"Something for the weekend, Sir ?"

Comments

• Birdleson wrote: »
    Now I'm thinking that it is the flu.

I had some kind of 24hr bug last weekend. It was wretched. I was nauseous, exhausted, and thoroughly heart-burned throughout the whole first half of this week. Fortunately I got TWINE and AVTAK in just before it started. Will have to add those to the meter actually.

And no, despite the personal opinions of many on this board, my TWINE and AVTAK double feature did not trigger my long night of violent vomiting. They are actually two of my all-time faves.

I hope your flu is short-lived.
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    Thanks. We need to have another meet up soon.

Absolutely. My life is slammed right now—been meaning forever it seems to get up my thoughts on GG, which I've finished—but hopefully we can find a weekend somewhere.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Birdleson wrote: »

Absolutely. My life is slammed right now—been meaning forever it seems to get up my thoughts on GG, which I've finished—but hopefully we can find a weekend somewhere.

Sounds romantic, guys... Room for any of us?
  • peter wrote: »

Sounds romantic, guys... Room for any of us?

There may be MI6ers from another region of the world who are more into what you're looking for.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yes, from the European continent.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 19,339
    First weekend of February.

What's going on in YOUR life,this weekend,peeps ?
    Meeting up with friends on Sunday for a much needed catch up.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    The wife and I are out for a few hours. Be a nice change as we don’t get too much time together. So, it’s out for something to eat and watching Winchester, although probably not in that order.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Going to a christening.

Personally I could do without both babies and religious ceremonies but I suppose they have their place.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Going to Aquariun of The Pacific in Long Beach!
    Trying to catch up on films I missed in 2017: Phantom Thread, Lady Bird, Call Me By Your Name, etc.

Revelator wrote: »
    Trying to catch up on films I missed in 2017: Phantom Thread, Lady Bird, Call Me By Your Name, etc.

Hope you have fun. Phantom Thread was great, Lady Bird was good. Haven’t seen Call Me By Your Name.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    My weekend has just started, I'm rested and had my cup of tea, in my camouflage uniform now and going outside for some fresh air in five.
    Sunrise is at 0750 but the base is busy before that. Most recruits and soldiers will be gone by 0830 for 36 hours and I'll enjoy that quiet time quite a lot.
    Playing cards with my friends tonight after a traditional Swiss meal.
    And being grateful in general to be where I am and to be alive. That's not saying I'm free of sadness but like one of my favourite quotes says:

-Been busy, have we, Mr Bond?
    -Just surviving, Mr Chang. Just surviving.

The story of my life....just surviving.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Going to Aquariun of The Pacific in Long Beach!

With the big whales painted onto the side of the building!

Yeah that's the one!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Working for the fourth weekend in a row, my life work balance needs addressing.
    Speak now or forever hold your peace,Bond nerds ..
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'm doing the usual Taxi service for my
    Daughters
    Going down to my mum's for her birthday. (She's getting a signed first edition and a bottle of interesting gin, because in some ways we are very alike.)
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Going down to my mum's for her birthday. (She's getting a signed first edition and a bottle of interesting gin, because in some ways we are very alike.)

First edition of what,gal ?
    Julian Barnes's new one, The Only Story - freshly signed last night!
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Don’t think I’ll be getting much done this weekend. My daughter is currently wearing and brace and use crutches for her knee after a fall.
    Looks like I will be going to Church this Sunday! 1st of 12 visits to gain our legal connection!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Looks like I will be going to Church this Sunday! 1st of 12 visits to gain our legal connection!

Please explain. I am thick as mud.

The church where myself and future bride wish to be married? Is not within our parish so we have to attend that church atleast twice a month for 6 months so we can legally be married there. Once this is achieved then we have legality to marry their as that is how long it takes to get on the electoral role. So we have 14 months roughly to do this as it does not have to be consecutive months.

The church where myself and future bride wish to be married? Is not within our parish so we have to attend that church atleast twice a month for 6 months so we can legally be married there. Once this is achieved then we have legality to marry their as that is how long it takes to get on the electoral role. So we have 14 months roughly to do this as it does not have to be consecutive months.

Strange rule.

Strange rule.

Their are many of them in this country. Lol! But if we didn't do it? The marriage would not be recognised in law.
    Well that is the 2nd of 12 church visits made today. AND....? It is the eve of the extension build finally. Will post photo's as the Bond room progresses, however their will be 3 weeks of ground works first so I am quite sure that none of you want to see endless holes in the ground a metre deep? Lol!
    Well that is the 2nd of 12 church visits made today. AND....? It is the eve of the extension build finally. Will post photo's as the Bond room progresses, however their will be 3 weeks of ground works first so I am quite sure that none of you want to see endless holes in the ground a metre deep? Lol!

Depends on who you bury there.
    Give my regards.
    Mine too - wish I was there!