Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Who else in here was a huge 'Splinter Cell' fan again, as well? Can't recall who, but anyway, the developers confirm that they are busy at the moment but certainly haven't forgotten about the 'Splinter Cell' series, so I suppose a future for the series is still in store!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/13/e3-2017-ubisoft-not-forgetting-splinter-cell-says-ceo

*raises hand*

Splinter Cell is one of my favourite game series, with Pandora Tomorrow being in my holy trinity of spy games. This is good news. I enjoyed Blacklist, and I don't think that it deserved the reception it got.

Agreed! SC is fantastic, especially the first three games; my favourite being Chaos Theory.

Double Agent is hands down my favorite. Hoping they release one for PS4 soon.

@Last_Rat_Standing, I think it's been all but confirmed that Ubi are working on something Splinter Cell related, with Michael Ironside (if they don't they're fools).
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    They have to. Perhaps they'll work on it soon with Far cry 5 finishing soon. Another future buy of mine.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    That Spider-Man games looks like it could be worth looking in to. I did enjoy Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, especially the noir sections.

I enjoyed Blacklist, but there was no reason why Ironside had to leave. Keep Ironside on as Fisher, and hire a stunt man for the mo-cap stuff.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I would have liked to play blacklist. It's the only Splinter Cell game that I have yet to play. Stupid PS4 and their lack of backwards compatibility
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    For what it's worth, being an XBox exclusive, I never played Conviction. Though having watched gamplay videos, it doesn't look like I have missed out on much. It looks like the Hitman: Abomination of the Splinter Cell series.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The developers have confirmed that no Tom Clancy title of there's is dead to them, so we will get another 'Splinter Cell' title in the future. It's just a question of when.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 4,415
    For what it's worth, being an XBox exclusive, I never played Conviction. Though having watched gamplay videos, it doesn't look like I have missed out on much. It looks like the Hitman: Abomination of the Splinter Cell series.

I really enjoyed Conviction. It was different in a sense. More action less stealth, except for one level in which you had to break into the CIA. Storywise it wasn't bad either. It just was very different. Fisher felt less stiff to control.
    Might I suggest an idea for the trailer of the next game:

"It's a new world... with new threats... and new enemies... but you can still depend... on one man.... *cue activation sound of Fishers goggles*."
    Only a few days ago, I was thinking about what remasters I would like to see come to the PS4. One of the first game(s) that came to mind were remasters of the action/sci fi/horror game Fear Effect and it's sequel, Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix.

And then yesterday, I come across this:
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3454536/gamescom-fear-effect-returns-2018/

That will be a release day purchase.

@MajorDSmythe, as I was reading your comment and stumbled upon that name, I immediately wanted to let you know you'd be in for a real treat, until I saw that link. Hadn't heard of the game before until I saw that remaster listed.

• This is shaping up nicely now. Loved the look of the open world and all the stuff in it and now the story seems interesting too.

I read a fan theory which I think might be spot on: Bayek, the main character, is the last of the Medjay, who are basically the police. He seems to be working with Ceasar and Cleopatra to stop this weird masked cult from bringing Egypt into chaos. But working from the shadows to cause chaos is pretty much the assassin MO isn't it? And from past games we know that Ceasar and Cleopatra are eventually killed by assassin's. And the assassin who used cleopatra used a snake (the imagery between the targets, who have reptile codenames like the crocodile and the lizard, and her death through a snake bite seems too similar to be coincidental). So the theory is that towards the end when he's pretty much wiped them out, he'll discover that he's been on the wrong side and that this cult actually have good intentions. So he decides to finish what they started and forms the assassins. I think it sounds very believeable, it's just the sort of twisty morally grey stuff the series loves. He also has a wife who I think works for cleopatra and they've said that their relationship is vital to the series as a whole. So I'm thinking that they'll split and she ends up forming the Templars. Bayek probably kills her at the end. Their daugher is the Assassin who kills cleopatra.
    'LA Noire' will be coming to next-gen consoles at the end of the year, alongside a VR version of the game:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-23203-L-A--Noire-Coming-This-November-to-PlayStation-4-With-Visual-Enhancements.html
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    'LA Noire' will be coming to next-gen consoles at the end of the year, alongside a VR version of the game:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-23203-L-A--Noire-Coming-This-November-to-PlayStation-4-With-Visual-Enhancements.html

Just got an e-mail from Rockstar about this, and was shocked. I wonder if Rockstar has it in the cards to do a remaster for Red Dead, the only game of theirs that I actually wanted one of these for. If they were smart they'd release a remaster leading up to the 2018 release of #2, to get fans excited and to cash in on gullible folks like myself that'd love to see an updated and more polished version of a great game.
    The only remaster I'm dying to have from them is GTA IV, the only installment since the third one that has yet to be remastered. It's available via backwards compatibility on the XB1, of course, but zero playable options for it on the PS4. Breaks my heart.
    The only remaster I'm dying to have from them is GTA IV, the only installment since the third one that has yet to be remastered. It's available via backwards compatibility on the XB1, of course, but zero playable options for it on the PS4. Breaks my heart.

@Creasy47,GTA IV would be interesting to see a remaster for, but it's not something I'm craving. I just think Red Dead should've had priority for not only how much the game could be improved by a touch up, but for how much more beautiful the world could be with more immersive textures and effects laid on in the characters and environments. Instead we got a GTA V remaster that added a first person point of view I'd never use and the ability for more foliage and cars, which really doesn't change the experience all that much from a game that came out less than two years earlier.

I'm just a sucker for Red Dead, as you know, so that's where my heart is at. I still have a little hope that behind the curtain one of Rockstar's studios have been working on that remaster like one of theirs was with the LA Noire one that never got leaked. I can't imagine them releasing Red Dead 2 without first releasing the remaster of what could be considered their magnum opus creation (hard to say with them, but I'd say that is the gold standard for them) alongside the DLC zombie content.
    I think I'd say that GTA IV is my favorite game ever, so I'll likely crave a remaster of it until the day finally comes...if it ever does, that is. I'd like to think with 'L.A. Noire' becoming yet another remaster of theirs, GTA IV isn't too far out.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    All while Red Dead Revolver has slipped into obscurity.

Rockstar has never been a giant fan of remasters, so it's no surprise to me that Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV haven't been ported. I was genuinely surprised when I heard about this LA Noire remaster, and that it was coming to Switch.

Rockstar has never been a giant fan of remasters, so it's no surprise to me that Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV haven't been ported. I was genuinely surprised when I heard about this LA Noire remaster, and that it was coming to Switch.

@Agent007391, well Revolver is on both the PS3 and PS4 classics section of PSN, and that's all the other PS2 games get so it's being made available to those that enjoy it.

Or do you mean that you want a sequel to that game too, and not just what seems to be a sequel revolving around the Marston story?
    I think I'd say that GTA IV is my favorite game ever, so I'll likely crave a remaster of it until the day finally comes...if it ever does, that is. I'd like to think with 'L.A. Noire' becoming yet another remaster of theirs, GTA IV isn't too far out.

And Red Dead is mine, so we seem to be coming at it from the same path. I wouldn't rule anything out at this point, as Rockstar's business model is now heavily money focused and pushing remasters of old games would just be another way to bring in the bucks on top of the Shark Cards people get for GTA Online (don't understand why people do it, but it's making them millions).

The only other major title I can think of that hasn't had a second release is their Max Payne game, and I'd love to see them do more with that series. The overall mechanics and gunplay in their games has never been better than in that game for me, it was smooth and responsive while still making you feel like you were in Max's heavy shoes. One thing Rockstar always struggles with are the controls, and the sometimes stiff movement of how the characters animated and shoot. Hopefully Red Dead 2 improves what I already found to be a satisfying bit of mechanics to make them even smoother.

They are inconsistent when it comes to controls, because just playing their latest GTA V and seeing how "off" it feels and controls is jarring. Certainly not near their best.
    The first Max Payne is a PS2 Classic currently. Would love for the sequel to receive the same treatment! That game was phenomenal.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

@Agent007391, well Revolver is on both the PS3 and PS4 classics section of PSN, and that's all the other PS2 games get so it's being made available to those that enjoy it.

Or do you mean that you want a sequel to that game too, and not just what seems to be a sequel revolving around the Marston story?

All I'm saying is that people seem to believe Red Dead is just Redemption, and Revolver has faded into obscurity. Rockstar themselves seem to feel this way, as they didn't give the third game a different R title and instead went Redemption 2.
    Revolver was a blast when I played the original. Been so long since, I should pick up the PS2 Classic version of it soon.

All I'm saying is that people seem to believe Red Dead is just Redemption, and Revolver has faded into obscurity. Rockstar themselves seem to feel this way, as they didn't give the third game a different R title and instead went Redemption 2.

@Agent007391, I can't really comment on that, or the validity of the statement that gamers have forgotten Revolver.

We know virtually nothing about the context of the story in Redemption 2, so we can't say either way why Rockstar called it that. I will offer a prediction, or rather an instinctual guess, that the game was named as a sequel and not with a new title because it will have some connection to the first Redemption in some way, shape or form, that could tie back to John and his story before the events of that game.

If the game was unconnected to John, I thin Rockstar would've done as you suggest, and given it a new "R" title. That they didn't should tell us a lot. We just have to wait for the first story trailer to see if my observations and sense of it are right.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I need this in my life so badly. :D
    Murdock wrote: »
    I need this in my life so badly. :D

I will be buying that for certain. Going to be amazing I'm sure!
    It's like someone at Nintendo read my mind of what I wanted in my dream Mario game and gave me more. :P
    @Murdock, that games looks absolutely bonkers and varied. Hope it's a good one for all the fans.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, For me personally, it's a long time coming. I don't think I've played a Mario game this big since 2007. :-bd
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Looks fantastic.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, For me personally, it's a long time coming. I don't think I've played a Mario game this big since 2007. :-bd

It has that Mario Galaxy feel, in that it's going where I don't think Mario has ever been, and has a wacky and vibrant edge to it that really sets it apart.

It has that Mario Galaxy feel, in that it's going where I don't think Mario has ever been, and has a wacky and vibrant edge to it that really sets it apart.

And that's exactly what I love about it! If you had told me last year this game exist, I would have been like. Pfff no way. :))