Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• edited June 2012 Posts: 4,813
    I want a true sequel to MGS3 with Big Boss- I just couldn't get into Peace Walker.... I never bought it because I didn't have a PSP, and I bought it when it was released on that PS3 bundle, but I just couldn't play it that long.
    Give me a REAL game on the PS3 with REAL cutscenes. Half the reason I like Metal Gear is because they're like movies.

MGS3 remains my favorite one
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Your missing out by not playing it....the game is awesome and the story is really well written. MGS3 is a fantastic game, but Peace Walker is a true follow up to that. Dont hate on the graphics.....I will never understand this aurgument for the life of me. The graphics is not what soley makes a game. ....Jeez look at Grand Theft Auto 2.......the game is the best in the series yet people bash it simply for the graphics.....same goes for Metal Gear Solid 1 on PS1 (yet is is by far the best story line)....... :-/
    No the graphics were not the issue- in fact if I played it on a PSP I would have been blown away.
    No my biggest problem was the tank levels. I was on a role and I'm completely stuck on the second tank level. I'm sure it has everything to do with me 'not maintaining my home base' because, frankly, that part isn't fun.
    I can't beat that damn tank. I was stuck for a weekend straight and gave up. :(

I loved the very beginning though, with the real cutscenes. I was surprised to see that
    edited June 2012 Posts: 784
    you can play co-op to beat tanks, Armoured cars, choppers, and even any other level....by hosting or joining a co-op game. I know the feeling though....the tank levels can be a pain with out helpers.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    you can play co-op to beat tanks, Armoured cars, choppers, and even any other level....by hosting or joining a co-op game. I know the feeling though....the tank levels can be a pain with out helpers.

Hmmmm.... maybe I'll try that tonight. Get some guy to help me and then bump him
    >:)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Looks good, but dammit... "Here, have some gameplay footage, but you'll have to wait until March 2013 to play it."

But will it be enough to help Lara retake her thrown from Drake. And how will ND counter with Uncharted 4? :-?
    'Tomb Raider' looks slightly like 'The Hunger Games', with the bow and such.
    But will it be enough to help Lara retake her thrown from Drake.

Grammar_nazi_logo.png

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'Tomb Raider' looks slightly like 'The Hunger Games', with the bow and such.

Add some sexy at it and that is Lara Croft.

Recently i played Angel Of Darkness, and sincerely, i've got bored in the 2nd mission already. Thought it could be a good game, but it seems that the reviews and the overall notes the game sites gave for it, are right.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Regarding Tomb Raider- I am glad they finally made it so that she's not 'all boobs'. Even my girlfriend saw the trailer and expressed interest in playing it!! Now that's saying something

Looks like Lara is becoming a strong (serious) female character
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Despite all its detractors (and my own lowered expectations), I'm still waiting for Metal Gear Rising. Y'know, when the premise of the game was taken from a scene in MGS4 where Raiden breakdance-kills 3 Gekkos and fights off Vamp, why the f*ck were you expecting stealth?

http://thesnakesoup.org/?section=articles&content=jacksrevenge

Read this article, Metal Gear fans, and maybe you'll look at the game in a different light.

As for Tomb Raider, I still have yet to play the recent trilogy (Legend, Anniversary, Underworld), and would love too, but this new game has me interested a whole lot more. One thing I have to ask: Why does Lara, who's British, not sound as British? Don't get me wrong, I think she sounds hot, but what the hell is up with her voice now?
    edited June 2012 Posts: 40,474
    Gears of War: Judgment unveiled by Game Informer with two new covers, which appears you will play as Cole and Baird:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11889-Gears-of-War--Judgment-Revealed---Baird-and-Cole-Take-Centre-Stage.html

And while it isn't news, I found this to be very handy for anyone who A.) has Max Payne 3, and B.) plans on beating it on a harder difficulty or on New York Minute mode. It's a location for all the painkillers. I'm nearly halfway through on Hard difficulty, and I must say, a single painkiller can mean the difference between beating a section with ease, and having an incredibly tough time:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=371779
    Looking forward to the new Fox Engine....bring on MGS5 Hideo!!! The photo for the new engine look good.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited June 2012 Posts: 7,854
    God of War Ascension

The Last of Us

Resident Evil 6

Dead Space 3

• edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Trailer for Assassins Creed: Liberation. Spin off exclusive for Vita.

Assassin's Creed 3 gameplay.

It looks awesome, could definetly be game of the year, but I don't get how Connor keeps saying he's not on anyones side, even though we've only seen him kill redcoats? (he seems to even be the captain of an American ship in the second vid, or maybe he's posing as one for a mission or something, just have to wait for the game I suppose).

• edited June 2012 Posts: 2,107
    Oh my gentle jeez-ush! Watch Dogs , The Last of Us , Assassin's Creed III and Star Wars 1313 (which looks kind of like Uncharted in Star Wars Universe).

Even though 'The Last of Us' should be great like you can expect from Naughty Dog, only Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed III took my breath away. Wow! Great job Ubisoft. Your original work is excellent. You should maybe do Bond some justice one day.

This is for you Ubi :x

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Watch Dogs looks amazing! The graphics and gameplay are mindblowing, as well as the character models and everything! I can't believe it is open world. The rain near the end felt so real. This is a must own, I am confirming that already!!!
    Watch Dogs looks amazing! The graphics and gameplay are mindblowing, as well as the character models and everything! I can't believe it is open world. The rain near the end felt so real. This is a must own, I am confirming that already!!!

Agreed 100%! Also doesn't hurt that they're setting it in my home town :)
  • oo7oo7
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hxzv3xpob0?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hxzv3xpob0?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Chicago, Chicago--that toddlin' town.
    Chicago, Chicago--I will show you around. I love it.
    Bet your bottom dollar you'll lose the blues in Chicago, Chicago.
    The town that Billy Sunday couldn't shut down.

On State Street, that great street, I'd just want to say -
    They do things they don't do on Broadway.
    They have the time, the time of their life.
    I saw a man, he danced with his wife.
    In Chicago, Chicago, my home town.

Chicago, Chicago--I'll show you around. I love it.
    The town that Billy Sunday could not shut down.

On State Street that great street, I'd just like to say -
    They do things that they never do on Broadway.
    In Chicago... Chicago... Chicago.
    That's my hometown!

:D
    edited June 2012 Posts: 40,474
    Chicago, Chicago--I will show you around. I love it.
    The town that Billy Sunday couldn't shut down.

On State Street, that great street, I'd just want to say -
    They do things they don't do on Broadway.
    In Chicago, Chicago, my home town.

Chicago, Chicago--I'll show you around. I love it.
    The town that Billy Sunday could not shut down.

On State Street that great street, I'd just like to say -
    They do things that they never do on Broadway.
    In Chicago... Chicago... Chicago.
    That's my hometown!

:D

Classic!

Also go White Sox!

But on topic, Chicago has long been ignored in games (and Bond films) and it will make a great location for Watch Dogs and I can't wait to play around with it!
    I can't believe how brilliant the game looks @bondbat007. My jaw had to be picked up from the floor, honest. And I love the flapping trench coat in the wind!
    I am excited that the next Splinter Cell Game, Blacklist, is coming to PS3 as well, but Michael Ironside has been replaced! That's a game breaker right there for me. What were Ubisoft thinking?!
    I am excited that the next Splinter Cell Game, Blacklist, is coming to PS3 as well, but Michael Ironside has been replaced! That's a game breaker right there for me. What were Ubisoft thinking?!

Yeah, that really kills it for me. Ironside's voice made Sam Fisher who he is, and it's going to be a real shame having another voice actor take the helm.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Yeah, that really kills it for me. Ironside's voice made Sam Fisher who he is, and it's going to be a real shame having another voice actor take the helm.

Does anyone know why this has happened? Watching the demo I just thought that maybe Michael hadn't begun to voice the game or that part of the level yet, and assumed they substituted another voice actor in. The guy doesn't even sound Sam Fisher-ish. Grrrrrr. X(
    I have yet to watch the trailer (is there any gameplay?), just heard the news of Ironside's absence and instantly became livid, uninterested in giving the video a view.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I have yet to watch the trailer (is there any gameplay?), just heard the news of Ironside's absence and instantly became livid, uninterested in giving the video a view.

Yes, a trailer and gameplay.