SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• RC7RC7
    23:45 on a Friday night is a ridiculous time to put a teaser online for the follow up to the UK's highest grossing film of all time.
    dragonsky wrote: »
    I don't know what to expect....the movie is still shooting..it's a teaser..it will probably be bunch of unrelated action shots followed by some cool line from Bond and probably a quick glances of Bautista and M....but goddamn when the trailer will drop I will be super hyped !

I expect a very similar trailer as to the teaser trailer from "Skyfall", which aired early May 2012, and which featured Bond jogging in a park in London.
    RC7 wrote: »
    23:45 on a Friday night is a ridiculous time to put a teaser online for the follow up to the UK's highest grossing film of all time.

Explained it a couple pages back - Sony gave the exclusive debut to Access Hollywood who'll show it on US TV 15 minutes before it goes online - show starts 7:30pm their time. They're obviously working the domestic market with the campaign hence the more US-targeted debut times for content and the fact that the UK may not get the film 2 weeks early this year.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 11,119

Not for the US people. Sony/MGM/EON obviously see the USA as a market where still improvements can be made. Don't get me wrong, SF did wonderful there, but TDKR did way better. So then the time/schedule for this trailer release seems rather logic logical. So does the change in the worldwide release, where the UK market doesn't get the advantage anymore of seeing a Bond film earlier than in the USA: it's now November 6th in BOTH USA and UK.

I can't be bothered too much about it really. Also, tomorrow is just a trailer :-).
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,588

Not for the US people. Sony/MGM/EON obviously see the USA as a market where still improvements can be made. Don't get me wrong, SF did wonderful there, but TDKR did way better. So then the time/schedule for this trailer release seems rather logic logical. So does the change in the worldwide release, where the UK market doesn't get the advantage anymore of seeing a Bond film earlier than in the USA: it's now November 6th in BOTH USA and UK.

I can't be bothered too much about it really. Also, tomorrow is just a trailer :-).

Yes, but Access Hollywood? I think 7 people watch that show, and the ratings have gone way down.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,588
    Dp.
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    edited March 2015 Posts: 117
    well they are about to get a spike in views tomorrow lol
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    T minus 17 hours and counting!!

Can't wait!!!

:) :) :) :) :)
  • RC7RC7
    antovolk wrote: »

Explained it a couple pages back - Sony gave the exclusive debut to Access Hollywood who'll show it on US TV 15 minutes before it goes online - show starts 7:30pm their time. They're obviously working the domestic market with the campaign hence the more US-targeted debut times for content and the fact that the UK may not get the film 2 weeks early this year.

I get why they've done it, I just think it's a ridiculous time to do it. I was always under the impression that content went viral much quicker during week days, than weekends. 19:30 and 23:45 on Friday just seem odd to me. Would a morning launch not seem more appropriate? That way you have millions of workers firing this trailer to each other across the day. As it is a lot of people in the UK may not even catch this until Monday. It's no biggie, just weird.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 3,164

I get why they've done it, I just think it's a ridiculous time to do it. I was always under the impression that content went viral much quicker during week days, than weekends. 19:30 and 23:45 on Friday just seem odd to me. Would a morning launch not seem more appropriate? That way you have millions of workers firing this trailer to each other across the day. As it is a lot of people in the UK may not even catch this until Monday. It's no biggie, just weird.

If not for the Access Hollywood exclusive, the trailer would've debuted at the pretty much standard for Hollywood trailers/marketing material time of 9am PT/noon ET/5pm (4pm at the moment because we only get daylight saving this weekend) GMT. Just at the end of the working say for UK/Europe and start of the day or lunch break over in the US.

N.B. Marvel and others have had quite a few of their trailer debuts at this time if not even later thanks to their TV exclusives (College Football Playoff Championship for Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer 2, Agent Carter on ABC for Ant-Man, Sons of Anarchy and Gotham for Kingsman: The Secret Service) so it's not like it's completely unusual...sure for such a UK-centric institution such as Bond a UK-friendly time would've been good like before, but here they're aiming the marketing to the Americans. And when the original 10am GMT on Friday info was going round quite a few US people were unhappy about it.
  • RC7RC7
    And when the original 10am GMT on Friday info was going round quite a few US people were unhappy about it.

Well we wouldn't want that.
    And when the original 10am GMT on Friday info was going round quite a few US people were unhappy about it.

Coming from the people complaining about it debuting at a bad time for UK/Europe... ;)

Either way what time it debuts won't matter in terms of it going viral - that late-released Avengers trailer for instance racked up 37 million views. With the hype going round for this trailer on social media, we should get lots of views too. And I'm not quite sure 'a lot of' UK people won't be able to see it until Monday?
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Italian SPECTRE FB page share that tomorrow the trailer will be released in Italian.
    I don't know if you care :D
    Italian SPECTRE FB page share that tomorrow the trailer will be released in Italian.

Well it's good that Sony's international partners will be getting translated/dubbed versions out at the same time :D

Car chase scenes confirmed? :D
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited March 2015 Posts: 3,157
    I certainly do! I can't wait to hear Francesco Prando's marvelous voice in SPECTRE :D
  • RC7RC7

Coming from the people complaining about it debuting at a bad time for UK/Europe... ;)

Either way what time it debuts won't matter in terms of it going viral - that late-released Avengers trailer for instance racked up 37 million views. With the hype going round for this trailer on social media, we should get lots of views too. And I'm not quite sure 'a lot of' UK people won't be able to see it until Monday?

I was being sarcastic. It's not a bad time for UK, if you're a fan you'll watch it.

I just think they miss a trick when the don't play to the uninformed masses, especially over here. People like us are waiting, where the audience you really need to hit between the eyes are those who don't have any real knowledge that this film is in the works. What's the kind of audience figures for Access Hollywood? A quick search suggests around 2-3 million. As an example, England play an international match tonight, it's broadcast live on terrestrial TV at 7:45pm. Competitive games such as this can get anywhere between 6-10m. That's a hefty audience over here. If they ran the SP trailer at half time you'd be hitting a tonne of people at home and also lots of people who happen to be out in pubs while the game is showing. They could then simultaneously release it online around the world. Anyhow, they've obviously decided this is the best option, but I'm not convinced the US market buys into people pandering to them with flaccid exclusives, but I may be wrong.
    but I'm not convinced the US market buys into people pandering to them with flaccid exclusives, but I may be wrong.
    Superbowl commercials and trailers?

• RC7RC7
    JCRendle wrote: »
    but I'm not convinced the US market buys into people pandering to them with flaccid exclusives, but I may be wrong.
    Superbowl commercials and trailers?

That's not a flaccid exclusive, though. That's an institution.

I was being sarcastic. It's not a bad time for UK, if you're a fan you'll watch it.

I just think they miss a trick when the don't play to the uninformed masses, especially over here. People like us are waiting, where the audience you really need to hit between the eyes are those who don't have any real knowledge that this film is in the works. What's the kind of audience figures for Access Hollywood? A quick search suggests around 2-3 million. As an example, England play an international match tonight, it's broadcast live on terrestrial TV at 7:45pm. Competitive games such as this can get anywhere between 6-10m. That's a hefty audience over here. If they ran the SP trailer at half time you'd be hitting a tonne of people at home and also lots of people who happen to be out in pubs while the game is showing. They could then simultaneously release it online around the world. Anyhow, they've obviously decided this is the best option, but I'm not convinced the US market buys into people pandering to them with flaccid exclusives, but I may be wrong.

Yeah I got that hence the wink :P

AH probably paid Sony a whole lot of money for that trailer - and that's the main reason these exclusives happen anyway apart from any sporting events and such where they use them to reach a big audience :)

The main impact for this trailer for the uninformed will be when it lands online, and, and that's a big and, when it lands in cinemas in the US and around the world next week with Furious 7. Online releases and any 'broadcast exclusives' are always planned around when they intend to debut the trailer in theatres, which is probably the most important thing. For a lot of blockbusters, just dropping it online a few days before it hits theatres is pretty much enough.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland

Well it's good that Sony's international partners will be getting translated/dubbed versions out at the same time :D

Car chase scenes confirmed? :D

@ antovolk Let's hope that is true!! :)
  • I don't want to sound disrespectful, as I understand bond is also big in America. But bond is british and I feel the premier for trailers and the film should be given to a british time not just to suite America, if that's the case here. Im not fussed though, just cannot wait to see it.
  • just hope its worth staying up for .
    I think, british or not, its all about the money and in the end, to stay relevant, the franchise NEEDS to make big bucks, even more so with this budget. So everything, that helps this aspect is fine with me. Premier it in China, if necessary. Doesn't change anything about the end product.
    Trailer is online in T minus 12 hours and counting...
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    Only 12 short hours to go eh?

(Looks at watch again. Sighs)

Bloody Yanks.
  • I understand what your saying, I do agree. I was just meaning, it should be remembered bond is british and feel british shouldn't feel left out. Just should have been a time better for us in uk.
  • RC7RC7
    To get us pumped...

I understand what your saying, I do agree. I was just meaning, it should be remembered bond is british and feel british shouldn't feel left out. Just should have been a time better for us in uk.

Which is probably why the 9am PT/noon ET/5pm GMT is nearly always the standard debut time for any big Hollywood trailer - it will go well with the American, the British and European audiences! :D And like I said, if not for the Access Hollywood exclusive, it would have debuted then. Suits everyone.

The issue here isn't really them suiting specifically America, it's the fact that they gave the exclusive to Access Hollywood which means it debuts at a bad time for most people outside the US. Sort of the inverse of what happened with the Skyfall teaser.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

IMO I think the change in the UK release date may have more to do potential pond jumping spoilers. But yes Bond has room to grow in both the US and China.