Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,329
    them lyrics kinda make me feel all emotional I now want bond to save m and hope she lives lol
    Empire highlights all 23 Bond themes (official):
    http://www.empireonline.com/features/james-bond-songs/p14

"SKYFALL is where we start..."
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 31
    SJK91 wrote:
    I'm going to do do both of these things ;) already got it pre-ordered on iTunes and will happily support this song through the charts!

Please don't "do do" anything. ;))
    Reminds me of the Andrew Ridgeley note that inspired the U.S. breakthru of Wham!--"Wake me up-up before you go-go". George Michael removed the doubled "up", but it's still probably the most coherent thing Ridgeley ever wrote... ;)
  • I'm trying my best not to overplay this song but it's just so hard!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 31
    =bg= wrote:
    Mine doesn't show any info for preorder anymore. It -was- there, tho.

In iTunes, click your user ID at upper right and enter your password. From your account screen you should see "Manage My Preorders" at bottom right; click that, then click "Cancel". Then search for "adele skyfall"; it should take you directly there to buy it.

If it's not in your account, the preorder may have gone thru. Go to the iTunes menu and pick Store > Check for Available Downloads, then go to your downloads list. (If it says nothing's available, it may have already downloaded.)
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited October 2012 Posts: 858
    My ears are "beeping" from listening the song so muth at max. volume with earphones, but I don't care.
    It's a killer tune, majestic, touching, attention-grabbing, and one hundred and seven percent Bond-esque.

I agree that the lyrics and the part after the instrumental sound very emotional. listening to it gives me a very dark and serious feel about the movie:
    His boss being in danger - possibly life-threatening, having his own ancestral home demolished. This one might just be to mutch to handle for Bond... or is it?
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 824
    At least I won't be spending my money on this song. The chorus sounds laughable.

A major disappointment.
    I like the rhyming of skyfall with crumble. hungry now.

I don't like the last line of the chorus though. At Sky Fall. Sounds a bit throw-away and it's going to bug me.

Still - miles better than the last one.
    I'm very impressed. This sounds like it could be ripped right out of a 60's Bond film
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    Doesn't the lyrics suggest that the Skyfall lodge is more M's residence? "Skyfall is where we start" assuming in this case it's meant M and her deadly fate Silva.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Sent shivers down me spine... Yes, it is a wonderful and great Bond Theme song, IMO the best since GE... Thanks for the helpful chaps... Now four more weeks till I can go and watch it!!!!
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Without a shadow of doubt, the best Bond song in a long long time! Lets hope the movie lives up to it!
    If a good theme= a good bond.

Skyfall is going to be amazing.
  • S
    Sent shivers down me spine...

Sends me to bed...
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    bondbat007 wrote:
    I'm very impressed. This sounds like it could be ripped right out of a 60's Bond film

true.
  • Is this the only Skyfall related event for today? I heard that when they premiered the song on ET there was loads of new footage.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Let's hope the theatrical poster arrives online today too.
    Samuel001 wrote:

And the goddamn IMAX trailer already! It's the best!
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Wait......have you seen it?
  • robboadam wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

I have, and it's damn cool.
    robboadam wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

In person and multiple odds and ends online. It truly is the best trailer of the set.
    I think we have a troll here trying hard to be listened to but nobody answers his messages :D
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,329
    I want snippets of newmans score today please ? Too much to ask?
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    robboadam wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

In person and multiple odds and ends online. It truly is the best trailer of the set.

Is it still up online? Is there a link? Why would they not have released it when it was shown in IMAX theatres?
  • DCisared wrote:
    I want snippets of newmans score today please ? Too much to ask?

That would be an absolute delight! ^:)^
    Oh, god. Ignore me. Im such an idiot. I saw the IMAX trailer with my own eyes when I saw the Dark Knight Rises. Have to admit, don't remember too much of it as I was a nervous, excited wreck anticipating the film.
  • robboadam wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    robboadam wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Is it still up online? Is there a link? Why would they not have released it when it was shown in IMAX theatres?
    It's pretty similar to the one that was released, but I like it far better.
    Very impressed with the song. Need a few more listens. Really ready for the film now....
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Sounds amazing! Can't believe it's only 2.5 weeks to go!
    Very impressed with the Skyfall theme, so much better than QOS, I also saw the IMAX trailer when I went to see the Dark Knight a month ago, really can't wait for this film, wish I was living back home in the UK at the moment as we have to wait until the end of November before it's released in Melbourne :(