"Something for the weekend, Sir ?"

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    Nicely played!
    "Are you lookin' at me ?"...."Are you lookin' at me ?"

If you are, then please fill in your plans or non-plans for the Bank Holiday weekend ,(or non-holiday weekend,if you are not in Grand Britannia ).
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Going to stay with a friend. There will be Get Drunk & Shout At Pierce Brosnan Movie Night.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Cinema probably.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Resting after the first week of the semester has been completed.

New students?
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 19,339
    I’ve got my dear old dad coming over on Sunday for pizza and a first viewing for both of us of Avengers: Infinity War,while the missus is away
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I’ve got my dear old dad coming over on Sunday for pizza and a first viewing for both of us of Avengers: Infinity War,while the missus is away

I loved it.
    I’m yet to hear if someone who hasn’t so fingers crossed.
    Is it as good as Thor Ragnarok @Birdleson ?
    Seeing Roger Daltrey at The Mountain Winery tonight. I’ve seen The Who plenty of times, and Townshend solo once, but this will be my first Roger show.
    I just saw Herb Alpert and Lani Hall at the San Jose Hazz Festival. Last time I saw them they played THE LOOK OF LOVE from CR ‘67, which they did again, and NSNA, which they did not do this time. What was new, for me, was an instrumental version of the CR ‘67 Main Titles Theme, which Alpert had played on, with that great movie poster projected behind him on a giant screen.

Good shows @Birdleson? Always wanted to see The Who (or solo shows with Daltrey/Townshend), but have never had the opportunity.

Didn't know Herb Alpert was still active! I sometimes like to put on one of his records while making food. Whipped Cream & Other Delights usually.

I loved it.
    I’m yet to hear if someone who hasn’t so fingers crossed.
    Is it as good as Thor Ragnarok @Birdleson ?

Maybe more satisfying is a way to put it, because I loved that one too. And this is high praise from me, as I consider myself a film historian and grew up addicted to comic books, but generally don’t like superhero films.

That’s good to know because Thor Ragnarok is one of the best films I’ve seen in many many years .

Seeing Roger Daltrey at The Mountain Winery tonight. I’ve seen The Who plenty of times, and Townshend solo once, but this will be my first Roger show.
    I just saw Herb Alpert and Lani Hall at the San Jose Hazz Festival. Last time I saw them they played THE LOOK OF LOVE from CR ‘67, which they did again, and NSNA, which they did not do this time. What was new, for me, was an instrumental version of the CR ‘67 Main Titles Theme, which Alpert had played on, with that great movie poster projected behind him on a giant screen.

Good shows @Birdleson? Always wanted to see The Who (or solo shows with Daltrey/Townshend), but have never had the opportunity.

Didn't know Herb Alpert was still active! I sometimes like to put on one of his records while making food. Whipped Cream & Other Delights usually.

I go to a lot of live music. Next month I have Johnny Marr and (separately) Wynton Marsalis lined up.

That sounds like a great way to spend your spare time! It's been a couple of years since I went to a concert the last time. The bands and artists I like to see usually don't have shows anyway near where I live, unfortunately.

I go to a lot of live music. Next month I have Johnny Marr and (separately) Wynton Marsalis lined up.

I have seen Morrissey, nut not Marr. Would be great if they teamed up again.
    Saw him in 2004, at Roskilde.
    It has been a while but to be honest? I have no idea what I will be doing this weekend?!!!!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Have a great time @Birdleson. :)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I'm going to Toulouse for a weekend of astonishing nerdery (aviation museum and Airbus factory tour).

http://www.musee-aeroscopia.fr/en/exposition-tintin-et-ses-avions/une-exposition-sur-mesure-de-plus-de-800m²
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I have no idea what I will be doing this weekend?!!!!
    Mate, how's your Bond room coming along?
    More DIY!!!!!!!!
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 19,339
    The weekend is nigh upon us (well almost),and,providing half of us don't get blown away by any more typhoons,what are you up to this time ?
    Dentist.

Can t find your false teeth? Again?
    Dentist.

The dentist have open offices during the weekends?
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 2,896
    Dentist.

Not the entire weekend at the dentist, I hope.
    Beacause that would be hell.
    This is a large complex with about 20 dentists, so they can do weekends and evenings.

Ah, I see. Hopefully it'll be a short visit to the dentists offices!
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Off to see The Room on the big screen tomorrow night. Because, like, that's how I roll. Doesn't everybody? ;)
    Can you come over for some Bond films on Sat evening? @BeatlesSansEarmuffs ? I already talked to @Some_Kind_Of_Hero .

I'm free on Saturday and could do so.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    St_George wrote: »
    Off to see The Room on the big screen tomorrow night. Because, like, that's how I roll. Doesn't everybody? ;)

I want to see it in it's entirety. I've only seen clips.

Actually, apparently Tommy Wiseau's supposed to be in attendance. ;)
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

I want to see it in it's entirety. I've only seen clips.

Actually, apparently Tommy Wiseau's supposed to be in attendance. ;)

“Oh hi audience! Thank you for watching my movie. Haha it’s such a great story.”
    Went to a screening of OHMSS at Pinewood studios yesterday. Guests featured Terrence Mountain, Sylvana Henriques and Peter Lamont.

Personally drove TM back down to Sussex too and had a chat with him back at his over a coffee. Very charismatic charming man.

1oeODWX.jpg
    What a jammy so and so!!!! Can't fault you though!!!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Great pic @BAIN123
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Cool!

I changed diapers this weekend. Many times. And no, not mine.