No Time to Die on Blu-ray

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @Gustav spreading his special brand of joy and happiness again.
  • RC7RC7
    SaintMark wrote: »
    I will wait till the movie can be bought in a sale or secondhand by somebody disappointed by the movie which is how I got QoB for free.

It'll be available 2nd hand in CeX within a day of release, as most films are.
    Not sure what Cex is?

While I was disappointed by SP, I am also underwhelmed by its contents. The UE dvd releases look like loaded by comparison, and are. I am disappointed how little extra's we get these days from EON. Which is why the buying of this release is not really a priority for me.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Computer exchange...buy and sell games, films, music, phones and tech. Been a member since 2007.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Computer exchange...buy and sell games, films, music, phones and tech. Been a member since 2007.

Thanks must be an American thing.
  • RC7RC7
    SaintMark wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »

Thanks must be an American thing.

British.
  • I don't know why anyone cares about there being no generic puff piece "making of" on the disc with everyone saying how great the film is and how great it was to work with this person, and how great the locations are, etc etc.

If you're reading this, you're on the internet. You can go on youtube and instantly get hours and hours of interviews and behind the scenes footage (official and unofficial), and if you want the true Making Of that would never appear on any sanctioned EON release, look at the Sony leaks for one of the most in-depth and truly revealing looks at what really goes on in the making of a Bond film.

It is interesting that there is no Sam Mendes commentary track, which I would have liked to have heard. He has actually done a commentary for every single one of his previous films, so maybe that in itself says something, and suggests a general reluctance from everyone involved about wanting to go "in depth" about the making of SPECTRE.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Am I the only one here that wants THE MOVIE??? :)
    I honestly couldn't care less about a commentary from Mendes, just give me a few deleted scenes & I'm happy.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I honestly couldn't care less about a commentary from Mendes, just give me a few deleted scenes & I'm happy.

We most likely aren't getting any deleted scenes, either. In comparison to the possibility of getting a Mendes commentary it'd be like climbing Everest sans oxygen. It just ain't happenin'.

We most likely aren't getting any deleted scenes, either. In comparison to the possibility of getting a Mendes commentary it'd be like climbing Everest sans oxygen. It just ain't happenin'.
    No deleted scenes?
    ~X(
  • RC7RC7

I just want the film. Now.
    I'd rather have the BD of SPECTRE right now than The Force Awakens...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    So would I.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

Ditto.
    We are true Bond fans.... B-)
    We are true Bond fans.... B-)

Yup :D ...
  • Just give me the friggin movie!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I didn't expect a steelbook that would closely resemble the title sequences, as God knows they cannot manage one equally-balanced collection outside of the box sets (which, obviously, will never be complete, either), but they could've done much, much, MUCH better than an all-black gunshot on glass with the title.

If they would produce all the films, with cover art of the main title sequence from that film, I would blow my lo.....

We had covert art montage Bond and badly photoshopped covert art Bond for the DVD's, they must be running out of ideas, surely? Perhaps when Bond 25 come out they will do this. It would make sense commercially. Maybe....
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'll wait for a copy to turn up in Poundland.

I once bought a copy of Ezra Pound's poetry in Poundland for a pound - :)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    tanaka123 wrote: »

I once bought a copy of Ezra Pound's poetry in Poundland for a pound - :)

Having worked there, I have learnt to check their DVD stock regularly. You can come across some surprising finds tucked away.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    My local lidl had the Bond DVD box set, with space for Spectre
    for £39:99.
    My local lidl had the Bond DVD box set, with space for Spectre
    for £39:99.

Really nice for you.

They are selling Bond in Lidl? Christ, how the mighty have fallen...
  • RC7RC7
    royale65 wrote: »
    They are selling Bond in Lidl? Christ, how the mighty have fallen...

Lidl is brilliant.
    For flapjack yes. But Bond, at that price? Positively shocking!
    This thread was more fun when the WWF thing was going on. :))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited January 2016 Posts: 40,471
    You know what? Screw the horrendous cover and the lack of special features, I'm just looking forward to turning off the lights, putting the blu-ray version of this movie in, cranking the volume, and enjoying the hell out of this movie.

EDIT: What do you all think: am I correct in assuming that this is a U.S. steelbook version of the movie on blu-ray? Doesn't specifically state it, but the cover has the same unique 'Only At Best Buy' logo that the recent steelbook re-releases had.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/spectre-blu-ray-disc/4871501.p?id=3529825&skuId=4871501&ref=199&loc=f7sX52tQY3I&acampID=1&siteID=f7sX52tQY3I-cdA4imJ31fyM10Nmo.ItgQ

If you all think it is, I'm going to go ahead and get it just so I don't have to worry about it selling out or something.
    You know what? Screw the horrendous cover and the lack of special features, I'm just looking forward to turning off the lights, putting the blu-ray version of this movie in, cranking the volume, and enjoying the hell out of this movie.

EDIT: What do you all think: am I correct in assuming that this is a U.S. steelbook version of the movie on blu-ray? Doesn't specifically state it, but the cover has the same unique 'Only At Best Buy' logo that the recent steelbook re-releases had.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/spectre-blu-ray-disc/4871501.p?id=3529825&skuId=4871501&ref=199&loc=f7sX52tQY3I&acampID=1&siteID=f7sX52tQY3I-cdA4imJ31fyM10Nmo.ItgQ

If you all think it is, I'm going to go ahead and get it just so I don't have to worry about it selling out or something.

I'm with you ...I'm going to have that same elation I had when I saw it in the cinema except this time I don't have to wear pants.

I'm also going to enjoy the film more this time I believe.

My sentiments exactly.