I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I'm pretty certain that Kratt whispers in Le Chiffre's ear during the card game on his boat. Afterwards, doesn't Kratt ask about the guests? To which Le Chiffre responds; "Give our guests xx minutes to leave. Or throw them overboard."

You may well be right. As I say utterly unmemorable.

How about Braun in LTK? Does he say ever anything? He stands in the background in quite a lot of scenes. But again screams when the car goes over the edge so probably doesnt count.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 1,031
    bondjames wrote: »
    NicNac wrote: »
    BT3366 wrote: »
    Locque never speaks in FYEO and he's on screen way more than Pushkin's guard.
    You are correct. Locque for the win I think.

Did Locque not say 'NAH! NAH! NOOOO! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH' when he is kicked over the cliff?
    I just viewed the scene on youtube. There was certainly an "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!" but no "NOOOO!".

Perhaps his mutism was overcome in that instance by a subconscious impulsive fear driven vocal reflex action? ;-)

I think 'NOOOOOO!' is actually Darth Vader in Return of the Jedi!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    BT3366 wrote: »
    Locque never speaks in FYEO and he's on screen way more than Pushkin's guard.
    You are correct. Locque for the win I think.

Did Locque not say 'NAH! NAH! NOOOO! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH' when he is kicked over the cliff?
    I just viewed the scene on youtube. There was certainly an "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!" but no "NOOOO!".

Perhaps his mutism was overcome in that instance by a subconscious impulsive fear driven vocal reflex action? ;-)

A most effective cure. Should be standard procedure for the future.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I'm pretty certain that Kratt whispers in Le Chiffre's ear during the card game on his boat. Afterwards, doesn't Kratt ask about the guests? To which Le Chiffre responds; "Give our guests xx minutes to leave. Or throw them overboard."

How about Braun in LTK? Does he say ever anything? He stands in the background in quite a lot of scenes. But again screams when the car goes over the edge so probably doesnt count.

Perez is the one I was trying to think of, from LTK. Had a smirk on his face all the time.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Perez is the one I was trying to think of, from LTK. Had a smirk on his face all the time.

He definately talks: at 1.22 (he's on the other end of the radio transmitter) and seen at 2.45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb251XpITMI
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

But says something in Spanish just before he fires the stinger so inelligible I'm afraid.
    Well, as far as I'm concerned a henchman who doesn't utter anything in a recognisable language is a non speaker ie OddJob. So, I reckon we should include all of those who grunt, scream and go 'AAAR'
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 1,031
    Well, as far as I'm concerned a henchman who doesn't utter anything in a recognisable language is a non speaker ie OddJob. So, I reckon we should include all of those who grunt, scream and go 'AAAR'

I recognised his use of Korean in the golf game - very intelligable in fact.

From his very own Wikipaedia page

'Notably, in this game Oddjob actually speaks.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oddjob
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well that's in the game, I don't think that counts. Stupid they put it in there, as he's supposed to be mute, Goldfinger himself says so. Adding he isn't a very good caddy.
    Well that's in the game, I don't think that counts. Stupid they put it in there, as he's supposed to be mute, Goldfinger himself says so. Adding he isn't a very good caddy.

And the game's in the film.
    Dennison wrote: »

You know what he means.

You know what he means.

'Ah ah'

You know what he means.

'Ah ah'

상인을 바람처럼 보아라.
    Ah Ah is Ha Ha backwards. I think he is crying.
    Ah Ah is Ha Ha backwards. I think he is crying.

Or he's a secret fan of the popular 80s beat combo from Norway, and only admits it in riddles?
    So hiring them was a clever homage to GF?
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia

Apart from the fact that it's audible enough for one to quote it:

'Mr Drax say to telephone him'

You really must give me the name of your otologist - so I can avoid him.

Hahahaha, whoops! I was thinking of when Chang puts his hand up to the centrifuge controller's ear and whispers. Completely forgot about when Chang tells Goodhead that Drax wants her. Unacceptable given that MR is one of my top 3 favorites and I've seen it at least 80 times :))

I love this forum!
  • Che Che has a good amount of screen time for only groaning once (unlike Oddjob's two clearly formed words, which, while not English, are still clearly spoken words, despite what Goldfinger may have to say about his mutism).

Apart from the fact that it's audible enough for one to quote it:

'Mr Drax say to telephone him'

You really must give me the name of your otologist - so I can avoid him.

Hahahaha, whoops! I was thinking of when Chang puts his hand up to the centrifuge controller's ear and whispers. Completely forgot about when Chang tells Goodhead that Drax wants her. Unacceptable given that MR is one of my top 3 favorites and I've seen it at least 80 times :))

I love this forum!

Popped into my head as soon as you typed it....that's why I was straight on the keyboard haha ;)

The computer game, is as far as I know, not in the film, as they didn't have computer games at the time..

"n the video game James Bond 007, Oddjob appears multiple times as a henchman for the game's main villain, General Golgov. The first time is when Bond encounters Oddjob at his hotel room in Marrakesh. The two fight, and Bond is defeated and left stranded in a desert. Later on, Bond trails Oddjob to Tibet, only to be captured. Bond escapes confinement and obtains a shield to protect him from Oddjob's hats, which he uses to deflect back at him. Notably, in this game Oddjob actually speaks.'

The computer game, is as far as I know, not in the film, as they didn't have computer games at the time..

"n the video game James Bond 007, Oddjob appears multiple times as a henchman for the game's main villain, General Golgov. The first time is when Bond encounters Oddjob at his hotel room in Marrakesh. The two fight, and Bond is defeated and left stranded in a desert. Later on, Bond trails Oddjob to Tibet, only to be captured. Bond escapes confinement and obtains a shield to protect him from Oddjob's hats, which he uses to deflect back at him. Notably, in this game Oddjob actually speaks.'

I was referring to the golf game, naturally.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    I only just discovered that the same actor who played Tyrone in Snatch, was Infante in CR. :O I watched these films 5 days apart and couldn't even tell! Usually I'm good at recognizing faces. P.S. if you haven't ever watched Snatch you must. It stars Benicio del Toro and slips in a FRWL reference too.
  • And it has Goldie from TWINE!

I just watched Snatch last week too. Such a fun film. Benicio del Toro is classic as always. I love him as Frankie Four Fingers. "So...vat do you know?" Wish he was in more of the film.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Yeah, it's impossible to not recognize Goldie haha.

Now that I think about it, all 3 actors were in the same scene during the film. Although, Benicio does have a tea cozy on his head so it could've been anyone playing him I suppose.
    Watched A View to a Kill over the weekend. Only noticed on this viewing how much they used sound effects from TSWLM - the sound the big globe makes is used on Stacey's Apple Computer and some sound effects from when the subs escape the Liparus at the end is used during the fire in the elevator at City Hall.
    They have a sound library. Many sound effects get used multiple times.
    They have a sound library. Many sound effects get used multiple times.

Yes I know.

Well he doesn't speak any Korean during the golf game now does he? The literal citation you made I posted completely above. He talks during the golf game in the video game, not in the film, as he's mute you see? As Goldfinger says so in the film, at the start of the golf game (in the film).....

As you can see, videogames corrupt the minds of our youth!

Well he doesn't speak any Korean during the golf game now does he? The literal citation you made I posted completely above. He talks during the golf game in the video game, not in the film, as he's mute you see? As Goldfinger says so in the film, at the start of the golf game (in the film).....

As you can see, videogames corrupt the minds of our youth!

He says 'Ah ah' - pretty obvious really, surprised you missed it. Watch Goldfinger again.
    That is Korean?