Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

The Max Payne 3 cheaters idea is brilliant.

@Creasy47 When I first heard they were adding multiplayer for Brotherhood I thought it'd just be a stupid gimmick, and that it might affect the campaign (and they have gotten shorter since AC 2, but that's changing in the new one apparently). But even though it's nowhere near as good as the campaign it's still suprised me with how fun it was.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @thelivingroyale, that's good to hear. I know that the same thing happened with 'Bioshock 2': everybody loved the first, the second was released, and both the online and campaign were mediocre, from what I heard. It's why I never bothered checking the game out. I wonder if the same thing will befall 'Bioshock: Infinite', especially after numerous delays. The more a game is delayed, the better I expect it to be. Sadly, this is rarely the case.
  • oo7oo7
    @thelivingroyale forget expendables im awaiting feedback on the rambo game
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Yeah, playthroughs on YouTube or Wikipedia walkthroughs are always nice to read up on for a game you'll never get to play.

They're also nice for games you own, but don't necessarily want to play at the moment. I've watched select Metal Gear cutscenes many a time on YouTube. I also watched GoldenEye 007 Reloaded, even though I have the Wii version. Since I don't have a Vita, I'll be watching Uncharted: Golden Abyss, soon.
    Or, if you think a game might be too scary, it's always nice to go through a playthrough of one on Youtube and see what scares it might hold. I did that for the new 'Silent Hill: Downpour,' but the mechanics of the game looked like garbage, so I didn't even bother. Dead Space, on the other hand: no playthrough, and the game was incredibly freaky.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Yeah, Dead Space. In about 2010, I started watching a walkthrough of Dead Space: Extraction (the Wii prequel), and got about three chapters into the game on YouTube, then in 2011, I was actually able to play the game on the PS3, and the memory of those three chapters aided me something grand.
    Ubisoft promises big things with 'Splinter Cell: Blacklist,' including the return of co-op and Spies vs. Mercs:
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12042-Co-op-and-Spies-vs--Mercs-Return-for-Splinter-Cell--Blacklist--Ubisoft-Promising-Big-Things.html

'Skyrim: Dawnguard' DLC to be 10-20 hours long:
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12039-Skyrim’s-Dawnguard-Campaign-Around-10-to-20-Hours-Long.html

Neversoft are working on a 'Call of Duty' title:
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12035-Neversoft-Confirmed-to-be-Working-on-Call-of-Duty-Game.html
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Did Ubisoft promis Michael Ironside as the voice of Sam? Sorry, I'll quit now. I'm even annoying myself with this... :-<
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, they most certainly neglected the most important thing.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

I can't wait to get my hands on this. I will take each target, map out the entire area and do a full sweep, and then plan it out meticulously. I love games that give you this level of control. And the atmospheres up the ante, really making it feel tense as your target lays in front of you, and you know you have to draw them out.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    ^ It's nice to see the Blood Money camera return. I'd rather it that way, where you can swivel the camera around while 47 doesn't move.
    @MajorDSmythe, that camera movement helps so much, even with small things, like standing at a door you aren't supposed to go through, just waiting for a guard to leave the area behind you so you can get through.
    3D cameras always help. It certainly helped when they added one to MGS3.

I can't wait to get my hands on this. I will take each target, map out the entire area and do a full sweep, and then plan it out meticulously. I love games that give you this level of control. And the atmospheres up the ante, really making it feel tense as your target lays in front of you, and you know you have to draw them out.

The new instinct vision mode reminds me of eagle vision from AC.

I played the 1st 3 but skipped Bloodmoney, should I play it before I play this one?
    I would say so, @thelivingroyale. The game isn't too long, and I'm starting to think that the entirety of the plot will lead to the beginning of Absolution, just because BM's plot is pretty serious. You should give it a shot, it has some great levels, too: a Christmas party, a wedding, a neighborhood, the Tosca opera, a vineyard, etc.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I would say so, @thelivingroyale. The game isn't too long, and I'm starting to think that the entirety of the plot will lead to the beginning of Absolution, just because BM's plot is pretty serious. You should give it a shot, it has some great levels, too: a Christmas party, a wedding, a neighborhood, the Tosca opera, a vineyard, etc.

Thanks. I'll pick it up and play it soon.
    You're welcome. It's only on the Xbox 360, though, in terms of consoles.
    I currently have a 360 so that's fine.
    Good, you'll be set. It's less than $20 at GameStop.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Blood Money? It's also on the PS2 & XBX.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid=iGsn_KATnGk&annotation_id=annotation_725981&v=0yx18IpgOD4&feature=iv

Voting video about which people are more excited for, COD or MOH. This makes me think that for once, COD might actually not sell as much as previous games.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 40,620
    Good news for any Australians: they have finally lifted the ban on rated '18' games:
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12062-Australia-Ends-Ban-on-18-Rated-Games.html
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Good news for any Australians: they have finally lifted the ban on rated '18' games:
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12062-Australia-Ends-Ban-on-18-Rated-Games.html

Good for them. Just in time for AC 3 too :)
    Trailer showing AC 3's new weather/season system.

'Spec Ops: The Line' launch trailer releases; game releases tomorrow:

<!--[if IE]><object width="545" height="349" id="viddlerOuter-abd2461e" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/abd2461e/0/"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=27677575&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f&view_secret=27677575"><object id="viddlerInner-abd2461e"><video id="viddlerVideo-abd2461e" src="//www.viddler.com/file/abd2461e/html5mobile?openURL=27677575" type="video/mp4" width="545" height="307" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/abd2461e/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video></object></object><![endif]--> <!--[if !IE]> <!--> <object width="545" height="349" id="viddlerOuter-abd2461e" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="//www.viddler.com/player/abd2461e/0/"> <param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/abd2461e/0/"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=27677575&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f&view_secret=27677575"><object id="viddlerInner-abd2461e"> <video id="viddlerVideo-abd2461e" src="//www.viddler.com/file/abd2461e/html5mobile?openURL=27677575" type="video/mp4" width="545" height="307" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/abd2461e/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video> </object></object> <!--<![endif]-->

Does anybody plan on purchasing this? I saved up money for it, spent it on other things, and now I can't afford it; trying to save cash for my upcoming trip to the beach.
    ^
    I may, but not right away. I will likely replay the demo and see if I still feel the same about it, but having just Nolan North in it alone raises my excitement. The man is a legend. :D
    ^
    I may, but not right away. I will likely replay the demo and see if I still feel the same about it, but having just Nolan North in it alone raises my excitement. The man is a legend. :D

Yes, he is. I had no idea he was in the game, and right as the demo started up and I heard him, I got excited.

I, too, liked it, but not knowing how the multiplayer will pan out, along with the rumors that the SP is only 5 hours long - terrible waste, in my opinion - I'll give it a wait. Should be on Amazon or something for about $30 in the coming weeks, and I have way too many games to tackle as of now.