Comments

• edited December 2013 Posts: 9,779
    Risico007 wrote:
    I really want to read sometime early next year the head line

Ubisoft is given License to Thrill
    the team behind Splinter Cell is also working on a New James Bond Game

how cool would that be

I'd rather it be Konami. FOX Engine = Awesome gameplay & great visuals

Give me Daniel Craig's Voice and likeness and I am happy. and a strong story
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Risico007 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    I really want to read sometime early next year the head line

Ubisoft is given License to Thrill
    the team behind Splinter Cell is also working on a New James Bond Game

how cool would that be

I'd rather it be Konami. FOX Engine = Awesome gameplay & great visuals

Give me Daniel Craig's Voice and likeness and I am happy. and a strong story

That's why I love Blood Stone.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Here's a new trailer for season two of 'The Walking Dead':

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=112443
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    This is quite interesting

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/report-two-assassin-s-creed-games-coming-in-2014-series-under-massive-re-scope/1100-6416807/

If this is true, I think the ps4/xbox one game will be Assassin's Creed 5 and it'll be another big leap forward, and it'll change a lot of the gameplay with a brand new setting, much better graphics, new combat, etc.

The ps3/360 game will probably build off what AC 3 and AC 4 bought to the table and I'm betting won't contain any modern day stuff (they wouldn't be able to put the overarching story in two games). It won't be a numbered title, maybe it'll be a sequel with Connor, or at least it'll be set around the same time as the last two games because I'm betting the gameplay will be the same.

I think this is a good idea. This way they don't abandon the massive amount of people who still play on 360/ps3, but they're also free to make a game without the restrictions of making it for the old systems.

Plus with Liberation (which I haven't played before) out on the main consoles next month, I'll have 3 assassin's creed games to play in one year :D

If this does turn out to be true then I'll have to start putting money aside so I can get an xbox one once the game comes out.
    First look at Alien: Isolation:

Any non-bad thoughts on this? ;-)
  • I really like the idea of it (horror game, based more off the original film, etc), but I'm finding it hard to get excited about it after the last one.

Even though the reviews for Colonial Marines were awful, I thought I'd make my mind up for myself. Not this time. If the reviews are crap then I'm not buying it.
    Plus how much of the footage shown in that video will be in the finished game? I don't think fans will accept the wool being pulled over the eyes a second time.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 12,837
    To be fair it's being made by different people so maybe we should give them the benefit of the doubt until reviews start coming in.

Here's a way they could get people to have faith in the game: a demo. I don't mean an unplayable one shown to the press and put on Youtube that could be completely fake, I mean a proper one that we can get off xbox live and play. Not enough people do this.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Yes, I've just looked up the company responsible for the development. Not exactly what you'd call a flattering CV.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Y'know, I think I'm one of the few people who had little faith in Colonial Marines, and at this moment have yet to play the game, but this one actually looks pretty good.
    'Isolation' looks fantastic, but yes, after the last one, I'll most certainly hold off on this one until reviews are released and the price is dropped.
    The main nominees for the BAFTA Game awards have been announced:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/26151302

I'm hoping The Last Of Us wins big. Of all the games I played last year, it was by far the best.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 1,009
    As a fan of Traveller's Tales since the times of Puggsy on MD/GEN, I'm looking forward to get The Lego Movie Videogame for my PS4
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    For anyone interested, there is a sale on Rockstar Games titles on the PlayStation Network, where all the games are 75% off!

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/rockstar-games-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_ROCKSTARSALE14?emcid=em-ga-12758
  • As a fan of Traveller's Tales since the times of Puggsy on MD/GEN, I'm looking forward to get The Lego Movie Videogame for my PS4

I know it's very, very unpolite to autoquote, but I bought Lego the Movie and I'm just waiting to get it at home. Has anyone tried it?
    As a fan of Traveller's Tales since the times of Puggsy on MD/GEN, I'm looking forward to get The Lego Movie Videogame for my PS4

I know it's very, very unpolite to autoquote, but I bought Lego the Movie and I'm just waiting to get it at home. Has anyone tried it?

(Very unpolite to autoquote... huh?)

Anyway. I've not played The Lego Movie Videogame, but from what I've heard, it's better to have seen the film before you play the game, otherwise seeing the film is completely ruined for you. The game sticks unwelcomely close to the film, apparently. Other than that, it apparently plays exactly like any other Lego game by TT Games. Also, a Lego version of Milhouse from The Simpsons is supposedly blurred out, for some reason.
  • As a fan of Traveller's Tales since the times of Puggsy on MD/GEN, I'm looking forward to get The Lego Movie Videogame for my PS4

(Very unpolite to autoquote... huh?)

Anyway. I've not played The Lego Movie Videogame, but from what I've heard, it's better to have seen the film before you play the game, otherwise seeing the film is completely ruined for you. The game sticks unwelcomely close to the film, apparently. Other than that, it apparently plays exactly like any other Lego game by TT Games. Also, a Lego version of Milhouse from The Simpsons is supposedly blurred out, for some reason.

I wasn't that interested about the movie, so "watching it" in game form is OK for me... But I'm kinda fond of Milhouse Van Houten. If he was supposed to be in the game and he has been blurred out, it will be a small, very small, dissapiointnent.

Thanks, dude!
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Does anyone else on here watch South Park? The game is out in a few weeks and I'm pretty sure it's going to be brilliant. It looks hilarious, very faithful to the show (lots of references for fans) and fun to play.

It's like Skyrim, you get an open world full of quests and you level up, use potions, etc. Just being able to explore South Park and interact with all the characters is going to be awesome. I've been watching this guy play it and now I really can't wait.

Seems like it's basically a really long, fully interactive south park episode. I was disappointed when they delayed it but it looks like it's worth the wait.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Less than one month and counting for MGS. Cant wait to get home from work and get right into it!
    Good news. Rocksteady have returned to complete the finale in the Batman: Arkham series.

Here's a trailer for Batman: Arkham Knight.

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    From Game Informer:

"Last Batman game for Rocksteady, will work on something totally new next."

Can we expect something true to Bond fans this time around?
    That looks amazing! too bad I wont be able to play it. Looks like its next gen only from the last few frames of the trailer. a shame really
    That looks amazing! too bad I wont be able to play it. Looks like its next gen only from the last few frames of the trailer. a shame really

That's already pissed off a lot of people. It wouldn't surprise me if it gets a current-gen release (maybe slightly dumbed down).
    I can see why, been playing the series since it came out.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837
    The problem is that they can't make the best of the new consoles if they have to put it on the old ones too. The people behind Assassin's Creed 4 talked about this, saying it was a nightmare trying to make something that'd be good on the old ones and the new ones.

It doesn't make sense from a sales standpoint too. Why would people buy whole new consoles when the same games are coming out on ps3 and 360?
    The problem is that they can't make the best of the new consoles if they have to put it on the old ones too. The people behind Assassin's Creed 4 talked about this, saying it was a nightmare trying to make something that'd be good on the old ones and the new ones.

It doesn't make sense from a sales standpoint too. Why would people buy whole new consoles when the same games are coming out on ps3 and 360?

That's when you add some sort of exclusive, like extra missions, DLC, that sort of thing. The game developers care sh*t about which console sells better, they just want their games to sell (unless they're a first-party developer, then they do care).
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837
    http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/1zww7j/im_not_sure_how_many_of_you_have_seen_this_but/

A picture of the lead in the next Assassin's Creed game which is apparently being announced tomorrow. Also somebody on Reddit posted this

iddv1t.jpg

My guess: there are two games coming out, one on ps3/360, one on ps4/xbox one (that was rumoured a few months ago, I posted a thing about it futher up the page). The xbox one game is Assassin's Creed V. The xbox 360 game is a spin off with Ezio being the main character once again.
    After hearing so many good things about 'Assassin's Creed IV,' I'm pretty interested in trying it out on the PS4. I need to get around to my retail games more, as I've been wanting to check that out, along with 'Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition' and 'Thief.'