Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    It's quite possible Shirley Bassey or Tom Jones could come back, but I wouldn't bet on it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Eric Serra should sing it!

Batten down the hatches!!! RUN! RUN! RUN!
  • QBranch wrote:
    It's quite possible Shirley Bassey or Tom Jones could come back, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Yeah, i woudnt aswell. Just thought it would be quite cool to bring someone back.
  • For some reason, the past few days i have been thinking wheither it could be a band instead of a solo singer.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    DC hosting SNL with Muse also appearing could be a sign, although it could just be a massive coincidence and Adele wrapped this months ago.
  • Under 3 weeks till October, and still no word on the Skyfall Theme Song. ? It must be coming very soon, shouldnt it??
    All this waiting is driving me mad! Every time I am online Im checking to see if its been announced and with only six weeks to go, I would have thought we would have known by now or actually heard it. But hey all this is just part of the fun of being a bond fan :). As long as they dont choose some crappy song thou lol
    Come on Rush!
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 3,333
    Tony Lewis ‏@MusicEditorcouk: Woke up with the #skyfall song in my head this morning. That's got to be good seeing as I haven't played with reel 1 for days.

Tony Lewis ‏@MusicEditorcouk: @mattkins89 yes - it has a vocal. ;)

So Skyfall's music editor says it has a vocal and the song has stayed with him for days since he last heard it. Must mean that it's an infectious little number.
  • I've was thinking, does anybody else think that we'll get the announcement of the performer and the actual song on the same day? It seems possible due to the stage we're at in production and the fact that it's finished and they are cutting the music with the film as we speak.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    does anybody else think that we'll get the announcement of the performer and the actual song on the same day?

Yes and I, like others, now guess that will be on the 5th. James Bond Day and 50 years to the day since Dr. No was released.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2012 Posts: 4,453
    I've was thinking, does anybody else think that we'll get the announcement of the performer and the actual song on the same day? It seems possible due to the stage we're at in production and the fact that it's finished and they are cutting the music with the film as we speak.

Mabey the announcement wil be on the same day of release of the Soundtrack. A Goldeneye : No more forplay. In other words: No discussion about the artist and song weeks before the soundtrack release, i think that is a good idea in specialy because of the soundtrack release troubles with CR and QOS. Mabey finaly Local store's get more intrest. In The Netherlands we stil waiting on a release date of the soundtrack, whyle a new Cr/QOS dvd/BD release already be avaible to preorder for weeks.
  • DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    There's so many better musicians/bands/dj's out there to choose from than Adele. Seriously I hope Adele is not chosen, here is a song that sounds very very bondian, would work well for skyfall.

Hey - by Stolen Identity

edited September 2012 Posts: 260
    Thievery Corporation - Free

Another song that would really set the tone for a Bond movie, really bondian

Another song called ,"is it over" by Thievery Corporation. this song is very very Bondian. Would be great for a bond movie

• How about her? :)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited September 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Okay it will be announced in a couple of weeks maybe ... or sooner. who knows? Bond Day makes sense. Let's make our final predictions now!

I say, yes it is Adele. Any other final guesses anyone?
  • I think Florence + The Machine would do the best job with meshing some classic Bond type vocals with the edge that defines the Craig era, but I think it will be Adele.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Okay it will be announced in a couple of weeks maybe ... or sooner. who knows? Bond Day makes sense. Let's make our final predictions now!

OK, I'll give mine. I think it'll be one of these:
    -Adele
    -Muse
    -Emeli Sande
    -Paloma Faith
  • I
    bondsum wrote:
    Tony Lewis ‏@MusicEditorcouk: Woke up with the #skyfall song in my head this morning. That's got to be good seeing as I haven't played with reel 1 for days.

Tony Lewis ‏@MusicEditorcouk: @mattkins89 yes - it has a vocal. ;)

So Skyfall's music editor says it has a vocal and the song has stayed with him for days since he last heard it. Must mean that it's an infectious little number.

is this real?
  • Okay it will be announced in a couple of weeks maybe ... or sooner. who knows? Bond Day makes sense. Let's make our final predictions now!

Adele or Muse I think.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden

Adele or Muse I think.
    Both alternatives are very welcome :)
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    I think its adel aswell. It should he here in a few weeks or maby sooner. Its obvious the tune is in its final stage of fine tunning. It sounds like i must be a very catchy tune aswell. so thats good. Just plz be good.
  • I think Kings of Leon have finaly said yes to Daniel and its them lol. naaarr not realy. Adel all the way.
  • JUST HAD A LITTLE CHAT WITH Tony Lewis‏@MusicEditorcouk

I sent a tweet asking if the theme tune would be announced to the public this month. He tweeted to me saying...

@Gareth_00789 I very much doubt it.
  • I wonder why we have to wait longer than we did for Quantum of Solace theme tune. Does anyone have any clues. ??
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I wonder why we have to wait longer than we did for Quantum of Solace theme tune. Does anyone have any clues. ??

"Live from New York it's ....."

• talos7 wrote:
    I wonder why we have to wait longer than we did for Quantum of Solace theme tune. Does anyone have any clues. ??

"Live from New York it's ....."

what? what you mean. Its what lol
  • So no bond theme for this month. It has to be early october then, or if not, they have left it to late.