Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    FIFA 13 tommorow <:-P Can't wait. I know it's basically the COD of football but I still buy it every year.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1608069/far_cry_3_shows_off_savage_gameplay_tigers_more_insanity__video.html

Far Cry 3 looks great.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I haven't seen much of 'Fifa 13,' but I've always gotten a lot of enjoyment out of the 'Fifa' series.

I just went to a pawn shop tonight and picked up 'Forza Motorsport 4,' 'Fallout: New Vegas Deluxe Edition,' and 'Saint's Row 3' for a total of $30. That place is such a steal, I love it.
    The multiplayer beta for 'Medal of Honor: Warfighter' is set to drop on October 5th for XBL and PSN. I cancelled my pre-order a few weeks ago, as the last one - though entertaining - just didn't seem like it was worth a $60 purchase, but moreso the $20 I spent on it at Wal-Mart. If the beta surprises me, I may change my mind. Beta entry is free, you just need to download it and play.

Those who download it will be given one hour of double XP when the game ships.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    RE6 was worth $60, for sure. I'm in the middle of chapter 2 of Leon's campaign, and I'm having the time of my undead life.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RE6 was worth $60, for sure. I'm in the middle of chapter 2 of Leon's campaign, and I'm having the time of my undead life.

Wow, you are probably the only one after what I have heard about it thus far.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    yo homies, just wanted to get your thoughts on the upcoming wii u.
    do you think it will be worth a purchase?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Wow, you are probably the only one after what I have heard about it thus far.

I don't know about from Amazon, or sites like that, but most gaming websites gave it decent reviews (except Gamespot, but quite a few things from them have been accurate, specifically their comments on quick-time events). I like the game, so far. The tutorial level (which is set later into the story than I am now) was one hell of a start.

I say, give it a try. It's either what you're looking for or it isn't.
  • oo7oo7

134815096647.gif
    edited October 2012 Posts: 7,854
    oo7 wrote:

134815096647.gif

What the hell are you implying?
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    DCisared wrote:
    yo homies, just wanted to get your thoughts on the upcoming wii u.
    do you think it will be worth a purchase?

I'm not getting one. A bunch of the games are already out on xbox and ps3, and the controller seems stupid.

• Just epic. I get sort of a Batman Begins vibe, him going on a long journey to be trained.

Also nice to see Americans and Redcoats getting killed, proves it's not as Mel Gibsony as some of the other trailers make out.
  • Damn that is a NICE looking game!
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool

Just epic. I get sort of a Batman Begins vibe, him going on a long journey to be trained.

Also nice to see Americans and Redcoats getting killed, proves it's not as Mel Gibsony as some of the other trailers make out.

That is a very very good trailer!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Just epic. I get sort of a Batman Begins vibe, him going on a long journey to be trained.

They even have "RISE" after the trailer. :P

In all seriousness, I love that the guy is an Indian. A very unique way to take it. You will all have to tell me if you need a background on the past games to play this one, as it looks appealing to me, and if the answer is no, I may give it a try.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Assassin-Creed-3-Trailer-Censored-You-Shouldn-t-Surprised-47793.html

Pretty much proves me right about the marketing: it's biased as f*ck.

http://connecteddigitalworld.com/2012/10/06/ubisoft-announces-bonus-add-on-content-for-assassins-creed-iii/

Apparently George Washington is a bad guy in the DLC. I thought that'd be the twist of the main game but hey, I was sort of right.
    I was really surprised by the 'Medal of Honor: Warfighter' beta. It was damn good fun.

I'm thinking about canceling my reserve on 'Hitman: Absolution' and placing the money on this, mainly because 'Hitman' will release during my Thanksgiving Break, and I'll be nowhere near campus to pick it up, so I'll reserve it elsewhere.
  • I'd try Medal Of Honor out. If nothing else you get the Battlefield 4 beta.
    I'd try Medal Of Honor out. If nothing else you get the Battlefield 4 beta.

My thoughts exactly. A run through (or two, depending on difficulty achievements) for the SP, nab a day time or so of MP gameplay, and I get the BF4 beta, which I know I won't regret in the slightest come 2013.

• I thought this was pretty funny.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 2,107
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/10/making-assassins-creed-iii-part-3

Sniff. This is so beautiful. It seems to outshine Red Dead Redemption on the nature front. Can't wait to get my hands on to this.
    'Assassin's Creed III' is a game that I don't know much about, but I love the series and the few gameplay videos I have watched were absolutely phenomenal. Bring on the surprises.
  • http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/13/aliens-colonial-marines-will-fill-in-story-gaps-left-over-from-alien-3-says-gearbox/

This couldn't get better. Looks like I'm getting the sequel I wanted, except it's a game not a film.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 40,620
    @thelivingroyale, every time I see you post a link of the 'Aliens' video game, I get more and more interested in it. I may have to give it a bigger look.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    @thelivingroyale, every time I see you post a link of the 'Aliens' video game, I get more and more interested in it. I may have to give it a bigger look.

I'd say it's worth a look, especially if you're a fan of the films.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 40,620
    I haven't seen the films in such a long time. I remember loving 'Alien,' and I always see it on sale for $10 on blu-ray, but I can never bring myself to buy it because I don't recall if it's good enough, or contains enough 'good parts' to warrant the purchase.

Is it more action-packed than I recall? I don't remember too many scenes.
  • Alien was a horror film in space, there wasn't that much action.

Aliens still had tense, scary scenes, but it was more of an action film. It introduced the marines, etc. And it's Aliens this game is trying to be a sequel to (since the last two films weren't great, it's set before them).

I prefer the first film but the 2nd one is also great. It's one of those big film questions (like the Inception ending), Alien or Aliens?
    Alien was a horror film in space, there wasn't that much action.

Aliens still had tense, scary scenes, but it was more of an action film. It introduced the marines, etc. And it's Aliens this game is trying to be a sequel to (since the last two films weren't great, it's set before them).

I still have trouble deciding which film I prefer: Alien or Aliens? The horror-loving part of me wants to say Alien, but the cool creature effects part of me wants to say Aliens.

Also, the game is set after Alien 3, but still before the abysmal Resurrection. I actually think the prison colony from 3 is an area in the game (not sure, though).

Though Alien 3 wasn't anywhere near as good as the first two, it was still leaps and bounds better than Resurrection (seriously, Alien-hybrid clone Ripley? You disappoint me, Joss Whedon...).
  • Alien was a horror film in space, there wasn't that much action.

I still have trouble deciding which film I prefer: Alien or Aliens? The horror-loving part of me wants to say Alien, but the cool creature effects part of me wants to say Aliens.

It's a tough choice, but I pefer Alien because I'm a big horror fan and I think Scott is just a better director than Cameron.
    Also, the game is set after Alien 3, but still before the abysmal Resurrection. I actually think the prison colony from 3 is an area in the game (not sure, though).

Hmm, I didn't know that, as they kept going on about making it a true sequel to Aiens, etc. Battling Aliens in the prison colony would be really cool.

I think 3 and Resurrection are equal. Neither are terrible but both are crap compared to the first two.