I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    I always though that aswell, although it dosen't make me feel less for the scene.
    What get's me is in the medium shot you can tell that Bond had cut all the laces, then in the close-up there are maybe two or three left to cut.
    A cool bit of trivia:

Judi Dench has more screen time in Skyfall alone than Desmond Llewelyn had in his 17 films as Q, making her portrayal of M the most recurrent character in the series after Bond himself.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A cool bit of trivia:

Judi Dench has more screen time in Skyfall alone than Desmond Llewelyn had in his 17 films as Q, making her portrayal of M the most recurrent character in the series after Bond himself.

Wow, didn't know that. That's wild.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Interesting fact. :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Never noticed before that the sinking house in Venice in CR ( Pinewood set) looks very much like the hotel Dr Goodhead stays in in MR (real location).
    Watched SPECTRE a second time last night.

Among the names of those who died for their country, written on the wall towards the end, is Emma Pill. Clearly a reference to the Diana Rigg character.
    I find that a bit hard to swallow, probably need a glass of water. :)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Watched SPECTRE a second time last night.

Among the names of those who died for their country, written on the wall towards the end, is Emma Pill. Clearly a reference to the Diana Rigg character.

As it has been already said, it is clearly a reference to the REAL Emma Pill: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0683468/?ref_=fn_al_nm_2

;)
    Ha! Didn t know that, but makes sense.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    A continuity error I just noticed in the NSNA pre-titles.

Bond leans over one side of the building and sees the guards through and open window (or possibly missing window). He looks over the other side of the building and there are Venetian blinds (or whatever the correct word is) closed over the window. He then proceeds to through a flash bang grenade into the room. How did he do this? When he swings into the room he crashed through the still closed blinds.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    The real question is... how come you were watching NSNA? :-P I do remember that part. It's a scene that never really convinced me. Same goes for the 'victim'. Why would she kill Bond, as it were? makes no sense. If she had been brainwashed there would've been no need to tie her down. And since when are assassins and spies trained to free hostages?
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Ian Bonar plays an MI6 employee who is in the Vauxhall Cross office which explodes at the start of Skyfall; you can see him behind Tanner a couple of times. He obviously survived since he is the same guy who tells Q that 009 has come to pick up his car in Spectre, where he is now credited as Q's Assistant.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    In DAD, the guy who utters the 'Fidel Castrato' line in Cuba (actor Ian Pirie) is credited as 'Creep', but within the film his name is 'J. Krug', as seen on his admission letter to the Alvarez Clinic. Personally, I would've credited him as 'Fidel' or 'Castrato', because the line, cheesy or not, is quite memorable- and besides, the film is already littered with creeps! (Zao, Graves, Kil etc.)

Additionally, the clinic admission letter itself contains several requests from the patient, asking the patient not to eat on the morning of arrival as well as a requirement to pay the bill 'in full, prior to commencement of the treatment as there may be a risk of death' :))
    @QBranch, that's right, I never noticed any of that, especially the last bit! Very funny.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    How the hell do you know these things?
    The same way I found out your name! :P In the film, it's difficult to read the text on the letter- especially the bottom paragraph- considering it's covered up and written in Spanish... However, a while back I found some close-ups of the prop online, just finished making the letter this evening, actually. Might start work on the folder tomorrow after work.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1567/23666125063_2504b1c6e8_o.png
    I only noticed recently that Silva's name is not included on the memorial wall in SP. Shame really, M does mention it in SF. Could have been a nice opportunity for continuity.
    TR007 wrote: »
    I only noticed recently that Silva's name is not included on the memorial wall in SP. Shame really, M does mention it in SF. Could have been a nice opportunity for continuity.

Likewise Ronson, Captain Naz Hussein and the others mentioned throughout that film as having died in exactly the circumstances that would merit their inclusion on that wall. Can't understand why they didn't include them.

edited January 2016 Posts: 40,486

I always thought this didn't count with the continuity since M says she'll have his name struck off, but then again, I don't see them going out of their way to enter the ruined remains of MI-6, just to remove his name from the wall when the entire place will be demolished, anyway. So yes, the exclusion of his name doesn't make sense; however, it is possible that they never got around to adding Ronson, Hussein, and the other undercover agents due to the attack on MI-6.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 2,667
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I always thought this didn't count with the continuity since M says she'll have his name struck off, but then again, I don't see them going out of their way to enter the ruined remains of MI-6, just to remove his name from the wall when the entire place will be demolished, anyway. So yes, the exclusion of his name doesn't make sense; however, it is possible that they never got around to adding Ronson, Hussein, and the other undercover agents due to the attack on MI-6.

Actually I confess I hadn't thought of that. If they moved out of the building immediately after the attack, as we saw in SF, then it makes sense that those names were never added.

QBranch wrote: »
    The same way I found out your name! :P In the film, it's difficult to read the text on the letter- especially the bottom paragraph- considering it's covered up and written in Spanish... However, a while back I found some close-ups of the prop online, just finished making the letter this evening, actually. Might start work on the folder tomorrow after work.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1567/23666125063_2504b1c6e8_o.png

Nice work @Qbranch!
    edited January 2016 Posts: 13,943
    Cheers, @CommanderRoss! I was a bit concerned the signature and stamp wouldn't translate properly, but it turned out well. I made a letter for J. Krug and one for Jinx, but instead of reading Ms. 'Johnson', I changed the surname to 'Jordan'. (back on topic) When Jinx gives Dr. Alvarez the Cayman Islands cheque, we clearly see that by the text on the cheque and her signature, her surname reads 'Johnson', but shortly after, Jinx burns the cheque along with her medical file, with the surname 'Jordan' appearing on both. Later on, when Bond sees the burnt papers in the bin, they still say 'Jordan'.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1538/24019773990_33825fecc3_o.png

Of course it makes sense that she would use an alias. Also, there were several cheques produced for the film, some left blank; some have signatures in different styles of handwriting- but they read 'Jordan'.

http://www.scifihobby.com/products/loadimage.cfm?SETID=151&Image=rc1.jpg

Therefore it seems the cheque Jinx gives Alvarez- the one that reads 'Johnson'- is a continuity error. It also seems the signature on the cheque Alvarez holds in his hands has a different style of handwriting again, but it's hard to tell from a distance.

As an aside, it would be interesting to learn which other characters besides Bond use an alias in the films and novels.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    You can actually see "The Hilton Hotel" at the entrance of the Whyte House.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Everyone else probably picked this up years ago. I feel like an idiot, but this is the first time that I realized that the music from the song SURRENDER is worked in throughout the score of TOMORROW NEVER DIES.

Yes, most notably at the crux of the remote control car chase.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Everyone else probably picked this up years ago. I feel like an idiot, but this is the first time that I realized that the music from the song SURRENDER is worked in throughout the score of TOMORROW NEVER DIES.

If I recall it had something to do with the fact that Surrender was originally going to be the theme.
    First Bond UK #1, Winner of a Golden Globe and Oscar nominated ?
    I hope Eon keep making such blunders. ;)
    Most of the best Bonds never got any major awards. Sam Smith is a flavor of the month. Does anyone seriously think that people in 50 years will listen to writings on the wall or recognize it instantly?
    " Most of the best Bonds never got any major awards". So you want that to
    Continue ? :) getting the UK #1 is a big mile stone ( not for you obviously)
    Same with the golden globe and the possibility of winning an Oscar ! It's all
    Good to me. I hope Bond ( in all media) continues to win awards and prizes. :D
    I honestly couldn't care less whether the Bond films ever won an Oscar, particularly if it means the films need to become pretentious tosh. They got along fine without them. I don't think anyone outside the UK cares about the UK charts.

I answered your question-care to answer mine?
    You didn't actually phrase it as a question, and as you seem to be taking this simple
    discussion personally, I'll drop out. ;)