Are we all happy now that dust has settled? -Spectre Spoilers

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @ClarkDevlin, to be fair, he uses the guns attached to the Aston Martin during the finale. In terms of not using gadgets to dispose foes, I'd say that (off the top of my head, unless I'm overlooking something) describes CR a bit more closely than SP.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Interesting, when I first watched SF's Scotland climax I was reminded of Straw Dogs.
    Different generations I guess.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    What about FYEO's finale? Would his climbing equipment count as a gadget?
    I'd say the SP finale is more in line with 'Straw Dogs,' for sure. Ashamed to say I've only seen the remake, which I didn't care for. I have to get around to watching the Dustin Hoffman version soon.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Mendes himself said it was Influenced by straw dogs, just as the drive up
    was inspired by The shining.
    Mendes seemed to be inspired and influenced by all things non-Bond when it came to creating a Bond movie.
    The only reason he never did an underwater scene was because
    He'd never seen Finding Nemo. ;)
    The only reason he never did an underwater scene was because
    He'd never seen Finding Nemo. ;)

He did two in SF, which he found the inspiration for when watching 'Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' and 'Titanic,' respectively.
    :))
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    There's a bit of Cliffhanger in the 'under ice' scene imho.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @ClarkDevlin, to be fair, he uses the guns attached to the Aston Martin during the finale. In terms of not using gadgets to dispose foes, I'd say that (off the top of my head, unless I'm overlooking something) describes CR a bit more closely than SP.
    I can overlook that... I don't really... really... count them as gadgets... More like turrets hidden in a vehicle...
    bondjames wrote: »
    There's a bit of Cliffhanger in the 'under ice' scene imho.

Sylvester Stallone was underwater with Bond and the bad guy toward the end?! The more you know.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Just to update, I'm still not happy. SP isn't aging for me like a fine wine. More like yesterday's coffee.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Just to update, I'm still not happy. SP isn't aging for me like a fine wine. More like yesterday's coffee.
    Ditto. It certainly has the smell of a freshly brewed cuppa at the start, but by the end (I haven't been able to finish it the last two times I've watched it) it's as flat and tasteless as it comes for me.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    bondjames wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Ditto. It certainly has the smell of a freshly brewed cuppa at the start, but by the end (I haven't been able to finish it the last two times I've watched it) it's as flat and tasteless as it comes for me.

Well said. I wouldn't be so disappointed if I didn't truly believe they could have and should have done better.

There's a fabulous Bond film in all that half baked mush that could have been a great meal.

(I think I'm hungry.)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm still confident in saying I very much love the film after over 7 months having seen it the first time.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I love it too. It's still in my #2 spot. :D
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    I've seen it twice at the cinema, liked it better on my second viewing.

Seen it once at home, and I have no desire to watch it again. Partly it's because the movie has been thoroughly analyzed here over and over again, but the main reasons are the "brother" connection and the yellow tint. They make me feel like I'm not watching a Bond film despite the obvious Bond tropes.

SP isn't the worst Bond film (DAD still holds that title), but to me it's the least watchable one.
    For all its flaws, it's still above the likes of Octopussy, A View To A Kill and The Man With The Golden Gun for me... And most definitely Skyfall (which is at the bottom of my list).
    Now that the dust has settled with Sp I know I will not have any large expectations about the next 007 fim, if it is with Craig none at all. I do not wan to find out that his auntie is a criminal and he has a halfbrother who is an assassin so the family trade is kept up. :D
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Now that the dust has settled with Sp I know I will not have any large expectations about the next 007 fim, if it is with Craig none at all. I do not wan to find out that his auntie is a criminal and he has a halfbrother who is an assassin so the family trade is kept up. :D

…and his grand-dad's Joe Stalin and in fact Bond's a double-agent and always has been!

…and his grand-dad's Joe Stalin and in fact Bond's a double-agent and always has been!
    ...And his ancestors handed over Scotland to the evil Englishmen.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

...And his ancestors handed over Scotland to the evil Englishmen.

Och aye!
    There's a lot still we can do with moneypenny's past. I'm more intereseted in that right now. Let's knock around some ideas for that?
    I like to see Moneypenny's school days when she and her friends, with a
    Big dog, wet around in a van solving mysteries. :D
    I like to see Moneypenny's school days when she and her friends, with a
    Big dog, wet around in a van solving mysteries. :D
    Nancy Drew In London. =))
    I see your point about the Scooby Dooby Doo Gang, but there's a lot of potential trauma and drama to be mined and further exploited with teveyrone at MI6. Do we really care is another question but we need something for the actors to do or else they won't feel they're earning theyri paycheckes.
    Then, perhaps they should narrow the A-List actor accounts down and hire lesser known "whosits" to make them 'feel' they're earning their paychecks. M, Moneypenny, Q, etc are all supporting backstage characters. Bond and the field are the primary importance.
    To be honest much as I love the office team, I watch Bond for Bond. ;)
    I want a Penelope Smallbone movie! *-:)