Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• edited September 2012 Posts: 2,598
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Well? I will wait to see who exactly it is when it is announced? Get the feeling it will be Bassey for the closing credits though?

It would be great if they returned to the days when they either play the same title song again or a totally separate song through the end credits instead of yet another rehash of the 007 theme or some other techno number.
  • tqbtqb
    Eminem!
    kidding.
    There was someone on the old threads a good few years ago who suggested Eminem and was actually serious about it.
  • Risico007 wrote:
    Rush come on RUSH

YES!!!!
    Well if this official when do hear it? What would be sound this in the titles?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I hope someone changes the title of this thread when it IS confirmed ...

and I kinda hope Bassey does the closing credits; that would be a nice touch.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 1,261
    Agent7F wrote:
    Well, what rhymes on "Fall"? Ball :-O Call. Hall. Mall. Tall.
    Total Recall? ;-)
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Matt wrote:
    Total Recall? ;-)

Why not? ;) Sounds great... :-bd
    Some years ago there was a user here who wanted some calypso for CR? Was it Mr. Bullion? So why not Gypsy Kings? :bz
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Agent7F wrote:
    Well, what rhymes on "Fall"? Ball :-O Call. Hall. Mall. Tall.
    Skyfall
    Whitehall :-O
    Risico007 wrote:
    Rush come on RUSH

YES!!!!
    I would prefer Yes but we both know it's not gonna happen.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 3,333
    Just had a look at Paul Epworth tweetings on August 29th and the everything points to Bond...

Paul Epworth ‏@paulepworth:
    Off to record a little bit of history. :-$

And a cryptic...

Paul Epworth ‏@paulepworth: It's done
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    bondsum wrote:
    Just had a look at Paul Epworth tweetings on August 29th and the everything points to Bond...

And a cryptic...

Quite intriguing :-? I agree with you, it sounds like it.
  • Sandy wrote:
    bondsum wrote:

And a cryptic...

Quite intriguing :-? I agree with you, it sounds like it.

Paul Epworth also had production credits with Adele, so it says on google. So he might be working with Adele or something. it might be for the credits, not the opening ???
  • bondsum wrote:

And a cryptic...

... the bitch is dead? ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    bondsum wrote:

And a cryptic...

... the bitch is dead? ;)

No, Google hasn't updated Madonna's bio with a date of death yet. :|
    Woh, steady there, @Gareth00789. The closing credits could well have an alternative Adele version of the title song just like Moonraker, Diamonds Are Forever, You Only Live Twice and Lulu's The Man with the Golden Gun reprisals - they also differed from the opening songs. It's possible that The Sun could be referring to this, but my guess is that it's a typical Sun typo and not to be taken too literally. The song will feature after the PTS like always.

Paul Epworth was at the Abbey Road studios the same time as Adele has been reported to be there. Also, not only is Paul Epworth a producer but is co-author of quite a few of her songs.

Glad you like my way of thinking, @Sandy.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2012 Posts: 4,451
    http://www.3fm.nl/nieuws/detail/353839/Adele-zingt-voor-de-nieuwe-Bond-film?

Adele zingt voor de nieuwe Bond film? Er gaan geruchten dat Adele een nummer opneemt voor de nieuwe James Bond film Skyfall.

Adele sings for new Bondmovie? Remours say Adele recorderd a song for the new Bond movie Skyfall.

Volgens het Britse blad The Sun is Adele eerder deze maand gespot in de Abbey Road Studio's, de plek waar de soundtrack voor de nieuwe James Bond film Skyfall wordt opgenomen. Hierdoor kwam de geruchtenmachine op gang.

The English paper The Sun wrote earlier this month Adele whas spotted at the Abbey Road studio's, de place where the soundtrack recording for the new Bond movie Skyfall take place.

Bond-girl Adele
    Adele is gezien met componist en dirigent Thomas Newman, de man die verantwoordelijk is voor de muziek van de nieuwe Bond-film. Skyfall gaat 26 oktober in Engeland in première en is vanaf 31 oktober in Nederland te zien. Tot nu toe is er nog door niemand officieel bevestigd dat Adele een nummer zingt voor de film, maar de Engelse media zijn druk bezig met het verzamelen van bewijs. Wordt vervolgd dus ...

Bond-girl Adele
    Adele is spotted together with composer & conductor Thomas Newman, the man who be responsible for the music for the new Bond movie. Skyfall get his premiere release on 26 October in England and on 31 October get his relese in The Netherlands. Til now nobody offcial confirmd Adele going to sing a number for the movie, but the British media are re-searching for more proof. To Be Contuned...

Er, we know this, @M_Balje, there's already been several posts about The Sun's reporting of Adele singing the Bong song on this page and previous ones.
    There's no news like old news ;)
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Still no official word. Probably waiting to announce England's second worst kept secret on Global Bond Day.

Her voice is good. A bit overrated IMO, but she's much better than most other currently famous singers. I'm just glad a singer of her style is so popular. No need to look for a young-audience-pleasing singer whose style doesn't fit Bond's.
    Is it just me or does Adele look like a "slightly larger" Lulu?
  • I think she looks like the size of a house and I'm not kidding, if she gets the nod (or if already done as highly suspect), they would have had to take her to the recording studios in the back of an armored van. And if she did it, and she appeared as herself for the theme intro as part of a background, (not seen since Easton in For Your Eyes Only), her face would take up the damn entire screen. I don't want to sound derogatory towards the kid, but I said before I really hope someone else gets the go ahead with this. Still no news is good news on this issue, but it can only be a matter of time before the artist is finally disclosed, this has been going on far too long. It's the waiting is sometimes more agonizing than the actual news of who it will finally be
  • I think she looks like the size of a house and I'm not kidding, if she gets the nod (or if already done as highly suspect), they would have had to take her to the recording studios in the back of an armored van. And if she did it, and she appeared as herself for the theme intro as part of a background, (not seen since Easton in For Your Eyes Only), her face would take up the damn entire screen. I don't want to sound derogatory towards the kid, but I said before I really hope someone else gets the go ahead with this. Still no news is good news on this issue, but it can only be a matter of time before the artist is finally disclosed, this has been going on far too long. It's the waiting is sometimes more agonizing than the actual news of who it will finally be
    Let's be civil here and not play down to the level of poking fun at someones weight. We're adults and I think we can conduct ourselves as such.
  • I wasn't thinking about the weight, and it's up to an individual to watch what they eat. Maybe Ms Adele has a fancy for candy bars or something, just that's it been said, that she is rather a size. I tried to word it best I could, wasn't making fun of it either to be honest, it was merely an observation. Ok Ok, let's concentrate on the matter in hand, and the possibility of having her as next Bond artist. It's something that leaves me with a bit of a fearful apprehension. I'm sorry, but in the simplest terms, just hope someone else gets the go ahead with this. It's the waiting sometimes that makes it worse, It'll be a relief when they finally disclose who it's going to be
  • I wasn't thinking about the weight, and it's up to an individual to watch what they eat. Maybe Ms Adele has a fancy for candy bars or something, just that's it been said, that she is rather a size. I tried to word it best I could, wasn't making fun of it either to be honest, it was merely an observation. Ok Ok, let's concentrate on the matter in hand, and the possibility of having her as next Bond artist. It's something that leaves me with a bit of a fearful apprehension. I'm sorry, but in the simplest terms, just hope someone else gets the go ahead with this. It's the waiting sometimes that makes it worse, It'll be a relief when they finally disclose who it's going to be
    While I don't think Adele is a particularly BAD choice, I do feel it's a little safe and boring.
  • Just not an artist I recognize. I feel there are far more appropriate or better acts for this years release, but it's all about opinions isn't it. We all agree to disagree

I still maintain, as do a number of others, that the song has already been done and recorded by now, and they simply haven't disclosed who it was yet. Something all a bit cloak and dagger about this

We should get Mulder and Scully to investigate this issue I'm almost on the verge of thinking now
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,986
    I think she looks like the size of a house and I'm not kidding, if she gets the nod (or if already done as highly suspect), they would have had to take her to the recording studios in the back of an armored van. And if she did it, and she appeared as herself for the theme intro as part of a background, (not seen since Easton in For Your Eyes Only), her face would take up the damn entire screen.
    I wasn't thinking about the weight, and it's up to an individual to watch what they eat. Maybe Ms Adele has a fancy for candy bars or something, just that's it been said, that she is rather a size. I tried to word it best I could, wasn't making fun of it either to be honest, it was merely an observation.
    So you type without thinking, now?

Why did you even feel the need to bring this up? You know what they say, 'those who judge have the biggest flaws'...

I don't know if I would call myself an Adele 'fan', but I think she's quite pretty- and evidently, would be perfect for the theme. Fingers crossed.
    I'm with @QBranch on this, I think on paper Adele is perfect for the new song - also she's British. She'll be the first British solo singer the franchise has had since Sheena Easton exercised her lungs on FYEO. To be quite honest I'm tired of hearing Americans sing about a British icon for the past 20 years and think it suitable that for once a British artist has been chosen over a Stateside act. Let's reserve judgement for the "song" first before we resort to the antics of the playground. [-X You never know, you might actually like it when you go see the movie.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 268
    Does this mean Adele is officially confirmed now? http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/09/13/confirmed-adele-all-set-for-james-bond-skyfall-song
    Exclusive: I think I can confirm for you what I said some months ago – 
    Adele is performing the theme song for “Skyfall,” the 23rd James Bond movie.
    As far as I know the song is called “Skyfall.”

or is it the same source the sun has?