"Name That Quote"

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, no problem, Brady! Looking forward to the quote you post tomorrow. Hopefully I'm around to catch it.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    As I said in this thread...http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/488/the-james-bond-movie-trivia-quiz/p32#Item_947... you need to keep these threads moving.
    Yes it's fun to stump people with them, but not to the extent that they get bored.
    Also use the rules of the game to your advantage.

Rules
    1. Must be a complete quote (part quotes are not acceptable)
    2. Must be a quote from Bond films that are accessible to all. No deleted scenes or alternate ending quotes.
    3. You must in your answer name the film, person or persons that the quote is from, and a brief description of the scene in which it's from.
    4. All the James Bond films can be used.*CR54 should be left out as it is not readily available to everyone.
    5. If a new quote is not posted within 24 hours of that person winning the turn that person forfeits there turn and the go is open to the first person to post a new quote.
    6. Only one guess per post (no double posting, either!)
    7. Quotes must be a complete sentence. And more than one word.
    8. Skyfall quotes acceptable only after release of dvd and blu-ray. (In all regions)

Often I see this thread dry up because the winner of the quote has not posted a new one, and everyone is sat waiting. Use the 24 hour rule.

So with that in mind, rather than make us wait, why not just post a new quote sooner rather than later?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Alright, if you insist:

"Mr. Bond, it's good to see you again."
    Tee Hee to Bond in LALD when the former surprises the latter on the train during the finale?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That would be it!
    "Suppose that's something."
    Bond to Dryden in CR, when he knows where he keeps his gun?
    @Benny, you've got it. Over to you.
    An easy one...

"Yes, isn't everyone?"
    Bond to Volpe in TB as they're dancing at the Kiss Kiss Club?
    I can visualize the scene but can't quite remember who said it. Is it Connery in Thunderball when he asks a girl to dance with him ?, but it's been so long since I saw the film. It was something that first came to mind

looks like Creasy 47 beat me to it. I didn't realize it was Fiona Volpe though. Well done
    Actually @Baltimore_007 has it.
    It was the girl at the 'Kiss kiss club' who Bond dances with.
    Bond - "Thank-you I'd love to." As he drags her from the bar to dance.
    Girl - "You're mad don't you know?" She says laughing at Bonds antics.
    Bond - "Yes, isn't everyone?"

Over to you @Baltimore_007.
    Quick bit of trivia regarding said scene. The girl is played by Diane Hartford who has a small cameo in CR. The longest gap that an actor has had two different roles in the Bond series I beleive.
    Of course I'm sure many Bond fans already knew that.
    @Benny, yeah, the girl who plays alongside (or against, rather) Bond when he is battling Dimitrios at cards.
    Thanks @Benny I'll be back in 24 hours with a new quote..

In all seriousness, 24 seconds is all that is required, as let's go with -

'I wonder what it can be'
    Is that Nick Nack to Scaramanga in TMWTGG?
    Nic-Nac to Scaramanga whilst in the funhouse in TMWTGG...and @Creasy47 has just posted the answer.
    Yes. It was Nick Nack to Christopher Lee in the fun palace on the Scaramanga Island.

I.e. - 'there is something we haven't had before'... and so on

@Creasy47 up next

edited March 2013 Posts: 40,490
    Benny wrote:
    Nic-Nac to Scaramanga whilst in the funhouse in TMWTGG...and @Creasy47 has just posted the answer.

Just nearly! Apologies, friend.

"Must you break off at this time every evening?"

I'm heading out for a cigarette and to grab some food. Will return shortly to announce the winner.
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Maybe Bond to Electra in TWINE when he is going off on patrols? It has been a while since I have seen it, but I get a feeling it is Bond being protective over someone by going to survey the area. This is the first thing that came to my mind, and I recall him scouting the area outside where she is stationed at where MI6 is trying to protect her from dying like her father.
    No, it's Doctor No, when they're playing a card game and one of them has to depart.

Was it Professor Dent ?, (who had to leave). I don't know the name of the actual character that said it, or maybe they didn't even have a name. I feel I really should know for sure, but haven't watched it for a long time. If someone can give a more definitive answer they can have it, but quietly confident. Too late for me, so calling it a night
    It could also be in DN when the men playing cards with Strangways say that to him when he is leaving (though he doesn't know he is going to his death) to call into MI6. Sorry for these two guesses I have now, if that breaks any rules.
    Isn't is Colonel Potter in DN to Strangways?
    When Strangways has to break up the card game to report?
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Benny wrote:
    Isn't is Colonel Potter in DN to Strangways?
    When Strangways has to break up the card game to report?
    Yeah, that's the moment I am referring to. It sounds more reliable than my first answer, and Baltimore mentioning DN sparked it for me. We will have to wait for @Creasy47's return to see for sure.
    Yep, it's Potter to Strangways in the beginning of DN. @Benny has it, over to you.
    Thank you.

"Lead on."
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Benny wrote:
    Thank you.

"Lead on."

Bond to Verity in Die Another Day?
    HASEROT wrote:
    Benny wrote:
    Thank you.

"Lead on."

Bond to Verity in Die Another Day?

Well done @haserot
    A tougher one, and one I thought might stump a few. Over to you.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    "Understood, carry on."
    Another tough one. I really don't know for sure, but it does sound like a Bond and M scene, or to be more specific, the Connery Bond and the Lee M, and a release from the early 1960s. It's a shot in the dark, but could be from either Dr No or FRWL, so will go with James Bond himself to M, with the aforementioned names, but this is difficult, once again
    nope.. try again :)