I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yes, him and Benny Hill.
  • Yes, him and Benny Hill.

And Ronnie Corbett
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I am sure it is Terry who is the Blofeld henchman that is shot by Bond on the staircase in the volcano - just before Bond's set to with Hans. He's certainly been about.

I've not ever noticed that before but there's no credit for him being in YOLT on IMDb.
    Sorry if this one has been noticed before - Blofeld's guards in the pre-credit sequence of DAF both appear in OHMSS. Terry Mountain appears as Raphael, the Draco goon who fights Bond on the beach in the pre-credit sequence and the other (unknown?) fights Bond in the bell shed after the first ski chase.

Very good spot @Fountainbridge1 .
    I also knew about side-burns man but not Terry,but I can see it now.
    Any continuity in Bond films is always welcome.

• Thanks guys. Good to be back after a long absence.
    Keep spotting things like that and you are most welcome back haha ;)
  • OHMSS - about 53.14 mins into the film, the long shot of the helicopter landing at Piz Gloria - when Blofeld's henchman helps Bond out of the 'copter, Bond slips on the ice and falls.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'm still not sure he was in YOLT though.
    OHMSS - about 53.14 mins into the film, the long shot of the helicopter landing at Piz Gloria - when Blofeld's henchman helps Bond out of the 'copter, Bond slips on the ice and falls.

Hahaha really ? I will come back to this page and check that next time I watch it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2017 Posts: 28,694
    OHMSS - about 53.14 mins into the film, the long shot of the helicopter landing at Piz Gloria - when Blofeld's henchman helps Bond out of the 'copter, Bond slips on the ice and falls.

Could be a purposeful move on Bond's part, to appear out of it as Bray. He later plays up a lack of coordination while playing around with the Angels too.

Could be a purposeful move on Bond's part, to appear out of it as Bray. He later plays up a lack of coordination while playing around with the Angels too.

That's a very good point,actually.
  • OHMSS - about 53.14 mins into the film, the long shot of the helicopter landing at Piz Gloria - when Blofeld's henchman helps Bond out of the 'copter, Bond slips on the ice and falls.

Certainly ties in with Bond's portrayal of Bray.
  • FYEO -When Q presses the security key pad he plays the first five notes of "Nobody Does It Better" - Bond finishes it with the last two.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The center of Blofeld's complex in SP looks a lot like the central pod of Drax's space station.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Kronsteen is in CR 67.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    I never knew that "Aki" in Japanese means "Autumn" (Fall) until yesterday. Surprised that it never came up before.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I never knew that "Aki" in Japanese means "Autumn" (Fall) until yesterday. Surprised that it never came up before.

I always assumed they shortened Akiko's name to Aki for her character. I never thought about what it translated to.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer

I always assumed they shortened Akiko's name to Aki for her character. I never thought about what it translated to.

My understanding is that she insisted her character's name be Aki after Mie Hama 'stole' her role in the film. Must be a semi-popular name like April in the US.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    "Kissy" means "Anal Fissures" in some language.

What a 'shit' comment ;)

My understanding is that she insisted her character's name be Aki after Mie Hama 'stole' her role in the film. Must be a semi-popular name like April in the US.

Could be. It's an interesting thought. Especially with how much reverence for the seasons that the Japanese have.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Plenty of Bond regulars in CR '67: Kronsteen, Bruce Kwouk, Ruby, Milton Reid, Ursula Andress.
    Caroline Munro!
    Not an Eon film, so here. I think she was like 16.
    FotosArtC1323.jpg
    7c0cea4139d0954bb03b40eab0068aaa.jpg
    Poor girl....a baptism of shit in her TV career.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    It's taken me this long to realise that Robert Wagner is connected to both Bond girls from DAF, since he's married to Jill St. John and was previously twice married to Natalie Wood, sister of Lana Wood.
    Connected, indeed.
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    It's taken me this long to realise that Robert Wagner is connected to both Bond girls from DAF, since he's married to Jill St. John and was previously twice married to Natalie Wood, sister of Lana Wood.

Yes, quite a small world. It's also somewhat disturbing to see how Lana's character died in the movie, and what would happen to Natalie later on.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    For TLD's 30th anniversary:

Never noticed that there is a brief throw away scene when Pushkin is first being introduced they have cameras taking pictures of him with a little satellite transmitter sound going. The camera then zooms on a yacht in the sea. It is the yacht we later see Bond taken too to meet Leiter. It was the CIA taking pictures of Pushkin.

Also Pushkin's body guard has a good deal of screen time and never says a word. Beyond Oddjob, he might be the second longest on screen muted character (since Jaws and Hinx both speak).
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Also Pushkin's body guard has a good deal of screen time and never says a word. Beyond Oddjob, he might be the second longest on screen muted character (since Jaws and Hinx both speak).

Vargas?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited July 2017 Posts: 7,996
    For TLD's 30th anniversary:

Never noticed that there is a brief throw away scene when Pushkin is first being introduced they have cameras taking pictures of him with a little satellite transmitter sound going. The camera then zooms on a yacht in the sea. It is the yacht we later see Bond taken too to meet Leiter. It was the CIA taking pictures of Pushkin.

Makes sense. Another thing though, I've always wondered about his girlfriend's hair: in those scenes it seems she has short hair (stuck up) whereas she obviously has long hair in the room when she's to distract the guard.

One thing that amazes me most though: how many members manage to watch CR'67 to see who's actually playing in that film. I've tried several times but I never know what I'm actually looking at, or who.
    w2bond wrote: »

Vargas?

Vargas does speak,when they think the boat blades have killed Bond,after finding his oxygen tank from his scuba gear.

He says "Let's go and tell Largo" and dashes off.