Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Murdock, alongside the fact that one whole mission takes place in a library, where you have to use detective mode to escape. I instantly said out loud: "Arkham Asylum?"

I saw a playthrough of that level on youtube. It's not a Hitman game at all. it feels like the game "STOLEN" for Ps2 and X-Box. (avoid it by the way, it's crap.)

I thought Stolen was good, though not perfect, game.

It was okay, but I kept getting caught and when you knocked out guards they only stayed knocked out for 30 seconds. It's meh to me.

Oh god that was annoying. You'd knock them out and 10 seconds later they get back up.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Murdock, alongside the fact that one whole mission takes place in a library, where you have to use detective mode to escape. I instantly said out loud: "Arkham Asylum?"

I saw a playthrough of that level on youtube. It's not a Hitman game at all. it feels like the game "STOLEN" for Ps2 and X-Box. (avoid it by the way, it's crap.)

I thought Stolen was good, though not perfect, game.

It was okay, but I kept getting caught and when you knocked out guards they only stayed knocked out for 30 seconds. It's meh to me.

Oh god that was annoying. You'd knock them out and 10 seconds later they get back up.

Weapons in that game would have been useful. :p
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Murdock, thank you, I won't even take the time to look it up.

It's just so much different than all of the other 'Hitman' games. It's an entirely new formula that nobody asked for. Do we want new levels, targets, weapons, and disguises? Yes. Do we want you to change how the entire game is played? No!

It really does feel like 'Door: Absolution,' where I'm getting caught and fighting my way to the door in every level. So repetitive and dull. I'll be completing it today, scrapping up the rest of the achievements I can manage, and then trading it towards 'Far Cry 3.'

That's too bad, I was really wanting to play and enjoy it. Sadly games for the past year and a half have been disappointments. Even the new Mario games are starting to feel like rushed cookie cutter types. that really makes me sad that my favorite character is starting to lose his luster. :(

Man, same here. I don't get games often (not much interests me and I don't take my PS3 to college), but I have been massively disappointed in the past. Max Payne 3 is great, but some aspects of it bug me (like Max's constant bickering about how everything is horrible and will never improve). Batman Arkham Asylum is a brilliant game, but even some stuff in that bother me to no end (the constant backtracking, the short story, the lack of characters from before). Uncharted 2 is my favorite game of all time, and maybe that is why I am so massively saddened by how Uncharted 3 turned out. To know that NaughyDog set the story around the action depresses me, and the story while okay simply didn't have the heart that Uncharted 2 does, and the endings match each other perfectly, so originality went out the window. And seriously, how many more times do we want to see Nate and Elena break up, get back together, break up, get back together again? My patience is thinning. And finally, LA Noire really hurt. I love the story for the most part, and the detective mechanics are awe inspiring and very cool to play with. I am a massive noir fan so it was nice to see Rockstar get the style and archetypes down pat. The cases (especially the Black Dahlia ones) are wonderful. But as the game goes on, more and more of the mechanics are lessened and by the time the Arson cases start the story with Cole and then Jack just leave a bad taste in my mouth. I would have much preferred a choose your own adventure detective game than a story driven detective game that takes the fun away near the end. Sad to say, but the last game I got that truly moved me and made me truly revel in its beauty, assured that it was 60 bucks well spent was Red Dead Redemption. An absolute masterpiece that I hope we can see more of before every game becomes a casual-gamer directed disaster.
    I agree with you on almost all of that, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. 'Max Payne 3,' while enjoyable, just wore down on me pretty quickly. I had so much fun with 'Max Payne 2,' replaying the levels and doing those instant action SP maps, but MP3 just fell short to me. 'LA Noire' was fun and different, but it just felt incredibly dull to me at times. The ambiance and city were beautiful, but that was all that managed to draw me in.

It's a shame I didn't get to 'Uncharted 2' while I had my PS3. I played a little bit of 'Uncharted' and I finished up 'Uncharted 3,' thanks to my friend letting me borrow them, but I never got around to the second installment.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I agree with you on almost all of that, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. 'Max Payne 3,' while enjoyable, just wore down on me pretty quickly. I had so much fun with 'Max Payne 2,' replaying the levels and doing those instant action SP maps, but MP3 just fell short to me. 'LA Noire' was fun and different, but it just felt incredibly dull to me at times. The ambiance and city were beautiful, but that was all that managed to draw me in.

It's a shame I didn't get to 'Uncharted 2' while I had my PS3. I played a little bit of 'Uncharted' and I finished up 'Uncharted 3,' thanks to my friend letting me borrow them, but I never got around to the second installment.

What?! You played 3 without playing 2 first?! Sacrilege! Trust me, if you played Uncharted 2 (YOU NEED TO!!!) GTA IV would no longer be your favorite game of all time.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I know, I know. I don't know how I allowed myself to do it, but I just took what I could get from my friend in the allotted amount of time. I just don't think anything could beat 'GTA IV.' Up until a few weeks ago, the GTA series was my favorite game series, and I anticipated 'GTA IV' to the absolute max and was not let down...until the 'GTA V' reveal.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Thanks for that @Creasy47, I won't be picking up Hitman then.

Need For Speed is probably my game of the year so far. AC 3 is really good but Connor is just boring and generic (especially compared to Ezio), and FIFA 13 is fun but it didn't really shake things up like FIFA 12 did. Sleeping Dogs was great too, loved that. Max Payne 3 wasn't bad but I still prefer the first one.

Anyway, am I the only person that really liked the GTA V reveal? It seems colourful and fun, and they've bought back some of the comedy. The characters seem cool too, and there was a DB5.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Nice. It's my favourite GTA game (I prefer Red Dead and Bully though) so I'm excited to play it on my phone.
    Thanks for that @Creasy47, I won't be picking up Hitman then.

Need For Speed is probably my game of the year so far. AC 3 is really good but Connor is just boring and generic (especially compared to Ezio), and FIFA 13 is fun but it didn't really shake things up like FIFA 12 did.

Anyway, am I the only person that really liked the GTA V reveal? It seems colourful and fun, and they've bought back some of the comedy. The characters seem cool too, and there was a DB5.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Nice. It's my favourite GTA game (I prefer Red Dead and Bully though) so I'm excited to play it on my phone.

Where?
  • Here you go.
    0:49
    a lookalike Aston Martin DB5? :)

No, thank you, @thelivingroyale, for giving me an article I can relate to, unfortunately.

The 'GTA V' reveal threw me off entirely by the multiple character introduction to the series. One of the greatest things of the games was that I start out as a nobody in a city I'm unfamiliar with, and I spend my time rising to the top, accomplishing everything with one character. Now, I get to play as three uninteresting looking people via Google Maps switching that sounds like 'Battlefield 2: Modern Combat.' I'll have to see it in action, but until then, I won't be making plans to pick it up.
    Here you go.
    The red car? That looks nothing like a DB5.
  • Here you go.

The one that falls out of the lorry. It's silver and looks like a DB5.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Here you go.

No, the car that falls off the semi-trailer. It's a GTA DB5.
    Here you go.

The one that falls out of the lorry. It's silver and looks like a DB5.

Oh, cool! The time was off so I didn't see it the first time. :D
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    'Far Cry 3' has been getting some stellar reviews so far. Then again, 'Hitman: Absolution' was receiving 8/10-9/10 reviews, and I didn't appreciate how that turned out.
    I was highly anticipating both AC3 & Absolution, but due to the reviews i'm going to hold off until the post christmas sales. Still on Far Cry 3, how about 15 minutes of the PS3 port...?

though I am on the fence with Hitman Absolution I will pick it up eventually as there are only 3 games next year I plan on getting

Young Justice Legacy (for Nightwing and Robin I'm a batman fan it can't be that bad)

Injustice Gods Among Us (Same reason though Injustice looks much better I still am very wary when Netherrealm says they will do a DC fighting game I still have nightmare on how bad Batman was in Mortal Kombat vs DC still own and every time I think it can't be that bad I pop it in and yup it's THAT bad)

Splinter Cell Black List (I'm a sucker for spy games if there is a generic one like Alpha Protocol.... my favorite spy game EVER ...I'll Probably pick it up too Keep in mind if blood stone was longer and had a better plot It would be my favorite spy game but c'est la vie plus i loved the first 5 splinter cell games why wouldn't I like Black List)

Should a 2013 bond game pop up (which we will know in June) I will more then likely pick it up though can they just pay Craig to do the voice or have someone else's likeness it's really annoying seeing Craig yet hearing someone else!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'Far Cry 3' has been getting some stellar reviews so far. Then again, 'Hitman: Absolution' was receiving 8/10-9/10 reviews, and I didn't appreciate how that turned out.
    That's how I felt when Uncharted 3 came out. Scores of 9s and 10s out of 10 isn't what it deserves when compared to what Uncharted 2 was. I think a lot of it is the excitement of a new release that makes reviewers become more generous than they should be just because the wait for the game is over and you are just happy to finally play it.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, even then, these reviews are composed after the entirety of a game is finished, so you would think a good portion of that excitement would die down to make a proper, unbiased review.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, even then, these reviews are composed after the entirety of a game is finished, so you would think a good portion of that excitement would die down to make a proper, unbiased review.

That would be expecting too much I fear.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool

No mate I'm really looking forward to this since the reveal, it's a fresh concept having 3 playable characters and it gives me more chance of liking at least one of the main protagonists , after I hated Nico Bellic and that's why I couldn't get into the story.
    Also I really loved the atmosphere of San Andreas , one of the best gaming experiences I've had

And I agree with @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    Uncharted 2 really is a masterpiece!
    Best game ever IMO
    @DCisared, I would be interested to hear what you thought of Uncharted 3?
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    @DCisared, I would be interested to hear what you thought of Uncharted 3?

Ill try and keep it brief lol
    I loved the opening chapter, the bar fight and new fight mechanics were great and I was again blown away by the graphics like I was with U2.
    I loved how we got to see how drake met sully even if young drake did annoy me a little.
    I'm not a huge fan of the London Underground levels mainly because I didn't get the feeling like I was playing uncharted, It just didnt feel right and as much as I was excited to continue playing , a little bit of me lost interest because I really didn't like Marlowe. I have to like my villains and she was uninteresting as was talbot.
    I loved the chateau chapter when it all went up in flames but the puzzles around this part of the game, in fact all the puzzles were rubbish in comparison to U2, they felt like a chore every single time whearas I never got that feeling previously.
    The citadel bored me tbh , I just wanted it to end so I could get to the 'desert bits' from the trailers.
    I couldn't get invested in Elena either this time , it was so contrived the whole 'oh please stop going on wild adventures Nate' . I prefer the timid yet up for an adventure Elena.
    The Yemen setting was nice but was nothing better than Nepal, no where near infact.
    I hated how they stumbled upon the above so below chapter, oh and the spiders that appeared in the chateau and here were terrible! Not scary or indeed made me believe that they were real. U2 made me believe even those guardians could be real.
    My favourite part of the game was after Nate has been drugged(which I did actually like aswell) . But before this! Omg Marlowe saying to drake that that's not his real name, and then not explaining what the hell she was going on about, was a terrible mistake in my view.
    It was full of terrible plot holes this game but this pissed me off no end.
    Anyway my favourite part of the game was the chase that ensues just after this encounter, with Nate in pursuit of talbot.
    And ironically I feel like this is a real bondonian moment.
    Loved the setting of that chase and the graphics and different camera angles.
    The ship graveyard scenes were fantastic also, great settings .
    I liked the ship chapters aswell but all that was blown apart when it turns out all those chapters spent at sea were a complete waste of time! Oh and low and behold drake conviently washes up right where he left off.
    The airport scenes were ok but nothing special.
    I loved the hanging off the cargo plane net , but again that's very bond! We've seen that in the living daylights!
    Pushing Nate along in the desert was tedious but I did feel for him.
    The settlement chapters were beautiful and I felt like I was playing uncharted unlike some of the other chapters.
    Salim and his boys riding on their horses to save the day annoyed me and I wasn't as impressed with the caravan chapter as I was with U2's equivalent.
    The Atlantis of the sands had a great twist with sully, and the city was great, just not as wow as Shambala .
    The fire goons I also liked aswell I thought that was nicely done with the hallucinagenic water.
    The climax with Marlowe and then talbot was abit anti climatic as was the ancient lost city falling to ruin around our heroes. Hello!? That was too similar to U2.

In short
    The good-
    the graphics(wow)
    Great characters back, Nate sully and I really liked Charlie
    The mele combat really made me love to kick shit out of enemies
    The soundtrack continued from U2 , some great pieces
    Getting some backstory on how Nate and sully met
    Grenade throwbacks

The ugly-
    Uninteresting characters old and new
    Bland levels that failed to capture any atmosphere never mind an atmosphere as awesome as of the whole of U2
    The chapters didnt mesh, the story didnt feel like a story.
    In U2 it felt like one massive game with one massive story that led somewhere, u3 was just a bunch of levels that were designed with no story in mind loosely held together by a poor plot that asked many questions but answered none and left more to be answered.

Despite all this I do love U3 , because it has my favourite video game character as the star, and because it shows how good U2 really is!.

U2 put me in that world! Such an atmospheric game! Such great settings! Such a great story! Such great action that adds to the story!

Sorry if that's a little jisjointed, basically U3 is at it's best when it's trying to be James Bond and U2 Is at it's best when it is being uncharted.

Not one part of U2 would I change whearas there are Many in u3.

U2 10/10
    U3 7.5/10

Great review, @DCisared, and I agree. Too much of the game tried to literally capitalize on Uncharted 3, and you can tell the moments where NaughtyDog were having script issues and needed to move the story along.

Like Nate washing up right where he began in Yemen, or Nate, Elena and Sully stumbling on the entry hole in Yemen. And one of the dumbest things was when Nate is being attacked before Salim comes to his rescue, and he says "there's too many" while being shot at, when in the past he has taken on many more guys at once than at that moment! The game has winks to Bond (I feel like I am in CR in the bar fight in the bathroom too), and there are connections to Indiana Jones too, as usual. In the next game I want Nate and Elena finally together for good, and have more of the action based on the story, not the story based on the action!

It would be cool to get more Nate/Sully flashbacks, and I would even be interested in seeing a whole game based in the past, with Nate aging little by little. But an Uncharted without Nolan North just doesn't feel right. The man IS Nate.
    This has my sides splitting! =))
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Official UK launch trailer for Far Cry 3...

:O Epic is a suitable enough word.
  • Far Cry 3 looks brilliant. Can't wait for that.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 40,502
    I can't get over how amazing 'Far Cry 3' looks, on top of all of the stellar reviews and addictive gameplay I've seen. This looks like it's going to be an amazing ride, and I hear the ending is mindblowing, though I'm not sure what, thankfully.

Bungie's new game, 'Destiny,' is revealed with information and concept art:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=97453