Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

MTV are also reporting that Adele has been spotted at Abbey Road where Thomas Newman is currently holed up hard at work on the SF soundtrack.Looks like Adele or Muse as the clear front runners.
    LeChiffre wrote:
    MTV are also reporting that Adele has been spotted at Abbey Road where Thomas Newman is currently holed up hard at work on the SF soundtrack.Looks like Adele or Muse as the clear front runners.

As is IGN, again, sourcing the bloody Sun...
  • Adele just announced as our singer! Finally. Not allowed to say how I know this for sure (which I know, I know, sounds fishy) but it comes from a reliable source (not me) associated with the film. yea!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    If you say A you have to say B.
    Well? I will wait to see who exactly it is when it is announced? Get the feeling it will be Bassey for the closing credits though?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    October 5th is coming. Let's wait and see the official announcement of the second "worst kept secret in London".
    October 5th is coming. Let's wait and see the official announcement of the second "worst kept secret in London".

Lol! :)) If you are saying it Marketto? It must be true! ;)
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    what are the best Adele songs? I have to admit, I've not heard any of her.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    =bg= wrote:
    what are the best Adele songs? I have to admit, I've not heard any of her.

I envy you. Every time I put on the radio there's a f*cking Adele song on. I think she's overrated to be honest.
  • @thelivingroyale

Here are the ones I've heard of:

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Lol! :)) If you are saying it Marketto? It must be true! ;)

It's only a guess. They will have to announce someday, don't they?
    writer5150 wrote:
    Adele just announced as our singer! Finally. Not allowed to say how I know this for sure (which I know, I know, sounds fishy) but it comes from a reliable source (not me) associated with the film. yea!
    We believe you, @writer5150. Might have been good if you could tell us what the song is called though and any further info on what it sounds like. Can't you squeeze any more details out of your source?

• edited September 2012 Posts: 645
    seen this back in April, I'm excited to see what comes of this!
    http://rokpad.com/adele-to-play-the-next-james-bond-theme-song/
    Adele-to-sing-bond2.jpg
  • @Gareth00789, please avoid double/triple posting. You can say everything in one single post instead. Thank you.
    Eiragorn wrote:
    obin_gam wrote:
    my money is on muse. i think adele is just a red herring constructed by the production team to keep the song a secret.

Well, I think it is highly unlikely that they will have a Bond song up their sleeves when their perfectly timed album does not include one. And as I said: the album will be previewed in a week. And all that hesitating regarding the confirmation would be senseless when the Broccolis would not do it on Bond Day.
    bondsum wrote:
    writer5150 wrote:
    Adele just announced as our singer! Finally. Not allowed to say how I know this for sure (which I know, I know, sounds fishy) but it comes from a reliable source (not me) associated with the film. yea!
    We believe you, @writer5150. Might have been good if you could tell us what the song is called though and any further info on what it sounds like. Can't you squeeze any more details out of your source?
    bondsum wrote:
    writer5150 wrote:

Can you say anymore about the song. have you actualy listened to the song, or ?
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Well, at the eleventh hour an new unknown contender has stepped up to throw his hat into the ring:

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    writer5150 wrote:

Yeah I also have it confirmed from a source I am not allowed to reveal but just take it from me folks its a done deal!

Do me a favour Mr 1st post on here.
  • dchantry wrote:
    I'm not for one minute saying its not Adele as I think everything is hush hush ...
    They are not a very reliable source, but have been correct occasionally.....Law of averages etc.

“Even a clock that does not work is right twice a day.”

― Polish Proverb
    Take the doubters in stride. When I posted that Newman was doing the score before it was announced (inside source regarding setting up the scoring stage in London) all I got was "Well, we'll believe it when we see it". Just the way it goes.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I highly doubt Adele is running to Abbey Road, when she is far advanced in her pregnancy, just to be a red herring for the producers.

Oct. 5th is coming pretty soon ... and we could be wrong on that date, too. But it makes sense. Hmm. I'm going to have to do something "Bondish" on that day; must think about it.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    Mark59 wrote:
    dchantry wrote:
    I'm not for one minute saying its not Adele as I think everything is hush hush ...
    They are not a very reliable source, but have been correct occasionally.....Law of averages etc.

“Even a clock that does not work is right twice a day.”

― Polish Proverb

Hmm, I am finding it hard to beleive TheWizardOfIce, how do you know the source. ?

• @NorwegianBond Wrong guy ;) It was @=bg= who hadn't heard any Adele songs.
  • @NorwegianBond Wrong guy ;) It was @=bg= who hadn't heard any Adele songs.

Darn it! Sorry :)
    I have a strange habit of doing things like this on this community ;)

Any cow, weird of you (=bg=) to not have heard anything from Adele. She's almost everywhere.. :P
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    edited September 2012 Posts: 1,400
    Well, I listen mostly to Sports and News on AM...and music just on iTunes. But if she is the singer, I hope it's a kd lang Surrender type of huge brass thing.

And I've searched thru the thread--is Oct 5 the release of this song?
  • =bg= wrote:
    Well, I listen mostly to Sports and News on AM...and music just on iTunes. But if she is the singer, I hope it's a kd lang Surrender type of huge brass thing.

And I've searched thru the thread--is Oct 5 the release of this song?

Its not confirmed for the 5th, but its what alot on the forum, and me are now presuming it is. It would make perfect sence to announce it on Bond Day, of all days.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Hmm, I am finding it hard to beleive TheWizardOfIce, how do you know the source. ?

Its called sarcasm mate.

A guy comes on here with his first post and says 'I cant tell you how I know and I cant tell you where I got it from but take it from me that Adele has been confirmed.'

In all probability she is doing it but on today of all days shouldnt we have learnt not to believe what we read merely on face value without any evidence to back it up?
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 4,813
    I still long for Depeche Mode to get their shot, but I guess since it's not freaking 1989 anymore I should quit holding my breath :P

I can't say I've actually gone out of my way to ever listen to Adele but now that she's been announced as 'probably doing it', I listened to the links above. She does have a voice that takes me back to the classic Bond themes I have to admit

*Damn, Depeche Mode should have tacked Licence to Kill- I hate that song (but love the movie)
  • @Master_Dahark: I heard that Depeche Mode is currently working on another album. So maybe there's hope for Bond 24?
  • ^ Oh yeah they're totally still around! But they unfortunately aren't 'IN' like Adele.... but yes I will keep my hopes up!!

• Adele has been my choice since day one - perfect, especially if they go for a big ballad style:-)
    Rush come on RUSH