Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    My only worry would be whether or not the sequel actually has the first game's characters or not. I loved playing as Cole, because Thomas Jane played him fantastically, and I'd want him to come back.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2014 Posts: 40,492
    You and I both, I thought Jane was amazing in it. Who knows if they would return after all of these years, though.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

Same s**t, year after year.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I watched that trailer and I couldn't help but think "RoboCop 2014 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier turned into a video game". Spacey's monologue sounded just like Samuel L. Jackson's rant in a RoboCop 2014 trailer, while at the same time sounding like a speech by a character near the end of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Now, while the game does look like the usual COD bullsh*t, it does look better than Ghosts did, so maybe, if it comes out for current gen (PS3/360) consoles as well, maybe I'll give it a play and see if it's at least somewhat good. Sadly, the series hasn't hit a high note since Black Ops, which had the best story mixed with that usual COD gameplay.
    *YAWN*
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I thought that actually looked quite cool. I might get this.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It does kind of feel like Activision want everyone to accept them as gaming masters now just because Kevin Spacey is in this new game. As if his inclusion alone wipes away the criticisms posed against their past titles like Ghosts.
    It does kind of feel like Activision want everyone to accept them as gaming masters now just because Kevin Spacey is in this new game. As if his inclusion alone wipes away the criticisms posed against their past titles like Ghosts.

And Ghosts, hilariously, had Spacey's Superman Returns co-star, Brandon Routh.
    Well, @Creasy47, the odds of a sequel to Gun are now pretty much between zero and zero.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/03/call-of-duty-developer-infinity-ward-absorbing-neversoft

Activision already robbed us of Bizarre Creations and Eurocom, now we can add Neversoft to the list, even if they are just being absorbed into Infinity Ward.
    I love seeing people fall into the CoD hype once more around the Internet. So what if Kevin Spacey is in it? That'll be in the SP, NOT the MP, which is what 99% of the players purchase the game for. Since Zampella and West worked on CoD, left, made Respawn Entertainment, and made 'Titanfall,' this seems to be cashing in on the 'Titanfall' hype, and will be equally garbage, just like the last few iterations in the series.

Also, 'Advanced Warfare'? Nice to see a lot of ideas were shot back and forth on the drawing board. I also love how it says that the game was 'carefully researched,' yet they stamp on a generic tagline (yet again) and add in more generic features. They'll obviously never understand that the ENTIRE engine needs a complete overhaul. Some of us don't need new perks, weapons, maps, features, etc., just a brand new game.

@Agent007391, I saw that the other day and thought the same thing. It's a damn shame hidden gems like 'Gun' get a one-and-done type deal, and games like CoD will spew out yearly installments.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I love seeing people fall into the CoD hype once more around the Internet. So what if Kevin Spacey is in it? That'll be in the SP, NOT the MP, which is what 99% of the players purchase the game for. Since Zampella and West worked on CoD, left, made Respawn Entertainment, and made 'Titanfall,' this seems to be cashing in on the 'Titanfall' hype, and will be equally garbage, just like the last few iterations in the series.

Also, 'Advanced Warfare'? Nice to see a lot of ideas were shot back and forth on the drawing board. I also love how it says that the game was 'carefully researched,' yet they stamp on a generic tagline (yet again) and add in more generic features. They'll obviously never understand that the ENTIRE engine needs a complete overhaul. Some of us don't need new perks, weapons, maps, features, etc., just a brand new game.

A game engine first developed 7 years ago!! That's why they can churn out these games every 12 months. Very little development goes into them.
    @WillyGalore, you said it. It must be easy to sit back, do as little work as humanly possible, and rake in the money. I also heard that whoever is making 'Advanced Warfare' is focusing on next-gen only, and another company is doing the current-gen port, but I would bet all the money in the world that the game will still look generic and mediocre, visually. Show me however many high-res PC graphics you want, the graphics from CoD games on next-gen still aren't as good as even BF3 on the 360/PS3.
    I'm not sure how excited I am now about Uncharted 4, given the recent departures from the development team. This sheds some light on what we may expect at E3:

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-last-guardian-and-uncharted-4-release-dates-and-e3-2014-details-hinted
    I'm not bowled over by a return to a jungle setting or a time jump between Nate and Francis Drake.
    I imagine the Francis Drake portion would be a prologue, in which the main focus of the game is highlighted and teased, and then the rest of the game, save perhaps a flashback later, would be played as Nathan Drake. It's something I've actually been waiting for since Uncharted 2.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    E3 this year might actually be worth watching. I'll be on the look-out for Uncharted and Batman news for sure, as those are the only games coming up on next-gen I would ever buy. I'm interested to see where both games go, and what sneak peeks we'll get to see. I only hope they don't spoil us too much.
    I'm hoping for some Resident Evil and Metal Gear news.
    After the massive disappointment of both Resi Evil 5 and 6, I wouldn't be bothered if they never made any more.
    After the massive disappointment of both Resi Evil 5 and 6, I wouldn't be bothered if they never made any more.

6 was better than 5, and Revelations was better than 6.
    I'm looking forward to seeing more of Assassin's Creed Unity, since they've been very secretive about it so far (there's been nothing since that reveal trailer). I'm really excited to see what they can pull off on the new consoles and I'm looking forward to seeing more of Paris, as well as the new assassin, the combat, etc. Overall the series has a really good track record and after the brilliant AC IV, I'm confident that this one will be very good too. I think it's going to be another big jump, like Revelations to AC 3. So new combat, really improved graphics, etc.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the new Batman game. I was disappointed in Arkham Origins (lifeless setting, half of which we'd seen in Arkham City, the gameplay was nothing new and the story bored me), but the new one looks fantastic. Can't wait to drive the Bat Mobile.

I want to see more of the next Call Of Duty too. That trailer looked really cool, Kevin Spacey's in it and it looks really fun. Didn't bother with Ghosts but I think I'm going to get this one.

Assassin's Creed, Batman, COD and FIFA are the games I'm planning on getting this year.
    Microsoft goes back on their word, announcing a $399 Kinect-less Xbox One, which will be released on June 9th.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-18091-Microsoft-Announces-Kinect-less-Xbox-One-Console.html
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Microsoft goes back on their word, announcing a $399 Kinect-less Xbox One, which will be released on June 9th.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-18091-Microsoft-Announces-Kinect-less-Xbox-One-Console.html

I'm assuming therefore the PS4 is currently outselling the ONE?
    @WillyGalore, by a large amount, yes. I believe it's in the millions.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @WillyGalore, by a large amount, yes. I believe it's in the millions.

Microsoft have made one PR blunder after another, which is probably down to complacency and this is the position they've left themselves in.
    I lost all trust in them, and they don't stick to their guns at all. At E3, they stated that the XB1 was going to be always online, digital is the way, etc. etc. Overall, they saw it as the way of the future. Fans complained? They scrapped all those plans. Now that the XB1 is heavily underselling in comparison to the PS4, they are removing the Kinect and dropping the price point, something they should've done from the get go. But, most fans are stating that they can't imagine using the XB1 without a Kinect, as the voice commands are very helpful. They should've at least priced it at $400 from launch.

So much for the Kinect being part of the DNA of the XB1 and being an integral feature. It's the fact that they don't stick to their word and continuously change their mind when it's too late that has me shaking my head.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Begin Sarcasm: Who saw that coming?! :End Sarcasm

I know they would from the moment it was announced that you could turn the Kinect off.
    @Agent007391, you and I both. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest, it was only a matter of time.
    I've heard that a lot on the internet, that Microsoft should've stuck to their original plan. I don't really understand. Microsoft recognised that they f**ked up, listened to customer feedback and changed a lot. And now they get shit for not sticking to their guns?

Idk, the whole "console war" idea seems stupid to me. It's a video game console ffs. It's not a war, it's just sad, sad people arguing with others over which system is better. Just pick one and enjoy it.
    edited May 2014 Posts: 40,492
    I'm not pointing out which one is better - I just go with whatever is more appealing to me, I lack favoritism any longer - I'm just saying that they initially made the whole XB1 outlook and plan out to be permanent, that this was the way of the future...yet they don't stick with their business plan and they change it. Then, they decide to lie to their fans and customers, telling them that there cannot be a Kinect-less XB1 because it's an integral feature and is part of the DNA of the console. Sure enough, you can get one of those next month.

I, too, dislike the whole console war. I only sat here picking and choosing a favorite so I was sure I was getting my money's worth, and now, neither system really seems worth it. I just wish all the companies could integrate, create one supreme console, and everyone is happy. A man can dream.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm not pointing out which one is better - I just go with whatever is more appealing to me, I lack favoritism any longer - I'm just saying that they initially made the whole XB1 outlook and plan out to be permanent, that this was the way of the future...yet they don't stick with their business plan and they change it.

Because everyone was complaining. They're a business at the end of the day and as a business they will pick the option that gets them the most money (same goes for Sony). With all the original stuff (always online, etc) there was a massive backlash. They realised that they'd pissed off a lot of people and that their sales would suffer so they changed it. That's what I don't get: people complain, so Microsoft listen to feedback and change it, and then people complain about them not sticking to their guns.

And isn't this a good thing really? The console is a lot better for it. My 360 constantly says it can't connect to xbox live so if I'd bought an Xbox One and they'd stuck to their original plan then it'd be useless to me.
    I liked the ideas they had coming out of the gate, but the always online thing would've screwed a whole lot of people over. It's a competition between MS and Sony, because of course MS wants to reign once more in the console department, but with Sony quite a few million units ahead, I don't think a price change will really matter at this point. I guess we'll see. Either way, I still wish I had just stuck with my 360 and waited another year or so.