Which celeb(s) have you ever talked to?

Comments

RogueAgent wrote:
    If i am EXTREMELY LUCKY? I will hopefully get to meet Roger Moore later this week? [-O<

Is this An Evening With Roger Moore that you are talking about?

It is indeed. But it's a little complicated to go into at the minute? If it does happen? Trust me? I will let you all know?
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 4,813
    A funny thing happened yesterday- I work one day a week at The Home Depot and 'The Giant' came in to shop!

220px-My_giant_poster.jpg

Not exactly a celebrity, as he was only ever in that one movie, but nevertheless, he certainly stood out for other reasons. I'm 6'2" and he towered over me! Nice guy too- I got to help him >:D<

It was so funny because before I saw him a few other associates were saying 'hey did you know George Muresan was in the building??' and I was like 'Who?!?'

Then I saw him and figured it out pretty quick!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I thought the 'Giant' died a few years back but I guess not if you saw him. Hope he's doing well.
    Met Sir Roger yesterday - pics in Moore on moore thread
  • I met Sir Rog of Moore last week when he did his 'interview with Roger Moore' show. After the show I had my Bond on Bond book signed by him and I exchanged a few pleasant words. I've got a couple of photos of this moment which I will attempt to upload at some point!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I met Sir Rog of Moore last week when he did his 'interview with Roger Moore' show. After the show I had my Bond on Bond book signed by him and I exchanged a few pleasant words. I've got a couple of photos of this moment which I will attempt to upload at some point!

Looking forward to seeing them! I bet that was phenomenal.
    living in LA I have met ALOT of people (mostly at conventions)

1.Steven Bauer
    2.Robert Loggia
    3.Ernest Borgnine
    4.Henry Winkler
    5. Tippi Hedren
    6.David Faustino
    7.Ken Kercheval
    8.Morgan Brittany
    9.Charlene Tilton
    10.Steve Kanaly
    11.Magic Johnson
    12.Gary Lockwood
    13.Keir Dullea
    14.Morgan Fairchild
    15.Francis Capra
    16.George P Wilbur
    17.Jim Winburn
    18.Chris O'donnel
    19.Pierre Shamashian
    20.Harout Pamboukjian
    21.Andy Madadian
    22. Verne Troyer
    23. Kel Mitchell
    24. Michele Lee
    25. Kevin Dobson
    26. John Saxon
    27. Bob Wall
    28. Jim Kelly
    29. Lee Meriweather
    30. Stan Lee
    31. Elvira
    32. Julie Newmar
    33. Malcolm McDowell
    34. James Hong
    35. Arnold Schwarzenegger
    36. Audrey Landers
    37. Judy Landers
    38. Jon Hamm
    39. Sigfried from sigfried and roy
    40. Serj Tankian
    41.Loni Anderson
    42 Barbara Eden
    43. Danielle Harris
    44. Dawn Wells
    45. Larry Thomas
    46. Leslie Ann Warren

Bond Related

1. George Lazenby
    2. Richard Kiel
    3. Maud Adams
    4. Britt Ekland
    5. Maryam Dabo
    6. Luciana Paluzzi
    7. Caroline Munro
    8. Tanya Roberts
    9. Robert Davi
    Susan Sarandon
    Dennis Quaid
    Harrison Ford
    Bill Clinton
    Robert Davi
    Adam Sandler (or so I'm told, I really don't recall)
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited March 2013 Posts: 4,399
    Amy Dumas aka "Lita" from the WWE.. got her autograph and pic with her..

Mike Luce drummer for the band "Drowning Pool".. got to talk with him after a show - a really awesome down to earth guy, as is the rest of the band..

Scott Fujita current NFL linebacker for the Cleveland Browns..

Frank Caliendo.. i worked an event here in Cleveland called "Roverfest", he was backstage when i ran into him, had to get a pic with him of course.

Jerome Bettis eventual hall of fame running back from the Pittsburgh Steelers.. met him while at his restaurant in Pittsburgh one day..

Ron Livingston known for his role of Peter in "Office Space".. i met him during a memorial day event at a local hockey game.. i got him to autograph the inside of my "Band Of Brothers" tin DVD box..

Got to meet a couple of people recently...

Just got to meet Mr. Gary Sinise (Lt. Dan from Forrest Gump) and Ron Howard!
    And George Takei

How could I forget George Takei?!
    A trip to NYC last summer resulted in a lot of broadway shows. Saw Matthew Brodrick in his show then met him and took a picture after. He was very tired but still willing to take a picture.

The next night I saw the show "The Best Man" which started a whole bunch of people but the two that I met after the show were John Stamos and James Earl Jones. Both of whom were very friendly and talked with me and my family quite a while. Very awesome experience
    Was at Memorabilia show today and met:

Lana Wood - Plenty O'Toole
    Shirley Eaton - Jill Masterson
    Madeline Smith - Miss Caruso
    Nina Muschallik - Verushka
    00Ed wrote:
    Susan Sarandon
    Dennis Quaid
    Harrison Ford
    Bill Clinton
    Robert Davi
    Adam Sandler (or so I'm told, I really don't recall)

Woah ! Just Woah @-)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @haserot, I'm jealous about Livingston autographing your 'Band of Brothers' tin. Very, very jealous.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Timothy Dalton (legend, signed my Shaun Of The Dead DVD at the Hot Fuzz premiere because I didn't know he was in the film and had nothing else for him to sign)

Awesome. I've seen & been near hundreds of celebrities, but I only ever shared words of any meaning with two. After his Broadway play "Fifth of July" in 1980, I got to talk to Christopher Reeve backstage, he was charming & so nice, and he gave my girlfriend a kiss in the cheek. And in the mid Eighties, I was at a hotel bar where James Doohan sat next to me to have a drink before going on stage at a Trek convention, he was hilarious, and in noooo rush.
  • I seen Daniel Craig, Olga, and Forster from a distance when Quantum of Solace premiered in Sydney. Rather exciting for a fanboy ;)

Another exciting experience would have to be last year, when I was on a drama trip with my class to Sydney. On the last day, we went to see the stage production of 'Annie.'
    During the interval, on my way out, I was pushed by a crowd into a man. I apologised to this man, only to realise it was Tobey Maguire. I was shocked. I didn't actually know what to say. I am not overly fond of his acting, but it was still quite a shock to stare into Spiderman's eyes. I'm proud. :)>-

Honourable mentions of famous people I have met are: Hugh Jackman, Hugo Weaving, Cate Blanchett.

I seen Daniel Craig, Olga, and Forster from a distance when Quantum of Solace premiered in Sydney. Rather exciting for a fanboy ;)

Another exciting experience would have to be last year, when I was on a drama trip with my class to Sydney. On the last day, we went to see the stage production of 'Annie.'
    During the interval, on my way out, I was pushed by a crowd into a man. I apologised to this man, only to realise it was Tobey Maguire. I was shocked. I didn't actually know what to say. I am not overly fond of his acting, but it was still quite a shock to stare into Spiderman's eyes. I'm proud. :)>-

Honourable mentions of famous people I have met are: Hugh Jackman, Hugo Weaving, Cate Blanchett.

Quantum Of Solace, Spiderman , Wolverine!!
    Lucky you

Bond related...
    Cubby Broccoli, Barbara Broccoli, Michael G Wilson, Timothy Dalton, Talisa Soto, John Barry and David Arnold

• Anon wrote:
    Bond related...
    Cubby Broccoli, Barbara Broccoli, Michael G Wilson, Timothy Dalton, Talisa Soto, John Barry and David Arnold

Now that is what I call lucky!! What was Cubby like? Just tell me a little bit about Tim and Babs. The fanboy inside me is screaming. :x
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Anon wrote:
    Bond related...
    Cubby Broccoli, Barbara Broccoli, Michael G Wilson, Timothy Dalton, John Barry

What a blessing.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 232
    I've Met:

Roger Moore (at a book signing, and asked him about the rare film "Street People")

George Lazenby (at a signing, talked to him for about 15 minutes)

Gloria Hendry (she's really nice and was pretty flirty, and told me I looked great)

Malcolm McDowell (screening of "O Lucky Man," got to ask him a question about the film)

Jude Law (talked after a performance of Hamlet)

Rufus Sewell (met him on a NY subway train, and we talked for like 30 min., super nice!)

Paul Weller (I've met him about 15 times since 1991)

Damon Albarn (saw & talked w/ him on Haight St. in SF, day of a Blur concert in 1996)

Graham Coxon (met w/ him at an instore performance at Amoeba Records in S.F.)

John Taylor (recently saw him at NY Museum of Modern Art)

Philip Oakey (from The Human League) (met him on the street of NY)

Green Gartside (from Scritti Politti) (super nice guy, invited me into his soundcheck!)

Brian Wilson (stayed at a hotel I worked at. Delivered food to his room and we talked!)

Brian Auger (Cool guy and signed some records)

Eric Burdon (signed some records too)

Damon Gough (of Badly Drawn Boy) (signing at Amoeba)

Desmond Dekker (met him backstage of one of his concerts & signed a CD)

Martha Reeves (met and talked with her in her trailer after a concert)

Pauline Black (from The Selector) (DJ'd for The Selector at one of their concerts)

Jon Lucien (met him at a Jazz club he performed at)

Roy Ayres (met him at a Jazz club he performed at)

Bobby Hutcherson (met him at a Jazz club he performed at)

Peter Coyote (met twice at a reading and interview and signed book. Nice guy!)

Judah Friedlander (regular customer at a video store I worked at)

Brett Easton Ellis (book signing. Signed my copy of American Psycho)

Martin Amis (book signing. Signed my copy of London Fields)

Jerzy Skolimowski (screening of Deep End & Essential Killing. Signed my Deep End poster)

Alejandro Jodorowsky (interviewed him for FAD magazine in the early 90s, met him nearly 20 years later while interning for Severin Films, when making a Santa Sangre interview for the documentary on the DVD release)

Dario Argento (met him at a convention, and got a picture with him.)

Wes Anderson (met him during an interview at an Apple store in NY)

John Waters (met and got photo w/ him at Amoeba Records)

Spotted on the street:

Snoop Dogg (in NY)

Mos Def (inside Amoeba Records in SF)

Javier Bardem (in Rite Aid in NY)

Natalie Portman (in NY)

Robert DeNiro (in NY)

Don Johnson (worked for Paramount on the show Nash Bridges, saw him around)

Ryan Gosling (twice, once on NY subway and once on street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn)

Tom Waites (in Amoeba Records)

Neil Young (book signing)

Julia Roberts (in NY, she smiled at my wife and I)

Claire Danes (sat behind her at a NY screening of the Spielberg film A.I.)

Dennis DeYoung (notoriously rude guest at a hotel I used to work for)

There may be more, but this is all I can remember at the moment.

oh also:

Barbara Carrera (at signing)

Steven Bauer (at signing)

and

Stefania Casini (she was lovely!)
    Anon wrote:
    Bond related...
    Cubby Broccoli, Barbara Broccoli, Michael G Wilson, Timothy Dalton, John Barry

What a blessing.

I'll be more than happy to meet any of them. A whole day chatting with them can't be enough. Could you imagine all the war stories of Cubby, Michael or John Barry? The dramatic conversations one could have with Dalton?
    And of course, I'll be more than happy to meet Barbara, take her for a drink and to see what happens next! Perphaps she'll help me to find the stationery.
    I was at a press do for Licence to Kill at the Roof Gardens in Kensington - bit of a blag to be honest and was slightly overwhelmed at first. But free Bollinger on tap loosened my tongue just enough to break the ice. I'd love to say I had lengthy in-depth conversation, but at that kind of event it's basically an exchange of pleasantries and the odd question.
    Met John Barry at the GQ awards when he got a special honour a few of years ago. Couldn't pass up the opportunity to shake the great man's hand and tell him what a huge influence he had.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I met Jennifer Lawrence once going grocery shopping. I accidentally bumped into her cart and ended up in a conversation over apples. She's pretty nice and very attractive in person.
    Gary Oldman
    David Jason
    Graeme Sharp
    Darren Campbell
    Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill

And my Grandfather used to work in the British Embassy in Washington DC and had the pleasure of meeting Presidents Nixon and Reagan.
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    Messi(at the Nou camp),David Millar (cyilist),Beth Tweddle (Chester Match),Taylor Swift and Harry Styles in my home town( I know Harry Styles he's local) and saw michael owen at a chester game once vs tranmere we won.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    samainsy wrote:
    Messi(at the Nou camp),David Millar (cyilist),Beth Tweddle (Chester Match),Taylor Swift and Harry Styles in my home town( I know Harry Styles he's local) and saw michael owen at a chester game once vs tranmere we won.

Is she writing a song about you for her new album perchance?
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    samainsy wrote:

Is she writing a song about you for her new album perchance?
    Ha ha ha no.

as a Hong Kong film fan for 30 years plus, I have been lucky to meet and chat with a few stars
    Jackie Chan - did some drunken style with him
    Jet Li - was his bodyguard for a day
    Chow Yun Fat
    Donnie Yen
    Gordon Liu - before his recent stroke
    Michelle Yeoh - when she was making TND
    Phillip Kwok Choy - choreographer of Hard Boiled + the fight in TND (as well as cameoing as General Chang) and a Shaw Brothers legend to boot
    John Woo
    Phillip Ko - on the metro in HK
    Leung Gar Yan
    Alan Tam etc