New members - introduce yourself

Comments

Snow wrote:
    Hi! I'm Snow and I'm from the USA. I always wanted to live in the UK though ;;). My favorite Bond is the most awesome Daniel Craig. I love the rugged, yet stylish Bond. Any actor who wants to do his own daredevil stunts is awesome! =D>
    I am so looking forward to seeing Skyfall! Hope everyone has an awesome day! @};-

Are you female?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Germanlady wrote:
    Snow wrote:
    Hi! I'm Snow and I'm from the USA. I always wanted to live in the UK though ;;). My favorite Bond is the most awesome Daniel Craig. I love the rugged, yet stylish Bond. Any actor who wants to do his own daredevil stunts is awesome! =D>
    I am so looking forward to seeing Skyfall! Hope everyone has an awesome day! @};-

Are you female?
    XX or XY they have great taste. Best film CR, as well as best Fleming. If Sean is #2 in their rankings I'll be further pleased.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 6
    Hello everyone, I read the forum for a long time and decided to register :) greetings from Poland
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    dabkin wrote:
    Hello everyone, I read the forum for a long time and decided to register :) greetings from Poland

Greetings to you also @dabkin. Have a good time here
    I just had some questions on how much you guys think some of my collectables woud be worth. I have a Julius W. Harris as Tee Hee and George Lazenby as James bond
  • Hello everyone. I am jamesvahn007. Like everyone else, I am a James Bond fan.

Like my Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/jamesvahn888
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/jamesvahn007
    Visit my blog: http://jamesvahn007.wordpress.com/
    Hi buddies!

I'm Nicolás Suszczyk, editor of The GoldenEye Dossier (goldeneydossier.blogspot.com / Tw:@gedossier007). Probably some of you know me from my Facebook & Twitter profile and some notes in Archivo 007 (archivo007.com).
    Being completely against CBn dictatorial removal of my good friend Marketto (plus many other things), here I am in a place (I think) you can discuss ideas and not getting shut off when you do a mistake, etc.

Feel free to take Facebook and Twitter (@nsuszczyk) :)

BTW, somebody tell me if there's a mobile site for the boards.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Welcome aboard @NSuszczyk, and yes, MI6 have a mobile version. :)

xxx
    Welcome aboard @NSuszczyk, and yes, MI6 have a mobile version. :)

xxx

Wonderful!

Welcome @NSuszczyk, you're in a better home now! ;)
    I've posted a few things for the past two weeks, but I guess this is a more proper introduction...

Hello all. I live in New York and have been into Bond before I could properly understand what it really was. Like some of you perhaps, it's more than an interest for me, it's a genuine passion. That extends to the books as well, as I prefer the more serious approach to things. I find something to enjoying in all the portrayals, but I favor Connery, Craig and Dalton. OHMSS, FRWL, CR, LTK and GF are my top five, so that should give you an idea of what part of the sphere I stand on. But I'm nonetheless facinated by all the different comments I read from so many of you about everything.
    Thanks Slyfox! Marketto's account has been restablished. Still, this feels like a more relaxing board
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Indeed it is @NSuszczyk. This seems more relax and the somewhat cluttered CBN.
  • I'm the author of James Bond Unmasked (jamesbondunmasked.com), and I run a blog called Immersed in Movies (billdesowitz.com). I'm thrilled to join the MI6 community to discuss my thoughts and insights on 007.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Welcome @jamesbondunmasked! There's a lot of interest in your book already. Enjoy your time here at MI6!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'm the author of James Bond Unmasked (jamesbondunmasked.com), and I run a blog called Immersed in Movies (billdesowitz.com). I'm thrilled to join the MI6 community to discuss my thoughts and insights on 007.

Awesome to have you here @jamesbonunmasked! It would be great if we could ask you a few questions about your book.
  • Thanks for the warm welcome and interest in the book. I'd be happy to answer any questions about the book.
    Thanks for the warm welcome and interest in the book. I'd be happy to answer any questions about the book.

You could actually start your own thread for questions instead of us hogging up this thread. That'd be an easy way to ask and receive information.
  • Hi all, Been coming to this forum for a long time and thought it was time i finally joined. been a bond fan since i was 8 and my fav bond is Roger Moore, looking forward to talking to you all.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Hi all, Been coming to this forum for a long time and thought it was time i finally joined. been a bond fan since i was 8 and my fav bond is Roger Moore, looking forward to talking to you all.

Do be welcome to MI6 Forums! Nice choice as fav Bond, we hope to discuss him with you anytime you want. :)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Welcome aboard @BlofeldsCat555! If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM and I'll try to help you out.

Enjoy yourself.
  • Thanks for the welcome
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    saxby wrote:
    Hello everyone. I'm Paul. This is my first post on any forum. Please be gentle with me. I'm really looking forward to Skyfall and the 50th anniversary celebrations.

Welcome, Paul! Nice to have you on board, hope you'll join our discussions as soon as you can.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Welcome to the community guys!
    Not new to Bond, but new to this forum. Saw my first Bond movie on TV when I was 9. That was back in '80. Since then I've seen all the movies & read all the Ian Fleming novels, and a few of the Gardner books.
    Hey all...well, I suppose it's time I introduced myself. I'm Paul.

More of a lurker than a poster, but I'll try to rectify that....

First Bond film I ever saw was AVTAK and despite all it's flaws, I still have a huge soft spot for it. My favourite Bond film has to be either FYEO or CR. FYEO is Sir Roger's finest moment in my eyes. That kick to send Locque to his death still gives me the chills. CR is also a masterpiece and in DC, we have an outstanding Bond.

About me? A Brit living in Canada. Gutted that the UK will be getting Skyfall 2 weeks before us in North America. Maybe I should book a flight home in October just to see SF early...
    Maybe you should @Rogertheclown ;-)
    Welcome to The Community, all the fun is kicking off
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    And glad to see my username wasn't taken either!

The day I woke up and saw that the ol' MI6 Forums met its demise - I died a little inside - because for those of you who know me, will know that I spent an enduring amount of time and effort, particularly towards the latter stage of its life, posting on those boards. I think I had near 10, 000 posts in just over a year - while a fair bit I admit was spam - which would explain my duo bans - I know that the posts that were relevant I put a lot of thought into.

I've known these boards existed for a long time now, but never thought to register. This wasn't attributed to me not having a great time on the previous boards, but because I feel that I don't have the time anymore.

I'm a Sales Executive at a multibillion dollar corporation that owns over 80% market share in its industry. I've got a serious girlfriend (shocking to all those who really know me!) who I could only describe as Mila Kunis' doppleganger. Bottom line - I've got a lot of time - but it's filled.

I'm excited for the new Bond film - despite it's videogamesque name - and am going to try go to the premire screening over here. I thought the trailer looked great. I think the premise is really promising. I'm sure Craig as usual will be killer in the role.

My Bond tastes haven't changed, really.

I don't intent on coming back - but you never say never - I might post here and there. I don't think this layout is great, but having read a couple of posts, apparently I'm not alone.

I'm looking to start a blog on style, fashion, archeticture, cars, girls and Bond. I'll post the link once I've got it up and running.

How's everyone going? Does Lazenby and the others still post here?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 23,536
    Octopussy wrote:
    I don't intent on coming back - but you never say never - I might post here and there. I don't think this layout is great, but having read a couple of posts, apparently I'm not alone.

Actually, OP, it was over a year ago since complaints about the layout, mostly a matter of getting used to the next style, faded away. We've seen some impressive activity around here in the mean time. The forum's warmth and elegance have been praised countless times so far. Members have discovered interesting novelties that make the new forum stand out as a fine place for people who want to discuss Bond. Ultimately, the fun of it all is in the content of the posts, not so much in the gizmos and buttons scattered around it, wouldn't you agree? ;-)
    Agreed Dimi, agreed. Our new forums seem to generate Bond related debate rather than Star Trek and Star Wars which is great, and at 100,000 posts plus already in our short time here I think our members are getting plenty out of the forum. Long may it continue.
    Welcome back OP, I hope your job and girlfriend don't take up too much of your time.