"Name That Quote"

Comments

Seems to me like a control to astronaut line in YOLT...
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    nope :)
    I think I got it, it is You Only Live Twice, but its when Bond is in Little Nellie looking for Blofeld's base...right? Bond says "Hello base one, there's nothing here but volcanoes" and Tanaka (I think) responds "Understood, carry on". :D
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    jfree92 wrote:
    I think I got it, it is You Only Live Twice, but its when Bond is in Little Nellie looking for Blofeld's base...right? Bond says "Hello base one, there's nothing here but volcanoes" and Tanaka (I think) responds "Understood, carry on". :D

you sir are correct! :-D

carry on..
    Hmm as I understand it is my turn now...ok how about:

"How about a cigarette?" :)
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 174
    I believe that would be Bond to Grant in the train compartment in FRWL, which he offers to pay for with the 50 sovereigns in his briefcase.
    Great scene btw :)
    Yup congratz :)
  • Thanks @jfree92 now the new quote:

"not immediately. But I'm sure I shall"
  • That's Dr Goodhead in response to Bond asking her to go for a drink in Moonraker
  • That's correct @Rogertheclown
    over to you.
  • Ok here goes..."That sounds like a dismissal"
  • Bond says it to Countessa Lisl in FYEO when she offers him her car.
    He was disappointed not to be offered breakfast first if I recall. His self esteem must have been hurting...........poor Roger
    :))
  • Haha poor Rog indeed! Over to you @baronsamedi76 :)
  • I will post a new quote soon, off to watch a bond movie right now. Gonna find something in it thats a bit tougher for us all ;)
  • Right, here goes:

"No. It's too early"
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 3,236
    Bond to Miss Taro in Dr. No?
    I think it's Helga Brandt in You Only Live Twice - to Bond

He wants her to have a drink with him ?
  • It is Bond to Helga Brandt ;)
    No, it's Helga Brandt to James Bond isn't it ?

That's what I went with. Quietly confident, although you may well be right. It's one or the other, either way..
  • I am positive it is Bond to her. Both Osato and her enjoy a glass in the morning. However Bond says it is bad for your liver.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'm thinking it's Boris in GE to Alec?
    Alec "Prepare the dish."
    Boris "No, it's too early. I am not ready."

At least, that's my guess.
  • @Benny has the right answer, Sorry to the rest of you if that same quote is in YOLT.
    over to you @Benny

Thank you.
    Ok, the new quote is...

"Am I right?"

Easy one. ;)
    Ah...I knew it was familiar, because I only watched FYEO this week. :P

I believe it is when Kristatos is asking Bond about his motives etc. in going after Columbo. "You're from the British Narcotics Board, Am I right?". Bond says "Go on".

Am I right? :)
    If that was an easy one, I hope I never see a difficult one (quote)

Without the above response I wouldn't have had a clue, except I would of thought it was from a Roger Moore Bond and nothing more. Well done to Jfree92 if that is correct. That was really quite tough

Yes it would have been hard for those who had not watched FYEO as recently as I had :P I am just lucky it was still in the back of my head haha
    FYEO is not the one I'm thinking of though. It may have been said in FYEO, but you'll have to keep guessing I'm afraid.
    Aww bugger...back to the drawing board.
    I don't know what it is, and it's too late for rational thinking

I still believe it's a Roger Moore quote, but damned if I know where it fits in

Is it Mary Goodnight to Bond in The Man with the Golden Gun. I can just about think back and remember she said something similar. No surprise if incorrect
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 4,622
    "Well, the first thing you should know about us is that we have people everywhere. Am I right?"
    This would be Mr. White signaling Mitchell in QoS. Am I right? ;) If I am, I will pass the baton to whomever Benny wants to give it to.