I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    That is not language. It's sound.

In Korean: 아 아
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Only Bond fans could get so snarky and heated over whether a mute guy spoke or not in a throwaway moment.
  • mattjoesmattjoes matjoevakia
    In For Your Eyes Only, I never really paid attention to the fact that Bond and Q actually spend a considerable amount of time working in the identigraph room. I find it interesting that Q leaves aside his own work at the lab to help Bond identify the suspect. I wonder if he is as accommodating with other agents, or is it just with double-ohs, or perhaps just with Bond, since his missions usually seem to be of great importance. I suppose this question also applies to The Living Daylights and Bond's search of KGB agents.

In Octopussy, the license plate of Kamal Khan's Rolls Royce reads KAM-1.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I think it's way more odd that he spends so much time traversing the globe to assist 007, rather than send an intermediary. That seems far more time consuming than a day of overtime in the lab.

Yep, that's one of the strange things. It's probably to get a beloved character back in a movie. He finds it highly irregular himself too (YOLT IIRC). Strange though how M degraded from head of MI6 (and 7, for a very short time ;-) ) to head of a double-oh 'programme'. That's one of the things I really didn't like about Spectre. A full programme for what, three agents withe a 00 status?
    mattjoes wrote: »
    In For Your Eyes Only, I never really paid attention to the fact that Bond and Q actually spend a considerable amount of time working in the identigraph room. I find it interesting that Q leaves aside his own work at the lab to help Bond identify the suspect. I wonder if he is as accommodating with other agents, or is it just with double-ohs, or perhaps just with Bond, since his missions usually seem to be of great importance. I suppose this question also applies to The Living Daylights and Bond's search of KGB agents.

In Octopussy, the license plate of Kamal Khan's Rolls Royce reads KAM-1.

I would guess it's a priority for Q to provide his services where there is the most priority such as assisting a OO in identifying a killer such as Locque. The guy has enough assistants after all. I mean isn't that his job?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Watching OP. I just realized that Kimberly Jones (one of Octopussy's circus babes) comes up to the check-in desk at the same time as Bond when he arrives at the hotel in Rajasthan and gives him a friendly glance. It has to be a coincidence, because Octopussy didn't know Bond was in town at the time, although they could have been tracking him as 'the man from the auction'.

I also noticed that when Magda passes Bond near the train tracks in Karl-Marx-Stadt (when he's carrying the box to hide his face) she gets a clear point blank look at him. Surprised she didn't recognize him.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited July 2017 Posts: 4,554
    In QoS, M says that Yusef Kabira had last been seen in Morocco. It seemed meaningless at the time; now, not so much.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    edited July 2017 Posts: 1,187
    TripAces wrote: »
    In QoS, M says that Yusef Kabira had last been seen in Morocco. It seemed meaningless at the time; now, not so much.
    Nice spot!

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Hm, that's cool. Likely a happy accident, but you bet your arse a meeting with Yusef and White in Morocco following Vesper's death is in my head canon now, where the pair discussed how Yusef would have to fake his death to throw Bond off Quantum's scent.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

A fine riposte to those cynics who say they just made it all up on the hoof. The Bloberhauser story arc was put in place from day one of pre production of CR.

Superlative screenwriting worthy of the master:

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @TheWizardOfIce, the best bit is the very end: the wince, followed by "hopefully it'll work."
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere

A fine riposte to those cynics who say they just made it all up on the hoof. The Bloberhauser story arc was put in place from day one of pre production of CR.

Superlative screenwriting worthy of the master:

give me a break, Flemings been planning this since he wrote A Shameful Dream.

Creasy47 wrote: »
    @TheWizardOfIce, the best bit is the very end: the wince, followed by "hopefully it'll work."

Hope you're not insinuating The Phantom Menace was anything other than a resounding success?
    Only Bond fans could get so snarky and heated over whether a mute guy spoke or not in a throwaway moment.

You haven't met a Star Wars fan? Although SW fans usually embrace small cameos from characters who simply are on screen to look like SW character. Many Bond fans want them to speak, to do things relevant to the plot, etc. When they are henchmen at least.
    Ludovico wrote: »

You haven't met a Star Wars fan? Although SW fans usually embrace small cameos from characters who simply are on screen to look like SW character. Many Bond fans want them to speak, to do things relevant to the plot, etc. When they are henchmen at least.

I try to keep my distance from the Star Wars crowd, as it's a bit like a Christian and an atheist trying to chat.

Oddjob isn't a cameo character though, he's a full on villain, so I was mystified why people were getting so up in arms about a trivial part of his character. I never see Oddjob get any criticism anyway; my feeling is he's untouchable outside of the brave who do speak up about his flaws.
    Ludovico wrote: »

I try to keep my distance from the Star Wars crowd, as it's a bit like a Christian and an atheist trying to chat.

Oddjob isn't a cameo character though, he's a full on villain, so I was mystified why people were getting so up in arms about a trivial part of his character. I never see Oddjob get any criticism anyway; my feeling is he's untouchable outside of the brave who do speak up about his flaws.

No he's not a cameo true but I many in this thread are.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Hope you're not insinuating The Phantom Menace was anything other than a resounding success?

It did win Best Picture six years in a row because of how incredible it was, so definitely not!

It did win Best Picture six years in a row because of how incredible it was, so definitely not!

I remember the Academy making that one exception. Not many people know that bit of trivia, but you can still find a picture in the deep web of George Lucas balancing all 6 Oscar trophies for Best Picture in his arms over at Skywalker ranch.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

I remember the Academy making that one exception. Not many people know that bit of trivia, but you can still find a picture in the deep web of George Lucas balancing all 6 Oscar trophies for Best Picture in his arms over at Skywalker ranch.

And remarkably the only person he thanked in all six of his speeches was Jar-Jar, despite being repeatedly reminding that Jar-Jar is not a real person.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I feel like this is relevant.

And remarkably the only person he thanked in all six of his speeches was Jar-Jar, despite being repeatedly reminding that Jar-Jar is not a real person.

Yeah, that was awkward, especially since he made it the final line of all his big acceptance speeches. He also thanked the Academy for both nominating and awarding Jar-Jar's actor with a Best Supporting Actor Oscar, when neither of those things actually happened. But people were so taken by the man's genius that they blew it off and let George do and say as he pleased.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

WOW

Hm, that's cool. Likely a happy accident, but you bet your arse a meeting with Yusef and White in Morocco following Vesper's death is in my head canon now, where the pair discussed how Yusef would have to fake his death to throw Bond off Quantum's scent.

It's confirmation bias but in my "head canon" as you said this is indeed what happened.
    This one only just became apparent to me as I was doing an art project involving Connery's films, but the titles of the five 60s movies with Sean would be ordered alphabetically in the same order that they released originally.
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    Craig's films have been released in alphabetical order so far as well.
  • As were Moore's first three (and his last three).

And Brosnan's first three (the 90s films).

And Lazenby's.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So were the non-EON films.
    So with the Craig films in alphabetical order, that projects BOND 25 with a title beginning S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, or Z.

Narrows it down.
    So with the Craig films in alphabetical order, that projects BOND 25 with a title beginning S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, or Z.

Narrows it down.

Can't be Shatterhand though.
    Dang. You're right. Maybe there's a Nordic spelling like SZHATTERHAND.