Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

I was getting a bit of YKMN for some reason.
    Maybe I'm crazy, but does any one hear any similarities to Crow's TND?

No, the only thing they have in common is that they both have slower tempos. Other than that, they both have a somewhat melancholy tone I suppose, but that's about it.

Got some news: It sound like almost every previous Bond song, but sung different.. ;) :) It follows the classic Bond chord progression, with a little melody.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited October 2012 Posts: 858
    1:07 and counting.

I've been up cince 6:00 this morning and I've got a test tomorrow, but Global Bond Day, starting with a new title song, is not something I see happening anytime soon again ;)
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 816
    Quick question: I'm entertaining the notion of staying up another hour to wait for the full SkyFall theme song, while I really should go to sleep (early rise tomorrow), but is it released universally in an hour, or just for the UK.
    What I mean is: can anybody listen to it, or is it going to be restricted to UK users, because I believe I read something like that, that the rest of the world wouldn't get it til 7:07. And I don't wanna stay up that extra hour for nothing
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 824
    I have no problem with Adele but what a poor song. I dislike the longer version more than the short one. This song has to be one of the dullest of the series. Completely uninspired, tedious and bland. It will probably get them their number one hit and encourage millions of Adele fans to see the film and think of all that radio play. However, all that doesn't make it a good song for me. There's more to a good Bond song than a few bars of the James Bond Theme beefing up a weak watery melody. One of the worst of the series and a disappointing effort for the 50th anniversary.
    It definitely lacks some oomph. I don't like her lazy estuary enunciation either. But not a total catastrophe by any means.
  • Quick question: I'm humouring the notion of staying up another hour to wait for the full SkyFall theme song, while I really should go to sleep (early rise tomorrow), but is it released universally in an hour, or just for the UK.
    What I mean is: can anybody listen to it, or is it going to be restricted to UK users, because I believe I read something like that, that the rest of the world wouldn't get it til 7:07. And I don't wanna stay up that extra hour for nothing

I'm wondering as well if it will be restricted to UK. I hope not.
    I'm wondering as well if it will be restricted to UK. I hope not.

It won't be restricted to the UK.
    Quick question: I'm humouring the notion of staying up another hour to wait for the full SkyFall theme song, while I really should go to sleep (early rise tomorrow), but is it released universally in an hour, or just for the UK.

If youre from the US, 7:07 is the same time as 0:07 so I should think that we all get it at the same time (I presume). You'll find out in less than an hour anyway! My question is when we're getting a CD single?
  • The end of October.
  • If I'm honest, the theme for me is secondary to the soundtrack. After Shawshank Redemption, American Beauty, Road to Perdition, Meet Joe Black and then the likes of Wall-e then Nemo, I have major high hopes. The only thing that makes me nervous is that the shooting schedule for Bond is intense and also quick. I can remember David Arnold lamenting the brake neck speed that the scores are done at because of the pre announced finite release dates. I think the title song is nice, sure it's no Surrender but I get that the bleakness is echoing the tone of the film.

As I said before get me some soundtrack samples then ill happily foam at the mouth!
  • Incidentally I went to the TWINE premier at Leicester Square and Garbage, the band, were lovely to the fans and signed CDs etc...they were only slightly upstaged by Robbie Coltrane who told a series of smutty jokes to me at the Odeon bar. Also to those being overly critical of Adele, at least she can belt out a tune. Poor old Nancy Sinatra couldn't physically get to the high notes of YOLT hence her never singing it in public following the films release. Barry did a vintage style auto tune to get the sound he wanted. My feeling is the publics appetite for Adele will send this top 10 maybe even to the top spot.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    32 more minutes and counting
    I really do have to keep myself from hooking my laptop up to the surround sound system at 7 past one in the morning :D
  • I think I was the first to notice days ago that the countdown clock on Adele's website was going to 0:07 Friday local time (I'm in U.S. CDT) instead of 0:07 Friday BST, but it's working correctly now; under 27 minutes to go. :)>-

The iTunes date confusion came from reports from Australia; the U.S. preorder is still showing tomorrow, presumably no earlier than midnight EDT. The delay to Saturday is probably to assure they don't jump the gun on the official streaming release.
  • And just in case you don't trust iTunes, it's listed at Amazon MP3 (U.S.) as well. They don't take preorders, but it does list October 5 as the release date; I assume it'll be available there by morning.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    ah I miss the days in radio when a label rep would personally take a CD single right to your station.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 31
    =bg= wrote:
    ah I miss the days in radio when a label rep would personally take a CD single right to your station.

Back then the label reps here in the States would have waited weeks after its UK premiere before they even had the CD singles to take to the stations. Not anymore. ;)
    Here it comes... suprisingly quiet here for a kind-off big thing.
    Double-oh-seven minutes and counting!
    I mean, I had the Arista rep fedex me the new Whitney to my house, and I'd drive down and put it on.
  • It's after midnight BST. I wonder if iTunes UK preorders will jump the gun by a few minutes?
    =bg= wrote:
    I mean, I had the Arista rep fedex me the new Whitney to my house, and I'd drive down and put it on.

But the new Whitney didn't have to cross the pond just to get to the Arista rep. ;)
  • Not a whole lotta riff raff going on! C'mon people! I'm excited!
    Can someone turn the downloaded iTunes .m4a file into an .mp3 file for me??
    I've downloaded it on iTunes, but still waiting for 0:07.
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    edited October 2012 Posts: 108
    Everybody is on F5 at Adele.tv. Don't expect to have a proper conversation here as everyone awake is excited from head to toes.

Edit:

Wooo, under a minute left!
    Yeah I can do that need email addy
  • 007 seconds...
  • First impression after hearing the full version:

although it has a catchy melody, the song seems uninspired and repetetive in a boring way. Adele certainly has more vocal talent than this tune presents. It´s just not Bond with a capital B. Maybe my opinion will change when I see it on the screen
    iTunes download fail.
    "this item is not available."