New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Don't worry, I thought I should just clear it from the start as it's not very clear from the name ;)
    You know, I didn't catch it as an error! Just saying "Man, this is great. Man, I'm tired ..." etc. is just an expression. So no worries, @JJMC. I know you can't tell from my user name. But if you squint at my avatar; it is me reading a Xmas story to children.

But yeah, I'm a woman and there are a few ladies here - two worth mentioning now are @Sandy; she is a devoted, long-time Bond fan, and @Germanlady, who is a VERY devoted Craig fan. And there are a handful of other women here. We gals are definitely in the minority but we feel welcome and some of us participate a good deal.

Good to see alot of "girl power" ;) here at mi6. Do you gals have a myspace or something?
    Lets not forget Tuulia.
    Hi girls, i know you all are very beautiful.
    LOL germanlady looks like you having a lot of fun in your pic :)
    BTW members can you please refer to me as "MeetBond" rather than Judi, getting kind of sick of that aspect of it? :l
  • DeLancieFan96DeLancieFan96 Banned
    hi guys. I'm a little shy this is my first forum I joined but i decided its time to get "out there" and live life a little. Hi everyone.
    And my favorite James Bond movie is Octopu**y (is that word allowed here?) it makes me feel at peace, its like a vacation movie. Bond gets off a boat, rides an elephant, meets some charming girls, roll credits.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    And my favorite James Bond movie is Octopu**y (is that word allowed here?) it makes me feel at peace, its like a vacation movie. Bond gets off a boat, rides an elephant, meets some charming girls, roll credits.

Welcome @DeLancieFan96 I hope you have a good time here! :) And yes it's okay to use the full word of Octopussy here. Also, for future reference if you want to add more to a previous comment posted, just use the edit button. Enjoy your stay. :)
    Thanks, M, I;ll remember the edit feature. RE OCTOPUSSY: And also he dresses up like a clown, thats my favorite reason!! I've performed as a clown at lots of birthday parties. Its kind of a sidejob/hobby.
  • Hi all.
    Welcome to the pages to the newest participants. Worth asking, what's the deal with some avatars, as some have actual shots from the James Bond movies, but doesn't that go beyond the pale on here or simply frowned upon. It's just that, you can't help noticing sometimes there's a few of these about, and some allowed, and others removed ? Only curious
  • I'd like to add an Avatar really, but don't have any idea how to do so. Any tips on stuff like that would be greatly appreciated by this technologically-challenged relic...
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Welcome, all.

@Beatles The image you want to use must be on your computer. click on your MI6 avatar or username to reveal your personal page. On the left side, click 'Change My Picture'. Browse your computer for the image file. Also, have a look at the 'Edit My Thumbnail' option, to use a smaller section of that image as the avatar that will be seen in your posts. See the 'Technical How-to Guide' link for more.
  • Okay, so I've now added an avatar. I guess old dogs CAN learn new tricks...!
  • And you are?

Bond~James Bond
    Hi all, I just signed up. I used to hang out over on another forum, but I've always liked the look of MI6-hq.com, so I thought I'd 'defect' over to this one.
    Life-long Bond fan, I also have an interest in wristwatches, fountain pens and typewriters. Yes, that's right. Typewriters.
    Oh, and I've got a blog (www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au) where I write about all of the above, as well as some Bond fanfics. That's where the typewriters sometimes come in handy. Great to use without internet distractions.
    Anyway, thanks for reading and I look forward to spending some time here among this community.
    Cheers, all!

-t
    Welcome to the community, guys. @teeritz, is that your PO/PPK in your avatar? Well done.
    @QBranch, yes, it's a 42mm Planet Ocean (I collect watches, and used to work in a wristwatch boutique) and a replica PPK that I got back in the '80s. I really ought to get around to hack-sawing it to pieces. The PPK, that is, not the PO.
    Thanks for the welcome!
    Lovely watch. I also love watches and to a lesser degree, fountain pens. Throughout the last year, I've bought a replica Submariner, Seamaster, PO and Mont Blanc fountain pen for the sole purpose of making gadgets out of them. The real deal will come later on once I've saved up enough money ;)
    @QBranch, Fountain pens are only really nifty if you use them. Thankfully, I don't have too many of them. Is a dozen too many?
    Watches are another story. Definitely expensive, to be sure, but you only really need one good one. And a PO or Submariner is a good one. I've wanted a Sub ever since I was a little kid, watching Roger Moore slice through rope with it in "Live And Let Die" during a Bond Double-Bill back in '74.
    A Bond and wristwatch obsession was born on that sunny Sunday afternoon.
    Welcome @teeritz, I used to have a thing for typing machines but, alas, those days are over for me.
    My parents had an impressive collection of fountain pens so I completely understand their appeal, they can be beautiful works of art.
    @Sandy, ahh, you should have kept one typewriter, in case of power failures. Thanks for the welcome, too.
    @teeritz I didn't get rid of them, they stayed (2 Olivetti) where they belonged, at my parents. In the meanwhile I moved to a different city, different country, etc... I just couldn't take one along.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I grew up typing on a manual Underwood. Classic. Wish I still had it, but I don't.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Welcome teeritz, friend. It seems that all my blog members are voting with their feet and leaving AJB and CBn to come to good old MI6. Well done! You're all very welcome here. (Perdogg, too).
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 12
    @Sandy, Oh, I get it now. Yes, even something like an Olivetti (Lettera 32?) can be a dog to lug around an airport.

@4EverBonded, Underwoods turn up often on eBay if you ever decide to take a trip down memory lane. Although, if you spend a lot of time on a computer keyboard, you'll be in for a mild shock when you tap away at typewriter keys again.

@Dragonpol, yes, a change is as good as a holiday. Thanks for the welcome.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    teeritz wrote:
    @Sandy, Oh, I get it now. Yes, even something like an Olivetti (Lettera 32?) can be a dog to lug around an airport.

@4EverBonded, Underwoods turn up often on eBay if you ever decide to take a trip down memory lane. Although, if you spend a lot of time on a computer keyboard, you'll be in for a mild shock when you tap away at typewriter keys again.

@Dragonpol, yes, a change is as good as a holiday. Thanks for the welcome.

My pleasure, I hope that you enjoy it here.

--Dragonpol.
  • JakeDelToroJakeDelToro Universal Exports
    edited May 2013 Posts: 28
    Hello one and all. Just joined after reading Dragonpol's suggestion on Twitter that disillusioned members of other forums should check this place out. So here I am.

Jake
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Welcome to the forums, Jake!

By all means post your story here:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/187/what-and-when-was-your-first-experience-of-007-/p2

Any quesions, just ask myself or any of our great mod/admin team.