Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    "AT Skyfall" We are all about to know this journey..very seductive. :-)
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 1,310
    robboadam wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:
    Why are you people waiting for itunes and paying? Just download it for free and convert as mp3.

Now, now. Don't you want this to get to No 1? Do you really want Rihanna beating it on top of that?? BUY IT!!!
    I'm going to do do both of these things ;) already got it pre-ordered on iTunes and will happily support this song through the charts!
  • RC7RC7
    Err... F*ck yeah.
  • SJK91 wrote:
    I'm going to do do both of these things ;) already got it pre-ordered on iTunes and will happily support this song through the charts!

Please don't "do do" anything. ;))
  • The gun barrel opens at the begining, which makes me think it is certainly back. cool
    adelefan wrote:
    "You may have my number, you can take my name, but you'll never have my heart" <3

She delivered again. You have no idea how pleased I am that she has pleased many bond fans :) I was eager to know what you guys thought! This without a doubt will reach #1. I can feel it. The end was gorgeous! Strong and then brought it down to something sweet and soft. :)

The only part I'm confused about is the lyrics. You guys seem to understand them more than I do lol I'll have to do my research and watch some movies ;)

Its such a classic Bond song, and Adele was the perfect choice..
    Dr. Kaufmann - check your inbox.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 555
    Lyrics are a touch to repetitive, but in all I love it. Huge improvement over anything since.....I can't even remember when.
    SJK91 wrote:

Believe me, once I heard the song it was quite difficult not too. @-)
    Everyone saw the stag in the 'mist' at around the :20 - :30 second mark.. right?

SYMBOLISM!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 1,856
    =bg= wrote:
    iTunes download fail.
    "this item is not available."

Yup, me too!

Mine says avalible tomorrow!!! Come on Apple I'm not in a third world country!!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 824
    50 years ago Dr.No opened at the London Pavilion in London. The opening titles featured the James Bond Theme, an iconic piece of music that has been used throughout the series and, 50 years later is one of the best known pieces of music in the world. Sad that such a weak, insipid song is being used to open Skyfall, in 2012.
    I can see the theme played when
    M dies in Bond's arm. It will be very touching
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Mine wasn't downloading off my desktop, but did off the link sent to my phone. No idea why. Maybe give that a go if yr having issues.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    SJK91 wrote:

hahaha.

@Gareth00789 Don't let that dupe your mind; The gunbarrel at the start of the videoclip unfortunately means nothing.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Just got it. No pre-order email, I just looked in iTunes and the button had changed from pre-order to purchase.

• love the gun barrel opening. and the song is amazing.
    My bad, I ordered it a few days ago, it's now available to download it on my iPad. And it wants me to buy it again, help.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    SJK91 wrote:

hahaha.

@Gareth00789 Don't let that dupe your mind; The gunbarrel at the start of the videoclip unfortunately means nothing.

I see no reason why you doubt that the gunbarrel won't be at the beginning of the film ?
    It was explained hundred times why the gunbarrel wasn't at the start of the last two movies.
  • So I preordered it on iTunes, in the US. It didn't auto download for me, but when I went to the store I was able to buy it. Oh well, I got it. That's all that matters.

Good tune. I like it better than AWTD. YKMN? I don't know.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited October 2012 Posts: 2,635
    maxcraig wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    SJK91 wrote:

hahaha.

I see no reason why you doubt that the gunbarrel won't be at the beginning of the film ?
    It was explained hundred times why the gunbarrel wasn't at the start of the last two movies.

Nope, i am trying to avoid spoilers. He thinks that the GB will be at the beggining JUST because, on the Adele's SF clip, it is on the beggining.

And nowhere i quoted the last 2 movies; I hope it is at the start of the film, but who knows if it won't be just before the theme song?

but plz, let avoid these discussions, mainly on the wrong topic.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 300
    FYI fellow residents in the States. You can now buy the track from itunes also. I just purchased mine! <:-P

And of course I mean buy it and listen to it already!
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    546769_427057064020574_1875214399_n.jpg

Made if for Facebook timeline ;)
  • X3MSonicX wrote:
    maxcraig wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    SJK91 wrote:

hahaha.

Nope, i am trying to avoid spoilers. He thinks that the GB will be at the beggining JUST because, on the Adele's SF clip, it is on the beggining.

And nowhere i quoted the last 2 movies; I hope it is at the start of the film, but who knows if it won't be just before the theme song?

No but its got an even better chance that it will be back now. I will be disapointed if its not. But having on the video and not in the film would be a bit daft.

Oh it has to be back... its bond with a capital b isnt it. lol
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    Those horns at the beginning sound as if it was the PTS sound-track ending. I wonder if it is...??? :-?
  • So I preordered it on iTunes, in the US. It didn't auto download for me, but when I went to the store I was able to buy it. Oh well, I got it. That's all that matters.

Good tune. I like it better than AWTD. YKMN? I don't know.

YKMN fits the tune of CR better (no pun intended). I think Adele sang the "emotion" behind SF perfectly, and that alone makes it a very good Bond theme.

AWTD? That didn't do crap lol
  • Where you go I go
    What you see I see
    I know i'll never be me without the security
    Of your loving arms
    Keeping me from harm
    Put your hand in my hand
    And we'll stand - Does this symbolise how Bond will have fully formed into his usual self with the absence of M? from this point onwards he will never let down his barriers? /spoiler]
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    maxcraig wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    SJK91 wrote:

hahaha.

No but its got an even better chance that it will be back now. I will be disapointed if its not. But having on the video and not in the film would be a bit daft.

Oh it has to be back... its bond with a capital b isnt it. lol

:D I'll be disappointed too. But i know it will return, i just don't like spoilers, friend :)

It will be back ;D Just as Bond is.
  • Like others here, iTunes U.S. didn't release my preorder, but instead just put it out for sale. To avoid being charged twice, go into your iTunes account and look for the "Manage My Preorders" link (near bottom right); click it, then click "Cancel" next to the preorder. (I did it before buying mine.)
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Mine doesn't show any info for preorder anymore. It -was- there, tho.