Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• This just SCREAMS classic Bond to me.
    +1. I knew the full song would sound MUCH better than the snippet. :D
    Can someone turn the downloaded iTunes .m4a file into an .mp3 file for me??
    Once you get it from iTunes, if it's set properly you can convert it to MP3 yourself. Just make sure your "Import Settings" button in Edit > Preferences is set to "MP3 Encoder"; then right-click the downloaded M4A song and choose "Create MP3 Version". M4A is *NOT* encrypted.
  • So can someone clarify for me. The lyrics of the song represent the journey M and Bond go on together?
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Well, thanks iTunes, that pre-order was well worth it.
    Still nothing.
    This wouldn't have happened if Jobs was alive. And he died a year ago today. Karma.
  • Superb. A great song for a film that I am sure is going to amaze us all!
  • Slightly disgruntled, as I pre-ordered from US iTunes, and despite the official release, it appears they're holding on to it until it's actually October 5th here. (I'm guessing, since the supposed auto-download hasn't occurred.)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    jorbri66 wrote:
    So can someone clarify for me. The lyrics of the song represent the journey M and Bond go on together?
    That's right. They refer to Bond and M.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    My mouse and F5 just broke.

This is going to be so incredible in the cinema. Tomorrow as soon as I'm home, the entire neighbourhood is going to know Adele's got a new song :D
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Absolutely amazing! It screams "Bond"! Love it!

So far Mendes has kept his promise, this is Bond with a capital B!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Why are you people waiting for itunes and paying? Just download it for free and convert as mp3.
  • Glad I stayed up that extra hour! Some much more powerful than the Radio Leak, and even that was cool :)

Now putting it on my MP3-player, and listening to it until I fall asleep :)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    When's the music video coming?
    gt007 wrote:

Craig promised that, not Mendes.
  • GMSkarka wrote:
    Slightly disgruntled, as I pre-ordered from US iTunes, and despite the official release, it appears they're holding on to it until it's actually October 5th here. (I'm guessing, since the supposed auto-download hasn't occurred.)
    Not unexpected. I've checked my iTunes account myself, but having done iTunes preorders before I didn't expect it before midnight EDT. No matter; Adele's website was on time.

doubleoego wrote:
    Why are you people waiting for itunes and paying? Just download it for free and convert as mp3.

Now, now. Don't you want this to get to No 1? Do you really want Rihanna beating it on top of that?? BUY IT!!!
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    When's the music video coming?
    gt007 wrote:

Craig promised that, not Mendes.

Maybe. But Mendes and his team are certainly delivering on said promise.

• =bg= wrote:
    Still nothing.
    This wouldn't have happened if Jobs was alive. And he died a year ago today. Karma.

Bizarrely, I've preordered it and ITunes is saying its not available, I've just checked my tunes and its already downloaded and in there, have you checked your iTunes library?

• doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Yeah, so...it's pretty bloody good isn't it?
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    "You may have my number, you can take my name"

^:)^
  • doubleoego wrote:
    Some of us still believe in supporting the artists--and yes, even the record labels--who spend the time and money to actually make good music. (Not to mention it's the only LEGAL way.) ;)
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Tell you one thing, the people from GEMA all deserve to die horribly this very day.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 130

Tell you one thing, the people from GEMA all deserve to die horribly this very day.
    Haha thank god I'm in Austria right now. GEMA-Stasi is really annoying. :)

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Let the Sky fall.

Perfect, it's fantastic. Just saw the lyric video on YouTube.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Dieses Video ist in Deutschland leider nicht verfügbar, da es möglicherweise Musik enthält, für die die erforderlichen Musikrechte von der GEMA nicht eingeräumt wurden.
  • =bg= wrote:
    Still nothing.

Bizarrely, I've preordered it and ITunes is saying its not available, I've just checked my tunes and its already downloaded and in there, have you checked your iTunes library?
    He's an American like I am; we won't get it for another 4-1/2 hours. It's not in my library either.

• brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    =bg= wrote:
    Still nothing.

=bg= wrote:
    Still nothing.

Nope, nada. you always get a little email that says GO GET IT and I have -0-.
    Ah well, what can ya do.

GEMA?
    Gas and Electricity Markets Authority?
    Georgia Emergency Management Agency?
    Gesellschaft für musikalische Aufführungs- und mechanische Vervielfältigungsrechte?
    Gikuyu, Embu, and Meru Association?
    Global Engine Manufacturing Alliance?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'll buy the the single and the soundtrack once its released on CD.

Anyway, I'm satisfied with the end result and now i'm off to bed. I look forward to the 200 odd posts I'm likely to find when I return tomorrow. Night all.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 58
    "You may have my number, you can take my name, but you'll never have my heart"

She delivered again. You have no idea how pleased I am that she has pleased many bond fans :) I was eager to know what you guys thought! This without a doubt will reach #1. I can feel it. The end was gorgeous! Strong and then brought it down to something sweet and soft. :)

The only part I'm confused about is the lyrics. You guys seem to understand them more than I do lol I'll have to do my research and watch some movies ;)
  • =bg= wrote:
    I posted the link myself earlier. It'll probably go on sale there at midnight PDT.