Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I just spoke to someone at the Royal Albert Hall and they "accidentally" let slip that Adele will be performing SF live at the premiere.
  • I was going to wait until the official release to hear more but I couldn't resist. It a great song. Wasn't too sure at first about the backing chorus that kicks in but after a few listens I have warmed to that. Will listen to the full version later as I was really getting into it when it cut off...
    doubleoego wrote:
    I just spoke to someone at the Royal Albert Hall and they "accidentally" let slip that Adele will be performing SF live at the premiere.

You're kidding no?? That'll be tough...but bloody awesome :-D. Has never been done before if I can recall. But I have always wondered if this could actually be done for real.

• I was going to wait until the official release to hear more but I couldn't resist. It a great song. Wasn't too sure at first about the backing chorus that kicks in but after a few listens I have warmed to that. Will listen to the full version later as I was really getting into it when it cut off...

I was the same as you. The backing chorus had me not sure. But then i likened to it. I think it makes it feel more epic actually. When that kicked in, i got goosebumps lol.

• edited October 2012 Posts: 624
    Itunes still says the 5th in the U.S. I wouldn't worry, BG.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    doubleoego wrote:

You're kidding no?? That'll be tough...but bloody awesome :-D. Has never been done before if I can recall. But I have always wondered if this could actually be done for real.

What a coup for EON and everyone involved. The song must be that good then.
    doubleoego wrote:

Well there will be some very lucky people there then! Not just the cast and the movie? But the song being performed live too! Consider me VERY jealous! ~X(
    doubleoego wrote:

That would be awesome but hey, I just thought I'd share what I was told. Communication these days from people who should know certain things is questionable at best lately; an example being the whole omega fiasco. But here's hoping it really will go ahead and the reason why? Turns out someone close to me got me a ticket for the premiere! I'm going!!!! Restricted viewing block x though.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 11,425
    Just listened to the radio edit. It's okay.Neither very good nor very bad. Serviceable I'd call it.

I like the way it tells a bit of a story, like the old songs.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I'm gonna wait.
    doubleoego wrote:

@MrEon dropped me a hint about this in a message weeks ago and I was too stupid to figure it out. It makes sense now, cheers.
  • I must admit, the song is growing on me after about 10-15 listens. Maybe it's the Bond theme overtones or something. That always gets me going.

• edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    its the song supposed to be 4 mins long. there is quite a bit cutt of on that radio edition then.

Haa the radio one has been taken off. No suprise.
  • its the song supposed to be 4 mins long. there is quite a bit cutt of on that radio edition then.

Yep, already gone when I checked for it.

I'm gonna wait.
    doubleoego wrote:

@MrEon dropped me a hint about this in a message weeks ago and I was too stupid to figure it out. It makes sense now, cheers.

NO probz. In fact, the reason why she let it slip was because I was asking about restricted viewing seats and possibly needing a telescope but she said the screen is big enough and that with restricted viewing you just might not be able to see some of the musicians that will be part of Adele's orchestra.

*mind was blown*
    its the song supposed to be 4 mins long. there is quite a bit cutt of on that radio edition then.

Yep, already gone when I checked for it.

I have the mp3 now. It is indeed cut at the start and the end. But the entire full-blown climax is actually on it. Just send me a PM.
    doubleoego wrote:
    I'm gonna wait.
    doubleoego wrote:

NO probz. In fact, the reason why she let it slip was because I was asking about restricted viewing seats and possibly needing a telescope but she said the screen is big enough and that with restricted viewing you just might not be able to see some of the musicians that will be part of Adele's orchestra.

*mind was blown*

Yeah right :-P.
    I kid you not.
  • Ok I caved in and tried to listen, but I think it's gone. Anyone else having this problem?
    doubleoego wrote:
    I'm gonna wait.
    doubleoego wrote:

*mind was blown*

:))
    It's gone but never fear, the real version is coming in just over three hours. So be patient. Not long left.
    I am sure i will hear it on the radio at work early tomorrow morning! Will listen to it tomorrow afternoon properly once i have returned home.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    I think I'm the only one here who's still watching the countdown. Everyone else either listened to the radio recording or is waiting for the movie ;)
  • I didn't close down the link the last time i listened to it and when i reopened it the song is still there...
    Samuel001 wrote:
    It's gone but never fear, the real version is coming in just over three hours. So be patient. Not long left.

If you close the link it will be taken down. However keep the window open and you're able to play the song as many times as you like.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Itunes still says the 5th in the U.S. I wouldn't worry, BG.

Oh come on, so we in Europe has to wait? Sure, i can listen on her website. But i would love to take it with me in my phone to!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    MartinBond wrote:
    I think I'm the only one here who's still watching the countdown. Everyone else either listened to the radio recording or is waiting for the movie ;)

By the time I caved in and decided to listen it was too late, so I'm back to the countdown.

I thought about waiting for the film but it'll be on the radio anyway so I'll hear it at some point before then.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Dutch iTunes also just clicked to 10-06-12 :-?
    By the time I caved in and decided to listen it was too late, so I'm back to the countdown.

Be strong, only 2:07 remaining ;) I'm studying to let the time pass, figured I might as well spend it doing something usefull
    Still the radio edit though. I can wait three more hours.
  • Samuel001 wrote:

How is it showing just over 3 hours for you? It's showing 9 hours for me. :-/
    I'm in the UK and it's just gone 9pm, so three hours left.