Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I think one of the most engrossing games I've ever played was 'Alan Wake.' I picked it up used a few weeks after release, and although it was only a 10-15 hour storyline, it was completely worth it. I need to pick it up soon (when I have the money) and play it again. Really fun and creepy.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    With the new SpyHunter on the way (2013 marks 30 years since the original arcade game)...

Trailer;

E3 Hands On:

What we see in the hands on looks better than the trailer, so I might just get a Vita to play that.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm amazed a new Spy Hunter is on the way, but what they forgot to list as a feature to that car was "No room for the driver".
    First 'Dead Space 3' trailer:
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/IkB8Y4oAjB4?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/IkB8Y4oAjB4?version=3&hl=en_US"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    Are those Dead Space games really as good as people make them out to be? I downloaded the free demo on the PSN for the first game and it didn't exactly blow me away....
    It was like 'ok I can cut a guy THIS way, and cut a guy THAT way', but nothing particularly special

But then it was just a quick demo too....
    @Master_Dahark, I quite enjoyed the puzzles and the creepy, dark atmosphere it gave me, and it was really fun being rushed by a few enemies, and praying your weapons can sever enough limbs to slow them down and buy you time. But, both the gore and scares do wear off after a while. I only played the first one, I've been wanting to play the second for months now.
    With the new SpyHunter on the way (2013 marks 30 years since the original arcade game)...

Trailer;

E3 Hands On:

What we see in the hands on looks better than the trailer, so I might just get a Vita to play that.

I've been seriously considering getting a vita because of Uncharted and the AC 3 spin off. With this as well I might just have to get one.
    'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' villain trailer:<object id="sbPlayer" width="625" height="377" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.springboardplatform.com/mediaplayer/springboard/video/cs006/71/517227/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.springboardplatform.com/mediaplayer/springboard/video/cs006/71/517227/"; width="625" height="377" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>
    It's COD so I'm suprised he isn't a Nazi or a Russian. Still, it looks they've changed things but it's still kind of meh. I'm just sick of COD. Maybe the sales will drop this year and the developers will take a hint.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Okay, I heard Tony Todd's voice from that general and I damn near crapped myself with excitement. The best thing Black Ops had going for it besides the overall storyline was the voices, and I'm glad to see they're still going strong with them. I just wish the bad guy would have talked. Or was Tony Todd the bad guy?
    edited July 2012 Posts: 40,621
    'Medal of Honor: Warfighter' multiplayer trailer:
    <!--[if IE]><object width="545" height="349" id="viddlerOuter-f039b2be" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/f039b2be/0/"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=52427800&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f&view_secret=52427800"><object id="viddlerInner-f039b2be"><video id="viddlerVideo-f039b2be" src="//www.viddler.com/file/f039b2be/html5mobile?openURL=52427800" type="video/mp4" width="545" height="307" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/f039b2be/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video></object></object><![endif]--> <!--[if !IE]> <!--> <object width="545" height="349" id="viddlerOuter-f039b2be" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="//www.viddler.com/player/f039b2be/0/"> <param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/f039b2be/0/"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=52427800&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f&view_secret=52427800"><object id="viddlerInner-f039b2be"> <video id="viddlerVideo-f039b2be" src="//www.viddler.com/file/f039b2be/html5mobile?openURL=52427800" type="video/mp4" width="545" height="307" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/f039b2be/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video> </object></object> <!--<![endif]-->

Shame. Not only does it look a lot more like 'Call of Duty' - moreso than the initial 'Medal of Honor' reboot - but it looks nowhere near 'better' in the graphics department than BF3.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 4,813
    I want a true sequel to MGS3 with Big Boss- I just couldn't get into Peace Walker.... I never bought it because I didn't have a PSP, and I bought it when it was released on that PS3 bundle, but I just couldn't play it that long.
    Give me a REAL game on the PS3 with REAL cutscenes. Half the reason I like Metal Gear is because they're like movies.

MGS3 remains my favorite one
    Your missing out by not playing it....the game is awesome and the story is really well written. MGS3 is a fantastic game, but Peace Walker is a true follow up to that.
    Alright-- I sat down and played again this weekend. Once I got reacquainted with the controls I played until I beat the part I was stuck on months ago (which was actually really easy once I realized what to do!)
    I'm now addicted! I Made a TON of progress; I just got to the part where I met Huey, and I'm finding myself hoping that I'm not too close to the end because I don't want it to be over!!
    @WillardWhyte Man I burned through that game-- thanks for convincing me to get back into it. Now I'm stuck on the Peace Walker MK2 boss (I'm assuming I'm at the end of the game...) Can't seem to beat it
    Outstanding to hear..Keep at it and aim for the AI Pod with missiles.

I am telling you as a gaming fan, Peace Walkers story line is one of the best I have been able to enjoy.
    Yay I beat it last night! Now I can have a tuxedo! :P You're right about the story- top notch! I also got to hear how old Big Boss was: 39. That means he was 29 during Snake Eater-- just like me! Now I'm gonna play that again
    http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/7/11/3151222/batman-arkham-city-follow-up-to-be-a-prequel

I want to be excited about this but I'm not seriously Am i the only person who just wants to play as Batman in a Batman game? at least i have the dark knight rises mobile game which will be out either this or next week.

I mean it's just a rumor so maybe hopefully it's all BS and the next game will be a proper gritty sequel to batman Arkham city.

but if not :(

I mean I'll still buy it hell I preordered injustice gods among us and we all know that game will be shit.
    Y'know, the only DC-related game I've enjoyed was Justice League Heroes. Why can't they make another game like that? Arkham Asylum bored me, MKvsDC just. plain. sucked. All the PS2 Batman games were pretty lame, and Superman hasn't had a decent game since... forever. Marvel's beating DC in good games, that's for sure.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    The next logical step for me would be an Arkham Asylum/City sequel set in Gotham. With Harley Quinn going for revenge. But they sort of ruined that by making Quinns revenge DLC (which apparently wasn't very good).

Didn't the Joker voice actor say he wouldn't voice the character anymore? I feel bad for whoever the new guy is if this story is true.
    Yes, Sadly, Mark Hamill has stepped down from voicing the Joker. The character will never be the same again.
    plus is it wrong that I just want to play as batman replaying batman begins is actually a lot of fun largely as for a good portion of the game your up against mobsters...

personally I would love it if rocksteady did maybe Batman :Narrows which allows you to explore Nolan's Gotham take on characters like Zsasz Carmin Falconie maybe include characters from the burton schumacher films Penguin Riddler and Mr Freeze. i think it would be very cool.
    Fans of the series are going to love this: Rocksteady is apparently eyeing a 1950's prequel to 'Batman: Arkham City,' set around the first time Batman meets Joker. This. Is. Awesome. Imagine what the game is going to look like, as it will retain the visuals of the comics:
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12274-Rocksteady-Reportedly-Working-on-Silver-Age-Batman--Arkham-City-Prequel.html
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,351
    That's interesting indeed and seems the right way to go for now before returning for the Arkham City follow up, if need be.

I still say a game based on The Dark Knight Trilogy would sell very well and people would have interest in playing it.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Now that's a good idea. Open world Gotham, with Arkham City combat, and the game stretches over Begins, Dark Knight and TDKR. Waynes training with the league of shadows could be the tutorial.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I hate that idea for a prequel. You can't just leave the story there, with everything up in the air! And Warner Bros. are just doing it to cash in. What a bummer...
    Two new screenshots from GTA V! After months of silence - as nice as the pictures are - this is all we are delivered. It's been eight months since the big reveal, and since a May 2013 release seems pretty likely now, they need to get on the ball with videos, new trailers, more screenshots, and information.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12288-Grand-Theft-Auto-V---What-s-Happened-To-It--Here-s-Two-New-Screens.html
    God, just a screenshot or two, just let me see a screenshot or two.

*looks at screenshots*

Now I want more >:)
    You and I both. Look at the effects and detail. Beautiful. I need news soon. The same thing that was said there was said months ago: 'We're hard at work, we'll have news for you soon.' They need to get on the ball.
    I think Rockstar can wait until nearer to Christmas, if they really wanted to.

It's going to be hard to take in that it will have been five years since the last game. Plus this will be the second - and final - game for the current consoles. Wow.
    People are speculating whether the screens are on next-gen consoles or PC. I go with the latter. The world is apparently the largest that Rockstar has ever dealt with - and they worked on LA Noire, which was massive - so with all of that detail, it has to be either of those, but I vote the latter.
    I agree. These screens must be running on the PC, even though next gen could be hear as early as next year, which just seems far too early, still but hey, what can I do?
    Rumors are the new Xbox will be out by next Christmas, around $300, and will run 8x more powerful than the Xbox 360. Some reports were leaked by a company that is working with Microsoft on the project, and they confirmed it all. I just don't think we're really ready for a new console just yet.
    I agree. The plan was 10 years, so 2015 - 2016, which to me sounded ideal, even 2014 I'd stomach but next year? It seems too soon as I'm sure the current consoles have more to give. For the first time ever, I won't be able to afford a new generation console at launch.

It's as if Sony and Microsoft are scared of the WiiU...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Two new screenshots from GTA V! After months of silence - as nice as the pictures are - this is all we are delivered. It's been eight months since the big reveal, and since a May 2013 release seems pretty likely now, they need to get on the ball with videos, new trailers, more screenshots, and information.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12288-Grand-Theft-Auto-V---What-s-Happened-To-It--Here-s-Two-New-Screens.html

Wow...