"Something for the weekend, Sir ?"

Comments

Birdleson wrote: »
    Not the weekend, but tomorrow night I'm getting together with fellow Bay Area MI6 Community members @Some_Kind_Of_Hero , @Revelator and @BeatlesSansEarmuffs for drinks in San Francisco.

That sounds ideal to me!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Well that is the 2nd of 12 church visits made today. AND....? It is the eve of the extension build finally. Will post photo's as the Bond room progresses, however their will be 3 weeks of ground works first so I am quite sure that none of you want to see endless holes in the ground a metre deep? Lol!

Depends on who you bury there.

Will make sure their are no rats and that I do not have cheap aftershave on?!!! Lol!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Try to make it out here you two!

Doubt I can get a US visa.
    @RogueAgent if you're in the area, join us.

Sadly my friend I am in the UK!!!! Lol!
    Well, there's a bunch of you buffoons living there (and my recollection of the UK was that I could get anywhere from London in like 15 minutes), so set something up!

May just do that? Gonna finish the building project first though as we are only 2 days in. Also the small issue of a wedding to organise too! Ooooh my wallet hurts. Lol!
    Good luck.

Thanks! Gonna need it! Lol!
    Hoping to see THE SHAPE OF WATER as I missed it last weekend.
    Hoping to see THE SHAPE OF WATER as I missed it last weekend.

I liked it, maybe not so much as everyone else, it seems, but I liked it. The only films from the past year that actually transcend the rest of the output are THE FLORIDA PROJECT and DUNKIRK (still need to see THREE BILLBOARDS).

Don’t want to kill your hype, but Three Billboards could be my pick for most overrated film of the year. It’s good, but I have next to no desire to watch it again. Your Top 3 will probably remain those films, which are good picks I must say.
    Just checked the schedule. It runs REAL LATE. Just not worth it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited March 2018 Posts: 40,478

Does it have only one viewing? I've noticed that a lot lately with the Oscar contenders playing nearby for me, there'll be one showtime around 10-11 PM. It sucks.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Does it have only one viewing? I've noticed that a lot lately with the Oscar contenders playing nearby for me, there'll be one showtime around 10-11 PM. It sucks.

Yep, that s it. Just one viewing, relatively late Sunday-Thursday, when I have to get up early next day, and very late Friday and saturday. It was the same with Ebbing, which is why I gave it a pass.

Maybe I will just check out THE FLORIDA PROJECT instead.

Yep, that s it. Just one viewing, relatively late Sunday-Thursday, when I have to get up early next day, and very late Friday and saturday. It was the same with Ebbing, which is why I gave it a pass.

Maybe I will just check out THE FLORIDA PROJECT instead.

Florida Project is superior to Three Billboards for my taste.
    Forget about it. Just checked the screening schedule for Florida, and it has just one per day as well, while I am at work. Nothing in the evening or weekend.
    Darn. Sorry to hear it.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 45,489
    I will just have to wait and see. Sometimes these films get a second running. There is a lot of popular trash in the cinema now, which takes up most of the theatres.
    Surviving basically! Lol!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    My flatmate and I have both had to cancel our travel plans, so we're going to continue our enjoyment of Remington Steele season 1. I may have to think up some suitable cocktails.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I'm so miserably sick that I can barely focus my blood shot eyes on this site enough to read it. I've been sick for the past few days and it's only gotten worse. Gonna be a great weekend. :(
    I will just have to wait and see. Sometimes these films get a second running. There is a lot of popular trash in the cinema now, which takes up most of the theatres.

That's typically the theaters nearby for me: they play a lot of popular garbage and overlook anything artsy or indie-esque. Aren't the Oscars soon? I won't be surprised if the winners end up getting some extended theatrical playtime after they win awards, even though most of these are available digitally/on DVD/blu-ray by now.
    I'm so miserably sick that I can barely focus my blood shot eyes on this site enough to read it. I've been sick for the past few days and it's only gotten worse. Gonna be a great weekend. :(

Have you tried changing oil?

Have you tried changing oil?

If only it were that simple.
    Wish you a speedy recovery, whatever it is.
    Thank you.
    Not a great deal due to the weather. Just a quiet one me thinks although I have my God daughters Birthday on Sunday plus a wedding fayre!! Aaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!
    I'll be staying in all weekend; not sure how much this bomb cyclone is supposed to hit here in WV, but the wind has been insane since late last night. Trees down everywhere, neighbor's sheds torn and thrown to hell and back. Tough to enjoy anything with the power going out so often, hopefully it doesn't last the whole weekend.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 45,489
    I'll be staying in all weekend; not sure how much this bomb cyclone is supposed to hit here in WV, but the wind has been insane since late last night. Trees down everywhere, neighbor's sheds torn and thrown to hell and back. Tough to enjoy anything with the power going out so often, hopefully it doesn't last the whole weekend.

Make sure you stay in the eye of the cyclone at all times, and you will be ok.
    Come on....open up your heart and tell your fellow members what you are or are not up to ....

You know you want to.
    My plan is to eat a lot of icebathers.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Five day break... And relax!
    Going to an aviation museum!

I know. You're all astonished.
    I have indeed, @Birdleson - they have some wonderful stuff! This time it's the de Havilland museum. I don't think it's a huge place but I'm looking forward to it.