Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Maybe is that the thing they said it was a surprise and that there was coming more stuff?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Maybe is that the thing they said it was a surprise and that there was coming more stuff?

Are you referring to the little bit of the video that included the new artwork? If so, I do believe so. I'm looking forward to it. These next couple of weeks are going to bring so much: 'Assassin's Creed 3,' 'Halo 4,' 'Hitman: Absolution,' 'Dishonored,' seeing SF as many times as possible, finishing up my James Bond blu-ray collection, and now a massive 'GTA V' reveal. Beautiful.
  • Popped up on the Youtube homepage.

edited October 2012 Posts: 40,551
    The same thing happened with me when I just completed the game on Hard. I was on the last mission, and I:
    took control of a little robot to clear the way for my friendlies. Needless to say, I jokingly knifed the robot after the section was over, and I just fell over and died, even though the robot was incredibly irrelevant from that stage onward.

'Medal of Honor: Warfighter' is plagued with so many problems. But, there is a positive side to this, as the 'Hardcore' achievement - which involves you completing the entirety of the game on Normal difficulty (I believe) in one sitting without dying - has paved the way to its own set of glitches, allowing me to copy checkpoints for usage later.

Thus, it doesn't matter when I die, as long as I have a fairly recent checkpoint (to avoid ripping out my hair with rage and ire). So, with that, I can beat the game using this method whenever I choose.
    'Grand Theft Auto V' pre-order details already released involving Target store chains, which grants you a picture viewer of some of the games locations, alongside a letter that promotes the coming of the second trailer. Also, the game is now confirmed for Spring 2013:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13314-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Pre-Order-Gubbins-Leaked--New-Locations-Revealed.html
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    With so many delayed games from this year such as God of War and Tomb Raider I wonder how well the next Grand Theft Auto will sell, come May. No problem, I'd expect but it is interesting to think about.
  • I'm off to buy AC 3 now. I'll tell you what I think of it soon.

I normally take a while completing games though, especially open world ones, so don't expect to hear my thoughts on the ending anytime soon.
    If you all see this new information floating about today about GTA V, don't believe it. It's been confirmed to be fake, which is good, as I really don't want to play as two different people:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13329-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Infosplosion-Leaks-Ahead-of-December-Reveal.html

ACIII is great so far, but the collectibles/side quests seem pretty tough, there are a few bugs, and the story is incredibly slow and dull.
    'GTA V' pre-order retailers list has been revealed; Rockstar confirms GI cover story later this week, alongside an update on Trailer #2 release date. It's starting...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13334-Rockstar-Lists-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Pre-order-Retailers.html
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'm off to buy AC 3 now. I'll tell you what I think of it soon.

I normally take a while completing games though, especially open world ones, so don't expect to hear my thoughts on the ending anytime soon.

Do let us know what you think. I still have not picked up a copy of AC3 yet, but I did have a statement from GAME telling me I had £14.75 worth of points. Guess what i'm going to use it on. \:D/
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    @MajorDSmythe So far so good. Graphics look amazing, animations are brilliant. I struggled with the parkour, holding down A can really screw things up (you just press RT now), so that'll take some getting used to.

So far Desmond has been the main focus (I only played for about an hour though).

Anyone who didn't play the past games will probably be very confused by the story. It takes a while before you play as Connor.
    First you're Desmond, then Connors dad. The first proper level is in a opera house, reminded me a little bit of TLD. Great opening.

Also the bit I played has English good guys so I don't think this will be an America f*ck yeah game lik the marketing makes out.
    'GTA V' trailer confirmed for next week:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13335-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Trailer-#2-Scheduled-For-Next-Week.html

@thelivingroyale, yeah, you don't get to play as Connor for quite some time, and you aren't the proper assassin until even later than that.
  • AC 3 is great and the story is cool, but so far Connor hasn't really intrested me.

I miss Ezio. Such a great character.
    AC 3 is great and the story is cool, but so far Connor hasn't really intrested me.

I miss Ezio. Such a great character.

That's how I feel. Not only does it take a good while to get into the shoes of the proper assassin Connor, but he just isn't that great of a character.

Did anyone pick up 'Halo 4'? If so, what are your thoughts? I'm loving it so far. I got it at midnight and brought it back to my college campus for some friendly competition, and we had a good turnout. The MP is fun, the SP (and the corresponding graphics) are amazing, and I'm loving the different type of HUD. Definitely worth the money.

Now it's a two week wait for my most anticipated game this year: 'Hitman: Absolution.'
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Next Uncharted game accidently revealed...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/07/uncharted-fight-for-fortune-unintentionally-announced
    No Naughty Dog?

:-?
    Either tomorrow or Friday, we should have the official GI reveal for 'GTA V.'
    'GTA V' is gearing up today. The GI cover has been released, confirming that we will play as three different characters. Consider me heavily uninterested (and very disappointed) that I waited a year for this.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13370-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-December-GI-Cover-Reveals-Three-Protagonists.html
  • I'd actually rather they'd waited until, lets say the summer, to release the trailer. That wa we wouldn't have waited a whole year for this.

Not sure yet about the 3 characters idea. I'll probably pick a favourite and only mainly play as him anyway. They REALLY need to release trailer 2.
    Next Uncharted game accidently revealed...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/07/uncharted-fight-for-fortune-unintentionally-announced
    No Naughty Dog?

:-?

It also says more or less no violence. So I think it could be some kind of spin off type thing.

AC 3 is much better now I'm Connor. Running around the open world has neve been more fun and the new combat is simpler, but much more fluid.
    @thelivingroyale, given that we aren't forced to use all three of the characters. They may go the way of the 'GTA IV' DLC and force us to play the missions in different ways as the three separate protagonists, which will really tire me out of the game. Now, if it's something to where we can play as one of the three, or switch if we ever so choose, and we aren't forced to play as all three? I'll be happy.

Of course, it also goes without saying that it could be a cool concept once I try it out or see it in action. Until then, I'm not enthused or interested.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'GTA V' is gearing up today. The GI cover has been released, confirming that we will play as three different characters. Consider me heavily uninterested (and very disappointed) that I waited a year for this.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13370-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-December-GI-Cover-Reveals-Three-Protagonists.html

Is this some kind of sick joke or what? This is turning into a COD change characters 10 times during play kinda thing.....sorry I am out on this game.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 40,551
    @WillardWhyte, that's how I felt. I'm reading the scans now. Scroll down in the comments to find a post containing the scans of every page:

http://n4g.com/news/1117142/gameinformer-gta-v-reveal-will-start-5pm-gmt-today
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    This is turning into a COD change characters 10 times during play kinda thing

What's wrong with COD having multiple characters? COD character failure falls on the writers, who never develop those characters. Mason, Hudson and Reznov in Black Ops are the only characters who've been truly developed. Captain Price in the Modern Warfare series comes a close second to those characters, but he's still a crappy character.
    So far from reading the reveal, I see that we play as three protagonists and the driving in the game feels like 'a racing game' this time around. Never in a million years would I have thought - after the major reveal - I could lose so much interest in the game.
  • I like the sound of the driving. The driving in GTA IV was awful imo, something like Need For Speed even Forza would be great. Need For Speed especially since those games probably have the best cop chases ever in a video game.

Sleeping Dogs nailed the driving by making it more arcadey, GTA V should try this instead of the loose weighty cars we got in IV.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 784
    This is turning into a COD change characters 10 times during play kinda thing

What's wrong with COD having multiple characters? COD character failure falls on the writers, who never develop those characters. Mason, Hudson and Reznov in Black Ops are the only characters who've been truly developed. Captain Price in the Modern Warfare series comes a close second to those characters, but he's still a crappy character.

Nothing is wrong with it because it's one main points of that series.

GTA5...your taking a series where a single player has been the key focus from the beginning and now changing it...for what? To adapt to other series' like COD??
  • The multiple characters thing I'm not sure about, especially if they force us to keep switching. It could make the story more confusing.

If we can choose, so I could do all the missions for one character, then the other, then the other, that'd be better. But if they force us to switch every mission or two I'll end up confused.
    I agree...using 1 character at a time would be better...completing the character and moving on to the next.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Do we know if it's adopting the COD style of switching, or the GTA4 style of each character getting their own game (so to speak) but having them overlap?
  • I hope it's the 2nd one.