SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Like @mcdonbb says, we shouldn't put much stock into some faceless person's statement.

Regardless, I want this teaser trailer to do just that; tease us! Subtly dangle bits and pieces in front of faces and send us all into a frenzy of suspense and speculation! Don't just give us a montage of action scenes.
  • true
    IF true, one could see it this way. There is a little brother, who wants to compete with you. The little bro is pulling all strings on action and not badly. So, wouldn't it be wise for the big brother to not take him on on the same level, but go another direction. Not because he cannot compete, for he can and more, but just to make a difference. Show off, what Bond has and MI5 not. Hopefully better dialogue and better and deeper characters. Might not make everybody happy but would take it away from direct comparison at this point, like "Oh, Cruise hangs on a plane and Bond only ..."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Just my opinion but The Bond team have been making Bond films for a long time
    I'd put money on them knowing how to make a trailer. ;)
  • DrGorner wrote: »
    Just my opinion but The Bond team have been making Bond films for a long time
    I'd put money on them knowing how to make a trailer. ;)
    Exactly my opinion!
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 3,164
    Now we have an explanation for the strange timing:

Bond is back, and premiering on #Access! Tune in Friday for the WORLD PREMIERE of the @007 #SPECTRE teaser trailer!

The show starts airing at 7:30pm local time in the US usually, and so they've shown the trailer by 7:45 (that's ET which would be the earliest time zone for the show) and boom it's online.

Was seriously hoping it'd debut on UK TV (BBC like Skyfall) first, alas...
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    antovolk wrote: »

Bond is back, and premiering on #Access! Tune in Friday for the WORLD PREMIERE of the @007 #SPECTRE teaser trailer!

The show starts airing at 7:30pm local time usually, and so they've shown the trailer by 7:45 (that's ET which would be the earliest time zone for the show) and boom.

Great promo! The shot under the bridge on the Thames looks new!!
  • Well if EON knows how to make a teaser, Access Hollywood does not ! :) Funky Bond !
    ggl007 wrote: »

The show starts airing at 7:30pm local time usually, and so they've shown the trailer by 7:45 (that's ET which would be the earliest time zone for the show) and boom.

Great promo! The shot under the bridge on the Thames looks new!!

Think that was in the second vlog featuring Mendes, near the end.
    Anyway do you guys think we'll get one of those "trailer announcement" clips today?
    I'm torn in half tbh whether I want one or not... :P

Plain logical publicity from EON/Sony/MGM though. As "Skyfall" was already a big success in the USA (I have a feeling this filmed put Bond on the map again in the USA), they obviously want to brainwash all Americans first. It's, together with China, the biggest movie market on this planet. And in all honesty, I also want all Americans to be brainwashed with Bond >:). So therefore, the teaser trailer has its prime debut on US television and other US TV shows. And because of that I still think that UK will not get any favors anymore. So: No earlier premieres. "SPECTRE" will also premiere in the UK on November 6th.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 3,164

Plain logical publicity from EON/Sony/MGM though. As "Skyfall" was already a big success in the USA (I have a feeling this filmed put Bond on the map again in the USA), they obviously want to brainwash all Americans first. It's, together with China, the biggest movie market on this planet. And in all honesty, I also want all Americans to be brainwashed with Bond >:). So therefore, the teaser trailer has its prime debut on US television and other US TV shows. And because of that I still think that UK will not get any favors anymore. So: No earlier premieres. "SPECTRE" will also premiere in the UK on November 6th.

Yeah exactly that's what I'm thinking too. The trailer will hopefully show when the film is out in UK for real.

And obviously you have to promote big in the US to keep up with Hunger Games, Star Wars and Avengers - THG I feel being the prime rival target for EON to try match or beat. Of course we'll have the royal world premiere in London but in terns of theatrical release it seems Sony will have it worldwide the week of Nov 6, that Interstellar slot. At most they go the Marvel route and have it everywhere overseas the week before to build hype for US domestic release. That strategy paid off loads for Marvel.

So who's gonna be watching Access Hollywood to see the trailer first?
  • Better to wait a few more minutes and watch the trailer when it appears online. In the past, Access Hollywood and Entertainment Tonight boasted "world premieres" of previous Bond trailers and last year, the Skyfall music video, and when it aired, they had chopped it all up and talked over the whole thing. It's disappointing and spoils the experience.
    Moshkeeto wrote: »
    Better to wait a few more minutes and watch the trailer when it appears online. In the past, Access Hollywood and Entertainment Tonight boasted "world premieres" of previous Bond trailers and last year, the Skyfall music video, and when it aired, they had chopped it all up and talked over the whole thing. It's disappointing and spoils the experience.

I know ET does that with their "previews"... We'll see what happens with AH though.

I'm pretty sure ET didn't have any world first premieres before online release though for SF?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    *shudders* we've waited this long, please don't let your first look at a teaser be 15 minutes early on TV. Like @Moshkeeto said, both Access Hollywood and ET always seem to talk and ramble over previews, teasers, movie clips, etc.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    *shudders* we've waited this long, please don't let your first look at a teaser be 15 minutes early on TV. Like @Moshkeeto said, both Access Hollywood and ET always seem to talk and ramble over previews, teasers, movie clips, etc.

Well AH is definitely no BBC Breakfast (we didn't really complain then tho did we?)

Yeah I'll prob wait it out till it lands in HD 15 mins later, but tbh given the full teaser trailer is their world exclusive before the online release I doubt they'll talk over it. Also call it strange but there always seem to be extra chills/goosebumps when watching a lower quality early version...

Can't wait to see what they've put together - like I said in the OP if it's PPC who cut it like Skyfall (and that teaser was brilliant), we're sure to be in for something chilling.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @antovolk, I'm home for Spring Break and we don't have cable or anything here any longer (nobody uses it, just a waste of money), so I wouldn't be able to watch it if I could. I agree about those extra goosebumps, though, because I remember staying up until 5 AM, constantly refreshing, to see the live debut of the SF trailer on BBC.
  • tqbtqb
    I'll probably record a reaction video hah
  • antovolk wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure ET didn't have any world first premieres before online release though for SF?

I remember ET was on set for SF and was the first to "reveal" the DB5 in London. I want to say they were the ones who had the world exclusive with Adele's music video too (10 minutes before it was released online).

I used to record those shows when they had the first looks for the trailer or behind the scenes. But, every time it's the same, they play a couple of quick clips with sound, then talk over the rest of it.

Each time I was frustrated after watching. All of that material is online moments later now, so I personally am choosing to wait.
    I think that AH won't even show the trailer right at 730. I think waiting till it hits online is the much better option.
  • bbc had an exclusive look with skyfall, shame they don't again this time. Must be due to the US time release.
  • it says its 1 minute 42 seconds, is that correct. from here http://projectionlist.com/#/site/trailers
    hthomas20 wrote: »
    I think that AH won't even show the trailer right at 730. I think waiting till it hits online is the much better option.

Well AH will def show it before the online release - hence the strange 7:45pm timing. So not right at 7:30 but def sometime between then and :45.
    it says its 1 minute 42 seconds, is that correct. from here http://projectionlist.com/#/site/trailers

Yes as that's the runtime from BBFC with the 5 seconds green band added that you see in US versions of trailers.
  • I see ok. thanks
  • going to look forwad to this all night at work come home at 11pm so wont have to long to wait
    ProjectionList.com is good for trailer dates within a "ballpark" time period. Unless a trailer date has been confirmed, as in the SPECTRE teaser, their dates are Projected - which they highlight.

A Projected date is an educated guess based on a number of factors, including previous years information, films that the trailer is likely to be released with, rumours, film convention dates etc.

Whilst they're usually pretty accurate, they shouldn't be taken as gospel or as an official source until backed up by other sources - usually the film studios themselves.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I do have to wonder if we'll see the DB5.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2015 Posts: 15,690

Can't wait to see the reactions of some of the members here if that happens. ;)

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    edited March 2015 Posts: 3,675

Can't wait to see the reactions of some members here if that happens. ;)

There'll be riots in the streets.
    In the movie, it'll probably be either a flashback or a TND-like cameo.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited March 2015 Posts: 7,526

I'd put all my money on No. But I may very well be proven wrong. I hope it's not in the film (don't tell me anything, people who have read stuff!); the DB10 is the new DB5.