
    Yeah, I just watched it in slo-mo, he's definitely in pain(face) with the left arm.
    :))
    And I *just* realized what Q meant by "not finished"- the boat was supposed to have an enclosed wind/submersible screen... what a dope I am, I never even thought about that before. :\">
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Yeah, I just watched it in slo-mo, he's definitely in pain(face) with the left arm.

Ah, all this talk gives me a good excuse to slip the TWINE Blu-Ray on!
    And I *just* realized what Q meant by "not finished"- the boat was supposed to have an enclosed wind/submersible screen... what a dope I am, I never even thought about that before. :\">

And ahh yes, the wind screen that's not there EVEN THOUGH THERE IS A POV of the windscreen in the sequence…Eesh, the lackadaisical way this movie was made surprises me still.

Before you derail yet another thread, @doubleohdad, I suggest you move this somewhere else, perhaps a TWINE related thread.
    And ahh yes, the wind screen that's not there EVEN THOUGH THERE IS A POV of the windscreen in the sequence
    I saw none just now. And I'm not gonna watch it again to confirm another error on your part. Just say you hate it and be done with it, please?

…after falling twenty feet and landing ON HIS SHOULDER, lol.

Some of the rationalization here astounds me. It's just a Bond film. They can be fallible, right? So what if it was an error on the filmmaker's part? They could have shot the underground stuff first and not bothered to double-check when they shot the exterior stuff, or vice-versa.

DAF had that infamous mistake with the car coin sideways one way, and out of the alley the other way. In the end, it's not that big of a deal.
    And ahh yes, the wind screen that's not there EVEN THOUGH THERE IS A POV of the windscreen in the sequence
    I saw none just now. And I'm not gonna watch it again to confirm another error on your part. Just say you hate it and be done with it, please?

(Shrug) Analyzing, not hating. Stating that very clearly, because there is a difference.

It happens when the boat is on land. There's a POV of a windshield smothered by stuff when the boat does not have a windshield. It's just bad filmmaking. THere's cool stuff in the film, but good is good and bad is bad.

Like this film second after GE in the Broz era, just thinking critically here.

Critical thinking, not cheerleading.

The errors are in the film, whether they want to be seen or not.
    Before you derail yet another thread, @doubleohdad, I suggest you move this somewhere else, perhaps a TWINE related thread.

Well this does relate completely to the Pre-title sequence, sir.

In the end, it's not that big of a deal.

Says the guy who earlier posted a comment in which you disregarded an entire PTS because of something you thought was a continuity error later in the film.

And regarding the windscreen: in England, we have a saying- you're speaking out of your *rse. I have just finished watching the PTS, and there is never a scene with a windscreen on the Q boat.
    Some of the rationalization here astounds me.
    Dude, we are discussing movies with a heavy dose of the absurd inherent here. If I can jump out of a second story window 2 X & come away unscathed in real life, I *THINK* I can buy a fictional character like Bond falling just a bit farther & hitting a semi-flexible dome at an angle & not die or anything.

Anyway, the TWINE PTS is definitely one of my faves. My boy Pierce did have all great PTS's, didn't he?

Well this does relate completely to the Pre-title sequence, sir.

This seems to be going down the route of Bond film mistakes and more nitpicking of the Brosnan era. This thread asks for your favourite, and least favourite, PTS.
    Some of the rationalization here astounds me.
    Dude, we are discussing movies with a heavy dose of the absurd inherent here. If I can jump out of a second story window 2 X & come away unscathed in real life, I *THINK* I can buy a fictional character like Bond falling just a bit farther & hitting a semi-flexible dome at an angle & not die or anything.

Anyway, the TWINE PTS is definitely one of my faves. My boy Pierce did have all great PTS's, didn't he?

Loved the Bilbao stuff. Fun and enjoyable. The Themes stuff looked like it's tonally another film, full of jokey stuff.

It's okay, but prefer the Bilbao stuff, and the opening to TND more, honestly.

THe DAD PTS is pretty cool the beginning of a fun first act, then the story goes to England and just completely falls apart.

Says the guy who earlier posted a comment in which you disregarded an entire PTS because of something you thought was a continuity error later in the film.

And regarding the windscreen: in England, we have a saying- you're speaking out of your *rse. I have just finished watching the PTS, and there is never a scene with a windscreen on the Q boat.

(shrug) It's there, and I did not need to insult you to respond to you.

(shrug) It's there, and I did not need to insult you to respond to you.

No, it's NOT!

And thats not an insult on this side of the pond. Trust me, I can think of more colourful language in which to respond!
    I've actually seen the Doug Riddle Q Boat in person! No bloody windscreen there, either!
    edited November 2014 Posts: 17,691
    I've actually seen the Doug Riddle Q Boat in person! No bloody windscreen there, either!
    Am I right though? Is that the unfinished part Q mentioned?
    Am I right though? Is that the unfinished pat Q mentioned?

It must be! Unless Q had not finished installing something important for his "retirement fishing"?!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2014 Posts: 23,883
    Favorites for me are TSWLM & GE (pre-CGI bits because the opening jump & 006/Ouromov make up for it IMO). Both are just so damn cool. "But James, I need you! ... So does England" & "For England James" just get me every time. OP, MR & TND are up there too (love Bond & planes...)

Worst are TMWTGG & TWINE (this movie just grates on too many levels including the PTS for me)
  • Favorites: GF, TB, OHMSS, TLD, LTK, GE, TND, TWINE, CR (and MR, if only because of the incredible free-falling footage)

Least favorites: DAF, L&LD, TMWTGG
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The pre-title sequence. Best one for me must be Tomorrow Never Dies. I don't know that film is just so special to me. The least favourite one, I've got to say, is Live And Let Die.
    Favourites - TSWLM, TLD, LTK, TND
    least favourite -LALD, TMWTGG,
    Favourite : GF, TB, OHMSS, TMWGG, TSWLM, CR '06

Less favourites : YOLT, AVTAK (California Girls killed it for me), QOS (A I said before, I like to know what's going on in an action scene on the first try, not after a dozen visions of the scene).
    Favourite: CR
    Least favourite: LALD
    My big issue with TWINE is that he falls on his right shoulder, but his left shoulder is injured for the rest of the picture.

What?!?! I never noticed that!