Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 40,528
    @oo7, but I'm speaking about the five-year anniversary edition of Oblivion that was released after the mandatory trophy support system was announced: why not add the achievements from the Xbox 360 version?

It could have trophies - the Splinter Cell HD collection did - let's just hope they have the good sense to come up with some and implement them.

I'm playing on Expert difficulty right now - not even the hardest difficulty, mind you - on Hitman: Blood Money, and I just cannot beat 'Death on the Mississippi.' My notoriety is too high, and I can't decrease it because I ignored it after beating the previous level. Thus, I can't sneak through without being noticed pretty quickly, and any punch or shot I receive makes me lose around 1/8 of my health, so it feels impossible for me to win every battle. On top of all of that, the enemies don't appear on the minimap, only civilians and main targets, so I have no idea what I'm approaching around any of the corners. I really forgot how tough this was.
  • oo7oo7
    yeah it could have had trophys but it was just re publsihing of the same disk by bethesda thereselves. they published it around the same time or just before skyrim so why would you take away from that. i believe tim shaffer said it cost upwards of 40 grand for a patch on the networks so they saught to publish there own game under there own label in attempt of raising money by making you think you were getting a game with trophy support but you didnt.
    now i suspect hitman hd will contain the 3 game like tomb raider(also edios/square enix) and also have hd remakes and trophy support as they have not been already released on this console.
    I know the annoyance of what you are talking about Creasy47 but the logical step is this will have trophy support, bethesda only seemed to get away with that because it was a republishing of the old disk with a new case on it to drum up some money and interest.
    I believe the five-year anniversary edition of Oblivion had something along the lines of a steel book case and a small coupon for the purchase of Skyrim - not worth the purchase, as I'm sure at that point many people had already given Oblivion a play through or two. I do understand where you're coming from, it's just crazy how much achievements/trophies can make or break a game these days.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Y'know, I don't see why every game that was released multi-console between 2006-2008 (2008 being when a good deal of games discovered Trophy support) doesn't just import the 360 Achievements onto PS3 Trophies, and add a platinum. It could just be released as a simple patch, like with GTA4. Where's the problem there?
    Maybe I'm 'too old' but can someone fill me in on what the deal is with trophies? Everytime I've ever earned a trophy on any game, I was always completely indifferent.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Maybe I'm 'too old' but can someone fill me in on what the deal is with trophies? Everytime I've ever earned a trophy on any game, I was always completely indifferent.

I usually don't care, but for cases with games I love like Uncharted 2, or any Rockstar games, I like to try and get as many trophies as I can. The Max Payne 3 cheevos are great, really fun to try and get. And best yet, a challenge. I am doing the Score Attack and New York Minute modes now, and love how hard they are.
    But I mean, you don't 'earn' anything, right? What's the incentive? If you got unlockables I'd care a LOT more
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    But I mean, you don't 'earn' anything, right? What's the incentive? If you got unlockables I'd care a LOT more

Ok, in Max Payne, when you do the arcade challenges and achieve platinum you get characters to use in Deathmatch, and you also get trophies/medals based on your attainment of that. So you get some cool characters, a lot of XP, and can say "wow, I just got platinum on every arcade section of a very challenging game".
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

I'm the same way, don't really care. I get as many as I feel I can, and I specifically go after easy ones because, why not? But I'm not a "Trophies make or break my gaming experience". I play Wii games all the time, none of which have Trophies or Achievements (call them by their real name, please), and I have just as much fun as on PS3 or 360 games which do have Trophies and Achievements. My favorite PS3 game is Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots, which doesn't have Trophies. Now, having said that, I do still wish that Sony would import Achievements onto multi-platform games, so that people who play COD4, Oblivion, or other such games can have the chance to earn what the Xbox players get.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Agent did you try to get trophies for MGS HD Collection? Some of them are real tough but I got them all for MGS 3 and most of them on the others. Gotta dig deep though and be careful on some of them.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Speaking of Metal Gear, has anyone on this board earned the 'Big Boss Face Camo' in MGS4? Now THAT'S an achievement!! The requirements are ridiculous! Hardest mode, no kills, no alerts, and all within an unforgivably short time limit! There's no way in hell I'd ever get that one-- I can't even beat the game on the hardest mode, period!
    They have just always added a ton of replayability for me, and yes, the occasional incentives are great. Take the achievements I'm going for right now on Hitman: Blood Money: I have to get five Silent Assassin ratings (no witnesses, all target deaths must be accidents, no bodies found, nothing left behind) on the hardest difficulty setting, which means if I screw up at the end of a level and lose my SA rating, I have to do it all over again. It's a real challenge, but I feel a large sense of accomplishment when I get achievements like this, no matter how much they frustrate me.

In fact, I think the harder the achievement, the better. Call of Duty: World at War on Veteran difficulty resulted in me losing my cool on several occasions, slamming my controller, etc., but when I beat it on Veteran, all was right with the world. I made the game mine at that point, and it couldn't do anything about it.
    Speaking of Metal Gear, has anyone on this board earned the 'Big Boss Face Camo' in MGS4? Now THAT'S an achievement!! The requirements are ridiculous! Hardest mode, no kills, no alerts, and all within an unforgivably short time limit! There's no way in hell I'd ever get that one-- I can't even beat the game on the hardest mode, period!

Negative for me....that is extremely difficult to do.

I have it...
    Respect

bow_to_your_sensei.JPG
    What are some of the toughest, hardest achievements/trophies you all have obtained?
    Respect

bow_to_your_sensei.JPG

I'm just kidding. =))
    edited June 2012 Posts: 784

I have it...

That's not possible as you continuously have told me you still do not play a MGS game without out skipping cutscenes.....to get BIG BOSS ranking you must beat the game in like 3 hours...not possible viewing cutscenes
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 4,813
    I'm just kidding. =))

OH_YOU.jpg

Then I shall go back to my previous theory: It's freaking impossible
    oh its possible but you gotta be at the top of your skill for 3 hours...not as easy as it sounds that's sure... :P
    How do you beat it in 3 hours?! Insane.
    It's achievements like that that sound very entertaining to work toward, but I've never played the game, and the restrictions already sound extremely tough. I played a game called 'Velvet Assassin' - pure stealth game, and if you took it loud, you were almost guaranteed death - that required you to beat it in five hours or less or something, and you really had to be at the top of your game to do it.
    How do you beat it in 3 hours?! Insane.

12389735.jpg

Don't forget to do it on ultra-hard mode and no kills and no alerts!!! :D
    Agent did you try to get trophies for MGS HD Collection? Some of them are real tough but I got them all for MGS 3 and most of them on the others. Gotta dig deep though and be careful on some of them.

I got a good majority of them in MGS2 and MGS3, but I don't actually own the HD Collection yet. I was borrowing it from a friend, and as far as Peace Walker goes, I couldn't earn Trophies in that, because I Transfarred.

I thought you got the Big Boss face camo for dying 50+ times (seeing as it's really
    Solidus, not Big Boss
    ). I've never been able to beat the game on The Boss Extreme, either, and certainly never beaten it with no alerts in a fast time. The fastest I've beaten MGS4 is 4.5 hours, and that was skipping cutscenes, ignoring the alerts I'd attracted, running through every area without picking anything up except the necessities and all the other things you need to do to shorten that game. I was, however, not killing anyone, so I got the no-kill bonus (which gives you the Bandanna).
    edited June 2012 Posts: 40,528
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Creasy47 wrote:
    What are some of the toughest, hardest achievements/trophies you all have obtained?

Parachuting onto a zipline in Assassin's Creed Revelations was a pain in the arse, since you have to time it right. If you drop down at the wrong moment you could die, or lose health and waste a parachute. Actually Revelations had alot of hard ones, finding and beating up Duccio, using a certain bomb type to stun guards then pulling down scaffolding, etc.

Also there was a few on Just Cause 2 I had trouble getting.
    I've had some pretty tough ones, but I would have to say my absolute hardest was beating World at War on Veteran difficulty.
    I'm gonna start a Trophies/Achievements thread. Let's take this discussion to it's own thread.
    I thought trophies and achievements fit comfortably under a video game discussion thread, already.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I thought trophies and achievements fit comfortably under a video game discussion thread, already.

Yes, but this is for upcoming games, not ones we've played already. Besides, I could use an excuse to start a new thread.