Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    It's not the best quality, I think it was recorded while it was being broadcasted which might explain the many problems with the sound but I like it.
  • Hahaha there is a Skyfallllllllllll at the end. Followed by a ohohohohoh.
  • is anyone still waiting till 0:07 ?
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    OwenDavian wrote:
    Hahaha there is a Skyfallllllllllll at the end. Followed by a ohohohohoh.

Haa, thats what i wanted. nice. But i am still going to listen to it at 0:07, it will be better quality. and the end cut of a few seconds i think.

Bit disapointed though, it didnt change to anything different like i was expecting. Its almost all the same as the sample.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Well I guess that means 407p PT. Like the song a lot- no huge brass at the end but that's OK.

I would -assume- this song will be on the soundtrack? The last Sony Classical soundtrack omitted the theme.
    is anyone still waiting till 0:07 ?

Not really. But I'm buying the song when it comes out. I think whoever leaked it just placed a recorder next to the radio :-)) but bless him/her, did save me from a badly slept night.
  • OwenDavian wrote:
    Hahaha there is a Skyfallllllllllll at the end. Followed by a ohohohohoh.

Haa, thats what i wanted. nice. But i am still going to listen to it at 0:07, it will be better quality. and the end cut of a few seconds i think.

Bit disapointed though, it didnt change to anything different like i was expecting. Its almost all the same as the sample.

Remember this is a radio edit. The actual song is almost a minute longer.
    =bg= wrote:
    Well I guess that means 407p PT. Like the song a lot- no huge brass at the end but that's OK.

I would -assume- this song will be on the soundtrack? The last Sony Classical soundtrack omitted the theme.

I think the song was cut in the end, that's at least my impression.

I checked amazon this afternoon to see if they were accepting orders for the song and three options showed up: single CD, single vinyl and the OST by Newman. There are no tracks available for the OST but I'm assuming the song will be included.
  • Im still waiting till midnight. The ending cut off and i also want to here it in better quality. Plus, i dont go to bed till 12 - 1 anyway.
    Im still waiting till midnight. The ending cut off and i also want to here it in better quality. Plus, i dont go to bed till 12 - 1 anyway.

Lucky you. I have a meeting at 8am, so waiting until after 1am (german time) for me was a last resource that I'm happy not to use.
    I. Adore. It. The bridge has nothing to do with Monty Norman's theme. It builds up fantastically, it's typical Bond...but it is certainly typical Adele too.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    So iTunes has pushed back the release to the 6th instead of tomorrow...
    WHAT?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'm in two minds whether to listen to the radio version or wait four more hours. I'll hold off, for now.
    Definitely the radio version is different, I just compared it to the preview, this one was "shrunk", not the best word but I think you get the idea.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Thanks for the leaked link, but I'll wait for the real deal. ;)
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 11,119
    Sandy wrote:
    Definitely the radio version is different, I just compared it to the preview, this one was "shrunk", not the best word but I think you get the idea.

I think just the intro and the very end were cut off by that radio station. Even radio versions are the full versions. It is my experience that the actual main titles cut is the actual shorter version....which you usually won't hear on the radio. Just like the shorter orchestrated main titles version of 'You Know My Name'. I never heard that one on the radio. Only Chris Cornell's own rock version.

I suggest to listen it. But then again I am an impatient prick :-P. I just adore the build up and especially the backing vocals in the end. I can now understand that Paul Epworth and Adele got the Bassey-like goosebumps.

By the way, for the moment this song is better than my last orgasms :-P. By jolly....FINALLY a song that satisfies all my wishes for a memorable Bond title song. The last time was 'The Living Daylights' by A-Ha and to a lesser extend 'GoldenEye'.
    I'm waiting. It's only four hours! Thanks anyway, for the link.
  • I can see it blending in with the end of the PTS perfectly. We see Bond drifting away underwater as the piano starts to play and then fade away into the titles.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 624
    I just listened to the radio edit. I very much look forward to listening to the full edit (not radio) in a higher quality.

I am glad to have 1 female (alone) back singing the theme. The last time we had this was 1999. (I don't like DAD by Madonna). This song reminds me of Tomorrow Never Dies by Sheryl Crow. (That's a good thing.)
    Do you think the word Skyfall will be sang as it appears on the screen?
    Sandy wrote:

I think just the intro and the very end were cut off by that radio station. Even radio versions are the full versions. It is my experience that the actual main titles cut is the actual shorter version....which you usually won't hear on the radio. Just like the shorter orchestrated main titles version of 'You Know My Name'. I never heard that one on the radio. Only Chris Cornell's own rock version.

I suggest to listen it. But then again I am an impatient prick :-P. I just adore the build up and especially the backing vocals in the end. I can now understand that Paul Epworth and Adele got the Bassey-like goosebumps.

By the way, for the moment this song is better than my last orgasms :-P. By jolly....FINALLY a song that satisfies all my wishes for a memorable Bond title song. The last time was 'The Living Daylights' by A-Ha and to a lesser extend 'GoldenEye'.

Actually the difference I found was in the amount of times and way she sings
    "let the sky fall" just before "Skyfall is where we start"
    Samuel001 wrote:

I certainly hope so, I think it makes all the sense.
  • I wish i hadnt listened to the radio version, but im still excited to listen to it at 0.07. It will be better quality, and it wont be cut of at the start and end.
  • There is big brass at the end. its cut off in this radio edit.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Sandy wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

I certainly hope so, I think it makes all the sense.

If so, this would make it the first time since, A View To A Kill? It's something Binder loved to do and it would be so good to have this tradition back.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    I've listened untill the end of the second chorus, I'm holding off for 0:07.

My friends, she's got me dangling ;)
  • I listened to it! I definitely like what I'm hearing but I can't make an accurate judgment until I hear it in its entirety and without the edits later tonight. :D
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 11,119
    The song also reminds me a bit of Doug Ashdown's 'Winter In America'.....especially when the backings kick in. And that song I love too....

Moreover, this song is screaming for a different approach with regard to Daniel Kleinman's main titles. It's one of the most slow-tempo Bond songs in years. Bit like Bassey's 'Moonraker'.

So I hope the girls in the main titles will not be on steroids....and will move more slowly, more elegant.
  • I listened to it! I definitely like what I'm hearing but I can't make an accurate judgment until I hear it in its entirety and without the edits later tonight. :D

Same here, listening to it at 0.07 will be entierly different. It will be cristal clear and no cut offs, also you will here the big brass at the end. Not to long now.
    MrBond wrote:
    So iTunes has pushed back the release to the 6th instead of tomorrow...

what's the story here?