Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    No, i dont beleive they will have intrumental. They will definitly have a singer and it will all ready have been recorded by now. its just the waiting game. A few weeks and we should here about it. Adel i think it is.
    I am getting slightly agitated though. I think its about time everyone heared the new skyfall theme, or at least know whos singing it.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,879
    I'm okay with learning who the artist is- but personally, I don't want to listen to the song until I'm in the cinema. Hearing it beforehand would just ruin it for me. I want to experience such an iconic moment on screen.
  • AHH! Imagine if they did a Doctor No. and just did an extended version of the Bond theme? I know we've all become very accustomed to the theme songs - but it would be a very cool touch IMO.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The theme has already been recorded but what if they decide to use it for the closing credits and go for an instrumental for the opening........or maybe not.
    What if it turned out to be someone singing over the Bond theme?! :-O
    Travesty!

There'd be anarchy in the streets.
    I think it would ruin it for me aswel if i listen to it before in the cinema. But i would like to here it ASAP. I would rather find out straight away whither i like it or not. I just hope its good. But i am more worried about the gun barrel sequence.
    On the assumption that it's Adele, some have speculated that EON are waiting for her to give birth before they make any announcement. That's expected to happen in early September. which ties in with my theory that it'll be Oct 4th when he hear the song..

http://www.examiner.com/article/adele-s-boyfriend-confirms-baby-due-soon-birth-expected-early-september
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 268
    When I go to 007.com and press any of the links in the top part, no one works. Just goes 404. Is this maybe a sign they´re updating the site with some major news?
  • the site seems to work for me? maby its your browser.
    you might be right about the announcement of the theme. But normaly you here something in september, like with qos. hmmmm.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,879
    Yes, the site's working for me as well. No news, though.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 268
    Tried both Firefox and IE but none worked, ah well maybe its just cookies for me then. Got a little excited there for a second :(
  • lol
    Google chrome is your friend. Forget the other web browsers.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    bondsum wrote:
    On the assumption that it's Adele, some have speculated that EON are waiting for her to give birth before they make any announcement. That's expected to happen in early September. which ties in with my theory that it'll be Oct 4th when he hear the song..

http://www.examiner.com/article/adele-s-boyfriend-confirms-baby-due-soon-birth-expected-early-september
    Why announce it after she had the kid? What sense does that make??
  • In my opinion, the song has to have been done by now. To have to sync the song to a pretty elaborate digital title sequence for a film that comes out in a couple of months you've gotta at least have some temp tracks to go by.
  • yeah and its out in 6 weeks on friday
  • doesnt sound that long when you put it that way.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Anybody want to bet that the theme song will be unveiled on Bond day - Oct 5th? It would be the latest title song reveal since the media cared.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    When was the latest ever then? This one wouldn't take the title?
  • that is a good idea, being on bond fay. but i still feel we should have it within sepctember just like q o s
  • If Adele really is going to do this years theme song, it would be more appropriate to disclose the news on Halloween..
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 3,333
    bondsum wrote:

Why announce it after she had the kid? What sense does that make??
    Because the media would be focused on the baby and not the song, making the buzz a footnote rather than the big event. Better to get one big story out of the way and allow the song to breathe and not be overshadowed. Like James Page and myself have said, I believe James Bond Day is the day it will be aired.
  • hmmm, maby if it is actualy here. They might even have decided to change their mind after her slip of the tounge on jonathan ross show. ?
    I still have a big feeling that it will be revealed this month
    I still have a big feeling that it will be revealed this month

I think you might be right...
  • I just had an idea, does anyone think it would be possible of them bringing back someone to sing the bond theme, with it being 50th anniversary. ?
    If Adele really is going to do this years theme song, it would be more appropriate to disclose the news on Halloween..
    why on halloween?

Eric Serra should sing it!