Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I watched a bit of it, looks alright. I just miss the old SC games.
  • oo7oo7
    ironsides still working on this, hes being retained as a creative consultant
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    oo7 wrote:
    ironsides still working on this, hes being retained as a creative consultant
    Big whoop. He IS Sam Fisher, and without him doing the voice acting, I don't see much motivation to make this a purchase of mine.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I got a reply from a YouTube comment I made on a Splinter Cell Blacklist video, and apparently Ubisoft wanted someone who could do the voice work and motion capture, so they chose someone younger. That's ridiculous if that's the reason.
  • oo7oo7
    edited June 2012 Posts: 1,068
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qlUnTcjlkd8?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qlUnTcjlkd8?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Looks like Ironside is directing it to a certain extent. The way this one is being made though there is no way ironside could physically play fisher. It is still early days yet im sure he could easily step in and dub him near completion time. though i thought this one was ment to be a younger fisher. we are now how many games into it and the joke was fisher was just about past it in the first one.
    didnt they shave ten years off him for conviction even though it was a sequel?

@0BradyM0BondFanatic7 I dont see much of a problem with this ironside gave better character reads outside the main game. He was more emotive then when i played the game they seemed to burn him down to this monotone state. this is of course the sound directors choice not his im sure he read those lines a number of ways.
    I love ironside i also wondered if he would be playing batman in the Dark KNight Returns but it appears Peter Weller got that one and I cannot wait to see that.

I think my interest in splintercell died around about the time i played 4 and the frame rate drop forced me to return it. i since played the first again on ps3 but the trophy/achievements are just such after thoughts, why would they make you do multiple replays of a game you have already played a million times. this happened with MGS2 as well
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pcvN4pu6O2k?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pcvN4pu6O2k?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 4,813
    I never really played any of the Splinter Cell games, but I can certainly appreciate everyone's concern! It must be like getting a Metal Gear game with another voice for Snake, or an Uncharted with another guy as Drake (didn't mean to rhyme there... :P )

But then again, maybe this will be the best one- you just never know. I think I'll check this one out; I'm way overdue
    Skyrim DLC 'Dawnguard' gets tentative release date:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11960-E3-2012--Skyrim-s-Dawnguard-DLC-Gets-Tentative-Release-Date--Screens.html

Dead Island: Riptide - a sequel to Dead Island - has been announced, and will have more information released towards the end of the summer:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11957-Dead-Island--Riptide-Announced--Summer-Reveal-Mooted.html
    Sam has gray hair in the gameplay, so it is still the old Sam, correct me if I'm wrong. This guy just doesn't sound like Sam, or any semblance of him at all.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    My first reaction to the Splinter Cell gameplay was "WHAT'S HAPPENED TO HIS VOICE?!?!?!?!?!?!" X(

Next they'll have a new guy voicing Duke Nukem, or Max Payne, or Ezio Auditore. Why oh why did they change voice actors?
    South Park: The Stick Of Truth gameplay.

Only downside is I have to wait until 2013 :((
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Skyrim DLC 'Dawnguard' gets tentative release date:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11960-E3-2012--Skyrim-s-Dawnguard-DLC-Gets-Tentative-Release-Date--Screens.html

Dead Island: Riptide - a sequel to Dead Island - has been announced, and will have more information released towards the end of the summer:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11957-Dead-Island--Riptide-Announced--Summer-Reveal-Mooted.html

Cool-- I just started playing both of those games recently! Too bad the Dead Island one is a whole new game and not an expansion. I seriously JUST bought that damn game #-o

Well, as long as it's a whole new game, I at least hope it looks and feels like a whole new game, unlike Fallout New Vegas. Now that was an 'expansion pack' if I ever saw one!
    edited June 2012 Posts: 40,486
    New Vegas was garbage, with numerous endings tacked on to 'add to the game.' Really pathetic attempt on their part. I prefer Fallout 3.

As for Dead Island: Riptide, I'm under the impression that it's a brand new game, but it feels like Dead Island was just released yesterday. Everyone was following rumors and thought the game would be Dead World; I just hope it goes away from the tropical setting - perhaps a city under quarantine - as it wore on me pretty quick.

And here's a rumor: Overkill is working with Valve (this part is confirmed) for Payday: The Heist 2, looking towards an open world game. The rumor part is that they are also working with them on a prequel to Left 4 Dead, that plays with the origins of the zombie outbreak.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11966-Overkill-Gets-a-Publisher-for-Payday--The-Heist-2--is-Rumoured-to-be-Working-on-Left-4-Dead-Prequel.html
    FIFA 13.

FIFA 12 was the best one yet so I have high hopes for this.
    I got a good idea from the 'Take Bond away from Activision' thread:

Now that E3 is over, what games are you most looking forward to throughout the upcoming year?

My most anticipated (no release date) would have to be Grand Theft Auto V. Rockstar never fails to impress me.

My most anticipated (release date) is Hitman: Absolution. I've been a fan of the games since Silent Assassin, and this one is shaping up to look like some good fun, with endless hours that will be put in by me, just experiencing every way to tackle all of the levels.

I'm also looking forward to Spec Ops: The Line, Halo 4, Watch Dogs, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, and Forza Horizon.
    My most anticipated is definetly Assassin's Creed 3. They're probably my favourite games of all time and I can't wait to play as a new Assassin in a brand new enviroment.

I'll miss Ezio though (hero of AC 2 and Brotherhood/Revelations). Mainly because he was basically an Italian James Bond. He had gadgets, got laid, could sneak around or fight head on, he could be serious or funny, and he fought a secret organisation.
    I might have to give some of the older AC games a try. I loved AC2, but I never picked up Brotherhood (this was the one after AC2, correct?) because my friend said the game just wasn't as good, and we both never picked up the following installment.

But, AC3 - while I have yet to see gameplay - looks like it could be a really fun game, and I may have to give its predecessors a go, so I can warrant a purchase come release date.
    I didn't like Brotherhood that much because it wasn't as good as AC 2 and didn't change too much, but I loved Revelations because it actually felt like a sequel to AC 2 instead of an expansion pack, with the new stuff they added like bombs. Plus Altair from the first game was in it as well.
    @thelivingroyale, so you would suggest I try out Revelations, instead? Would I be missing out on anything if I skipped over Brotherhood?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @thelivingroyale, so you would suggest I try out Revelations, instead? Would I be missing out on anything if I skipped over Brotherhood?

@Creasy47 Since the price has dropped now I'd pick up Brotherhood first. Especially if you care about the whole modern day story because alot of important stuff happens that sets up Revelations.
    Sounds good, I might give both a play through when I have the money for them.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    - It's not going to change the face of gaming, but it's now less than a week to the release of Lollipop Chainsaw. Campy sclocky fun is all I ask for, and it's looks like it'll deliver.

- I'll be picking up AC3 on release. AC2 and Brotherhood were ok, but not as good as AC. Other games in the series may have gotten bigger, but none have the plot and setting that have interested me like the original (not to mention Altair B-) ) Despite the Altair missions, I started to loose interest in completing Revelations.

- Then there's Hitman: Absolution. Big fan of the Hitman games, especially Blood Money. So this'll be a must have buy.

- The Last Of Us. Naught Dog, 'nuff said.

With the new Tomb Raider being put back to next year, there's no other releases that spring to mind.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 40,486
    @MajorDSmythe, nice to see another Blood Money fan around. I must have played a good portion of the missions on there around 100 times, trying this way, killing that person first, drugging these donuts, etc. Good, good fun.

And here you go, a new video interview for 'Lollipop Chainsaw':
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=91286
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @MajorDSmythe, nice to see another Blood Money fan around. I must have played a good portion of the missions on there around 100 times, trying this way, killing that person first, drugging these donuts, etc. Good, good fun.

Totally agree. So many games now claim to have multiple paths, but Blood Money really did allow you to use different methods to complete each job.
    (not to mention Altair B-) )

Ezio>>Altair. Ezio was a charismatic Italian playboy who wanted revenge for the death of his family, Altair was just a bit boring. In the first game he barely had a personality, and for some reason he was the only person in the Holy Land to have an American accent. AC 1 was fun, but the side missions were the same over and over. I liked Altair alot more in Revelations.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Totally agree. So many games now claim to have multiple paths, but Blood Money really did allow you to use different methods to complete each job.

Indeed. I'm tired of games acting as if there are multiple paths or endings to find, and then it ends up being 100% linear, and no matter what you do, it's the same thing or the same ending, time and time again. The Hitman games have always been great at letting you do as you want, and it's true: do you want to run the risk of running in, guns blazing, killing everyone and your target, or do you want to take it slow, hide the bodies as you stealthily inch through the level?

I read a preview of a level a couple weeks back, and the person who got to test the game said that there were ten to fifteen ways he could think of to tackle the level, and that wasn't even all of them. I'm so excited.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,894
    (not to mention Altair B-) )

Ezio>>Altair. Ezio was a charismatic Italian playboy who wanted revenge for the death of his family, Altair was just a bit boring. In the first game he barely had a personality, and for some reason he was the only person in the Holy Land to have an American accent. AC 1 was fun, but the side missions were the same over and over. I liked Altair alot more in Revelations.

I've seen those criticism so many times before, but I think Altair was/is misunderstood. Altair was bread to be an Assassin, a perfect example of what it is to be stoic. He would have been taught to surpress his emotions, should he succumb he'd end up dead. As for his accent, it's never stopped me from enjoying the story.

assassins_creed_altair.jpg

Altair, even his 7" figure is a total badass.

As for Hitman: Absolution, i'm doing my best to remain spoiler free.
    Wow. That's the first time I've properly seen young Altairs face, hahaha.

I know Altair was bread as an assassin but that didn't intrest me as much as Ezio's backstory. He was cool, but I prefer Ezio. His accent just seemed weird and out of place.
    I feel the same towards Ezio, and when I play the original game I actually want to lean more about that time. I find that setting to be far more interesting than what we've seen since.

As for the figure, that and the hole for the wrist peg (you can swap the left hand over) being too small on the alternate hand are minor quibbles for what is a great looking figure. Yes, I have a Mini Altair ( :)) ) myself.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 4,813
    I want a true sequel to MGS3 with Big Boss- I just couldn't get into Peace Walker.... I never bought it because I didn't have a PSP, and I bought it when it was released on that PS3 bundle, but I just couldn't play it that long.
    Give me a REAL game on the PS3 with REAL cutscenes. Half the reason I like Metal Gear is because they're like movies.

MGS3 remains my favorite one
    Your missing out by not playing it....the game is awesome and the story is really well written. MGS3 is a fantastic game, but Peace Walker is a true follow up to that.

Alright-- I sat down and played again this weekend. Once I got reacquainted with the controls I played until I beat the part I was stuck on months ago (which was actually really easy once I realized what to do!)
    I'm now addicted! I Made a TON of progress; I just got to the part where I met Huey, and I'm finding myself hoping that I'm not too close to the end because I don't want it to be over!!
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    edited June 2012 Posts: 784
    Glad you enjoying it....like I said it is a terrific game. What I appreciate the most from the game is the story line.....it's very good. The Tank, Choppers, and Armored Cars are easy while playing Co-op with others.

if you have any other questions feel free to join my Metal Gear Solid thread:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1610/metal-gear-solid-1987-present/p4#Item_115