I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I took that picture. Me and Eva go way back.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited December 2015 Posts: 40,486
    jake24 wrote: »

To Brady, them's fighting words.

So I'm an idiot, but I JUST realized that in the SP PTS, the explosion is caused by Bond shooting the bomb inside the room. Couldn't have been more obvious, and I'm probably the only one who didn't know it (I must be braindead once I watch this movie or something), but it took me four viewings to finally catch this. All I could think was "OHHHHHHHH...wow."
    Love that purple dress.

Sorry. Had to.

VesperLyndPurple.jpg

stunning image!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

To Brady, them's fighting words.

So I'm an idiot, but I JUST realized that in the SP PTS, the explosion is caused by Bond shooting the bomb inside the room. Couldn't have been more obvious, and I'm probably the only one who didn't know it (I must be braindead once I watch this movie or something), but it took me four viewings to finally catch this. All I could think was "OHHHHHHHH...wow."

Well in your defence, the guy did have a bad breath. Could've been that too...
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Noticed last night in spectre, in the torture scene.
    when the camera is on Madeleine talking to Bond,
    her hand is on his neck but when the camera changes
    To look at Bond, her hands not there.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2015 Posts: 28,694
    One thing I realized was a sort of visual motif for Mr. White that continues in QoS and SP.

When he's in Siena in the beginning of QoS he's weak and sitting limply in a chair, connected to an IV drip pole, and the first time we see him in SP, he looks exactly the same, connected to yet another drip pole, and weaker than ever.

http://www.ramascreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Quantum-Of-Solace-Jesper-Christensen--e1417798819378.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-uLRyddppQtI/Vj9peWNtCqI/AAAAAAAET2g/LUpE2SdUASA/s1600/James_Bond-Spectre-Jesper_Christensen-027.jpg
    Nice spot, but he does look relatively find at the opera in Qos.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Nice spot, but he does look relatively find at the opera in Qos.

Yeah, of course he is sitting and we only get a glimpse of him. I just wanted to share what I felt were interesting motifs for the films that must've been on the team's mind.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    It was only on my third and final cinema viewing that I noticed the octopus bullet hole pattern created by Bond when he fires at Blofeld through the safety glass in the basement of MI6. We don't get a closeup shot but it's quite clearly deliberate.
    Maybe I'm reading too much into it but isn't the cuckoo analogy also an allusion to the ornithology book that inspired the name James Bond? Far fetched I know but it crossed my mind.
    During the Skyfall title sequence, Judi Dench's name appears over a tombstone.

You can spot M's real name on the box moneypenny gives bond at the end of skyfall.
    Her real name is: Olivia Mansfield

You can spot M's real name on the box moneypenny gives bond at the end of skyfall.

I really need to rewatch it.
  • I just noticed yesterday watching QoS that Vesper's necklace isn't silver, it's two-toned silver/gold. I always thought it was silver.
    edited December 2015 Posts: 40,486

The timing of that alludes to her inevitable death at the end of the film, I love it. I found it pretty clever when I caught it for the first time during the title sequences since I already knew she was going to die.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

The timing of that alludes to her inevitable death at the end of the film, I love it. I found it pretty clever when I caught it for the first time during the title sequences since I already knew she was going to die.
    Could you point where? I can't see a single name...
    :-/

The meeting scene in SP is very much like King Lear's passation of power in the National Theatre production of 2014, directed by... Sam Mendes.
    It's subtle, but around 1:05 in the video, her name appears and starts to disappear just as soon as its overlaid atop a tombstone.
    It's subtle, but around 1:05 in the video, her name appears and starts to disappear just as soon as its overlaid atop a tombstone.

In that tombstone? Olivia?? :-B :-??
    @ggl007, no no, you're mixing up the two bits of trivia. The name 'Olivia Mansfield' can be briefly seen on the box handed to Bond by MP on the rooftop at the end of SF. In the title sequence video posted above, at 1:05, Judi Dench's name appears (as part of the cast) and as it appears and begins to disappear, it's overlaid atop a tombstone, alluding to her death at the end of the movie.
    @ggl007, no no, you're mixing up the two bits of trivia. The name 'Olivia Mansfield' can be briefly seen on the box handed to Bond by MP on the rooftop at the end of SF. In the title sequence video posted above, at 1:05, Judi Dench's name appears (as part of the cast) and as it appears and begins to disappear, it's overlaid atop a tombstone, alluding to her death at the end of the movie.
    Ah! Thanks! You are right, sorry. I mix it all. My fault.

Not sure about the symbolism...
    I think it's too convenient for her name to appear and disappear at the same time the camera perfectly pans over a tombstone.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I thought the symbolism was a given.

As did I.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I was watching TLD yesterday. When Bond cuts the laces on his shoes (which Necros was holding onto) I noticed that there was netting (which was holding the bags) all around Necros. All he had to do was grab the netting (as Bond was doing) when the shoe fell off Bond's foot and he wouldn't have plunged to his death, complete with throat clearing legendary Glen scream.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I was watching TLD yesterday. When Bond cuts the laces on his shoes (which Necros was holding onto) I noticed that there was netting (which was holding the bags) all around Necros. All he had to do was grab the netting (as Bond was doing) when the shoe fell off Bond's foot and he wouldn't have plunged to his death, complete with throat clearing legendary Glen scream.

Every single time I watch the finale of TLD, I think the same thing: why was the boot the be-all-end-all for Necros? Just grab the netting, you idiot! I hope this was the last thought running through his mind as he plummeted to the ground.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Perhaps he thought grabbing the netting was something a girl would
    Do, and rightly decided death was the better option ? :D
    Perhaps he thought grabbing the netting was something a girl would
    Do, and rightly decided death was the better option ? :D

If so, that's what makes him the man he is! ;)

Thinking about the finale makes me want to put it in and watch it now...
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Every single time I watch the finale of TLD, I think the same thing: why was the boot the be-all-end-all for Necros? Just grab the netting, you idiot! I hope this was the last thought running through his mind as he plummeted to the ground.

Do you know something? That's an excellent point I'd never even considered before. It'll probably mar that scene a tad when I next watch it! :D
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Do you know something? That's an excellent point I'd never even considered before. It'll probably mar that scene a tad when I next watch it! :D

It doesn't necessarily lessen the scene for me, but every time that little bit of it happens, I can't help but say to myself "Do it...just grab the netting. It's right there. Just grab it. Why are...why...wow. You're falling to your death."
    I always though that aswell, although it dosen't make me feel less for the scene.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Why oh why didn't TLD end after "I know a good restaurant in Karachi“?