Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It appears we will have a new console by, at the latest, Christmas of 2014. Such a shame, it's so unnecessary.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I don't want a new console generation. I don't feel this one's be utilized as well as the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube generation. Plus, what the hell can they do? Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is on current gen consoles, using the Fox Engine, and it shows that current gen games can look amazing, and I doubt the next gen will look that good right away.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2012 Posts: 28,694

Meh.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Meh.

Tal Gear Rising
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Meh.

Tal Gear Rising
    I see what you did there!
    :P

But seriously, it sucks.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 9,802

new injustice gods among us trailer Conroy is doing the voice for Batman I am actually getting excited about this game weird considering mortal Kombat verus DC SUCKED it made every Activision bond game look like Genius
  • Lol. No one cares about that game now that 'Ground Zeroes' is coming out.

It does look fun though....
    Damn, gotta get them both
    Risico007 wrote:

new injustice gods among us trailer Conroy is doing the voice for Batman I am actually getting excited about this game weird considering mortal Kombat verus DC SUCKED it made every Activision bond game look like Genius

Great! Kevin's voice is the epitome of Batman. That would be great if they got in talks with Tim Daly to have him voice Superman. I love how at the last bit of the trailer Batman gets his arse kicked clip after clip. :))
    this is sadly the only batman game coming out next year hopefully there will be a decent bond game next year from raven.
    Risico007 wrote:
    this is sadly the only batman game coming out next year hopefully there will be a decent bond game next year from raven.

It isn't even technically a Batman game. It just has him cast amongst others.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Meh.

Tal Gear Rising
    I see what you did there!
    :P

But seriously, it sucks.

Nobody cares about rising....its all about Ground Zeroes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't wait for AC3. It's going to be a pretty entertaining rest of the year for games. I've been enjoying myself on 'Borderlands 2,' aside from the occasional glitch I can only hope gets patched soon.
    Avalanche can pick fights for supremacy all they want, but they'll never beat the gaming company that set the standard for all an open world game could be.
    Avalanche can pick fights for supremacy all they want, but they'll never beat the gaming company that set the standard for all an open world game could be.

Too bad the same can't be said about the company that created the first truly successful FPS: id.
  • Avalanche can pick fights for supremacy all they want, but they'll never beat the gaming company that set the standard for all an open world game could be.

True, but I think Rockstar could be slipping a bit now. Red Dead was amazing and Bully was fun, but I think they need to step it up a bit with the GTA series, which I think was outdone by Saints Row 2 and 3, Sleeping Dogs, and Just Cause 2.

GTA had a better story and actual character development, but Just Cause 2 was just more fun imo.
    I think Rockstar could be slipping a bit now. Red Dead was amazing and Bully was fun, but I think they need to step it up a bit with the GTA series, which I think was outdone by Saints Row 2 and 3, Sleeping Dogs, and Just Cause 2.

GTA had a better story and actual character development, but Just Cause 2 was just more fun imo.

I don't even play that many open-world games unless they're GTA or super heroes, but from what I saw of the Saint's Row gameplay, what's so special about it? And True Crime: Hong Ko - I mean, Sleeping Dogs (*whistles nervously*), I never really wanted to play simply because the last trailer I saw made it look so damn boring. I never even heard of Just Cause until 2 came out, so I can't comment on that series.

GTA needs to get back to the success they had during the PS2 era, with GTA3-VCS.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Rockstar need to replicate the atmosphere of vice city and San Andreas again , masterpieces them games, something that GTA 4 wasn't .

GTA needs to get back to the success they had during the PS2 era, with GTA3-VCS.
    No no no...the success they had on PS1.

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die

No no no...the success they had on PS1.

Agreed. I got GTA2 for PSX, it's just nostalgic.

Gotta love the musics on the radios.
    By far the best song in the game!!!

• edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I think Rockstar could be slipping a bit now. Red Dead was amazing and Bully was fun, but I think they need to step it up a bit with the GTA series, which I think was outdone by Saints Row 2 and 3, Sleeping Dogs, and Just Cause 2.

I don't even play that many open-world games unless they're GTA or super heroes, but from what I saw of the Saint's Row gameplay, what's so special about it? And True Crime: Hong Ko - I mean, Sleeping Dogs (*whistles nervously*), I never really wanted to play simply because the last trailer I saw made it look so damn boring. I never even heard of Just Cause until 2 came out, so I can't comment on that series.

Saints Row 1 was a boring GTA clone with created characters. Saints Row 2 was funny, OTT and had great online co op. Saint Row 3 was just insane, it's sort of like the antithesis of GTA IV, you can fy around in a hover jet with lasers and beat people up with a giant dildo then go on a reality show where you kill people dressed as hot dogs.

Sleeping Dogs wasn't boring at all. The driving was great and there was great kung fu, and a good story. It felt like a Hong Kong action film, and I think it was funner than GTA IV.

Just Cause 1 was meh. It was cool having a parachute but it got boring fast. Just Cause 2 was jut really fun, you can surf on a plane, jump from plane to plane/car to car/boat to boat, and you can grapple hook everywhere.

So I think GTA has had some good competition and I agree with you, they need to try and get back to the ps2 era.
    'GTA V' just needs to come out. 'GTA IV' was my favorite game of all time, but I fear when it takes many years in-between games (and especially with the horrendous marketing campaign they've been taking lately) that people will forget about it and not care for the series as much as they could be.
    Saints Row 1 was a boring GTA clone with created characters. Saints Row 2 was funny, OTT and had great online co op. Saint Row 3 was just insane, it's sort of like the antithesis of GTA IV, you can fy around in a hover jet with lasers and beat people up with a giant dildo then go on a reality show where you kill people dressed as hot dogs.

I want Saints Row 3 now, but alas, I'm buying Resident Evil 6...
    Sleeping Dogs wasn't boring at all. The driving was great and there was great kung fu, and a good story. It felt like a Hong Kong action film, and I think it was funner than GTA IV.

I just said the trailers made it seem boring. I've been pleasantly surprised before. Max Payne 3 looked like sh*t before I saw it and discovered it was actually like the first 2, which made me fall in love with it.
    Just Cause 1 was meh. It was cool having a parachute but it got boring fast. Just Cause 2 was jut really fun, you can surf on a plane, jump from plane to plane/car to car/boat to boat, and you can grapple hook everywhere.

I seem to be seeing a pattern here...

GTA1-sh*t
    GTA2-decent (though still not good)
    GTA3-amazing and funny as hell

StRw1-sh*t
    StRw2-decent
    StRw3-amazing and funny as hell

JstCa1-sh*t
    JstCa2-halfway between decent and amazing
    JstCa3-the company wants it to be amazing

Has anybody else noticed this?
    So I think GTA has had some good competition and I agree with you, they need to try and get back to the ps2 era.

This seems to be the case, but they just need to catapult over their competition, as they did on the PS2. The True Crime series was nothing compared to the PS2 GTAs. Driver was nothing (and I still have trouble seeing why they were compared, before Parallel Lines, that is) compared to the PS2 GTAs, and look at how companies are taking advantage of Rockstar, releasing so many open world games in the same style as the PS2 GTAs, all the while Rockstar pushes to be different.

Rockstar, listen to your fans, give us back the PS2 era GTA universe.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    @Agent007391 I agree with you but I'd say Just Cause 2 was amazing.

They definetly need to get back to the ps2 universe. I didn't like the whole reboot approach of GTA IV (OTT humour gone, families and secondary characters gone, etc).
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I already have SR3 since the beggining of this year, i've downloaded it by Torrent. i can say that it is an awesome game and it IS better than GTA - the madness, customization and violence is bigger.
    Has anyone seen the atrocity that is the $50 Season Pass for 'Forza Horizon'? They want me to purchase unreleased DLC I know nothing about for a game that I would be spending $60 or so on? I mean, I'm not getting the game - looks way too arcady and different from the others - but this whole Season Pass/DLC Bundle thing is getting way too out of hand.

If I had a dollar for every time I was in GameStop and asked if I wanted to also reserve the 'Borderlands 2' $40 season pass alongside my game reserve, I could have paid off both things. Any DLC bundles like that are lame ideas to me, and such a gamble.
    Yeah, I love paying for this that should have been included in the game in the first place. >:P